Romo on coaching

InTheZone

Reaction score
Bummer. We need a QB/OC coach. Then when you don’t agree with JG then you can have his job.
As soon as our problems coaches and players are gone we'll have to wait a few more years. Until then expect 1 and dones in the playoffs

lukin2006

Reaction score
Please make this happen. But JG would have to be fired. Jg doesn't want a knowledgeable football guy on his staff. He prefers dinosaurs from the 90's.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Just like I stated before, Romo is making millions in the booth for CBS, which is a lot more laid back and easy going over coaching. Coaching is stressful and time consuming, so if he is going to make millions either way, then it might as well be the more laid back way. And he really seems to enjoy his time in the booth. So, I don't blame him for passing by the chance to coach, at least for now.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
1) Great as he may be, I need to see him be a coordinator or QB coach before sliding him in as HC. So gotta put up the work. This isn't basketball, not sure I think a former player to HC slide would work.

2) Respect. Whether he wants to or not, he retired for specific reasons - he felt he could still play, but didn't want to leave the Dallas area and really is committed to his family. Watching his Football Life episode, I get the feeling Romo really did leave it on the field and doesn't miss it all that much.

3) This would deprive us of the fines broadcast team in professionoal football. Dislike.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo joined the Ben and Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and was asked what he’d do if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones asked him to return as a coach.

“Many years from now, I’m sure I’ll get back into the game a little bit from that perspective,” Romo told 105.3 The Fan.

“Coaching takes up so much time away from your kids,” Romo continued.

“I think that’s years down the road before I’d want to do that. I get one shot at raising these little guys and believe me, they enjoy when I come home and pretty much wear me out for the three, four hours every night before bed in a fun way.”

“They’re pretty enjoyable to be around right now. So I don’t want to miss that for anything right now.”
So we're stuck with Garrett until Romos kids graduate HS!!!!

sideon

Reaction score
Listening to Romo dissect plays has somehow made me better at Madden. As for coaching I can't see him working alongside a coach who's thrown him under the bus numerous times.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Romo joined the Ben and Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and was asked what he’d do if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones asked him to return as a coach.

“Many years from now, I’m sure I’ll get back into the game a little bit from that perspective,” Romo told 105.3 The Fan.

“I think that’s years down the road before I’d want to do that. I get one shot at raising these little guys and believe me, they enjoy when I come home and pretty much wear me out for the three, four hours every night before bed in a fun way.”

“They’re pretty enjoyable to be around right now. So I don’t want to miss that for anything right now.”
Sounds like dude has his priorities straight

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:MEANWHILE IN KANSAS CITY....
HWUsWXv.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bummer. We need a QB/OC coach. Then when you don’t agree with JG then you can have his job.

Gimme a list of star QBs who are coaches. I can't think of a single one.

Oh wait, Jay Gruden. AFL Hall of Fame QB. I guess that doesn't count though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Tony has his head on straight. Family first.

But I still think Tony should hold a QB camp in the offseason. He'll have the time away from broadcast, and the time with young QBs will further his broadcasting career.

Tony thinks he got it figured out in his last seasons with the Cowboys. He should put that to the test, and pass it on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Super Bowl ring

lol - and exactly what are the odds of that? It's certainly far from guaranteed, and I doubt he would crave a SB ring as much as a QB coach as he did as a player. If he did he would already be coaching. I don't see him giving up the money and the short time he has with his young kids to chase a pipe dream, especially since he would just be helping with words from the sidelines rather than being a key figure in it on the field.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thank you Romo. Maybe your own comments will finally put the dreamers to bed. :muttley: