Romo on playing the QB position

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Romo knows what he's talking about when it comes to "spatial awareness".

While I should of committed myself to watching a full 6 minutes of this 18 minute video for a reasonable rounded out tabulation concerning this supreme tribute to the glory of our teams illustrious past battles fought, I stopped at the 5 minute mark and counted 20 interceptions, aired by the #9's heavenly blessed& universally acknowledged superior footballish right man stud arm,with 2 of those due to deflections & in excess of over 10 being supremely heaved in a never to be surpassed footballish fashion with Heat connecting just mere milliseconds after he'd fired for the attempted WIN,,,so,what's yer' point in illustrating thru gun camera compiled footage of the school boy known knowledge which coincides with the inherent risk factor/reward factor involved while engaged in aerial footballish attack,,,HUMMmmmm?

For were there are angle of some nefarious design upon yer' behalf in an ridiculous & transparently lame attempt in the besmirching of the #9 I'm just not seeing it as even faintly proving fruitful & meritorious in it's success, my Friendo_O

:starspin::lmao::starspin:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah as soon as he threw the td pass, I thought man he should start in the GB game but didnt happen.
Jones boys had found what they thought was a better QB at 1/100 the price, so you know stephen he aint passing up
a deal like that !

That was a Garrett decision in my opinion. I will believe in my heart until the day I die that Jerry wanted Romo back in the minute he was healthy. This is one of the few times where Jerry did not get his way and ironically it’s one of the few times where he was right

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
  • 4× Pro Bowl selection (2006, 2007, 2009, 2014)
  • Second-team All Pro (2014)
  • NFC passing yards leader (2009)
  • NFC passing touchdowns leader (2007)
  • NFL passer rating leader (2014)
  • NFL completion percentage leader (2014)
  • 2× NFC passer rating leader (2007, 2014)
  • 3× FedEx Air Player of the Week (Week 1, 2007, Week 13, 2007, Week 5, 2013)
  • 2× NFC Offensive Player of the Month
  • Ed Block Courage Award (2011)
  • Most consecutive road games with at least one touchdown pass: 41 (2009 – 2016)
  • Highest QB rating in month of December (133.7)
  • Highest QB rating in fourth quarter
  • Most games in a season with a passer rating of at least 135.0 (6)
COWBOY RECORDS:
  • Career leader in passing touchdowns and passing yards
  • Games with at least 3 touchdown passes: 40; previously held by Danny White (20)
  • Games with at least 300 yards passing: 46; previously held by Troy Aikman (13)
  • Career passing yards: 33,626, previously held by Aikman (32,942)
  • Lowest career interception percentage: 2.6% (minimum 16 starts; previously held by Aikman with 3.0)
  • Touchdown passes: 245 (previously held by Aikman with 165)
  • Most fourth quarter comebacks/game-winning drives: 28 (previously held by Roger Staubach with 23)
  • Consecutive games with a TD pass: 38 (2012–2014); previously held by Romo (20, 2010–11)
  • Season Games with at least 300 yards passing: 9 (2012); previously held by Romo (8 – 2009)
  • Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White (29)
  • Passing yards: 4,903 (2012)
  • FIRST and ONLY Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007, 2009, 2011, 2012)
  • Completions: 405 (2012); previously held by Romo with (347–2009)
  • Attempts: 611 (2012); previously held by Romo (550–2009)
  • First quarterback in franchise history to average over 300 passing yards a game in a season (306.4 – 2012)
You sir! Due to yer' beyond the obvious exemplary& finely tuned insightful INTELLIGENCE, thusly & forever more forward into the annuals of True folklore& legend of fandom ,shall be revered, and,,,are,,, an inspiration to us all :thumbup:

:bow::starspin::bow:

* Right-0n,Man! And damn fine post, Bro!:)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That was a Garrett decision in my opinion. I will believe in my heart until the day I die that Jerry wanted Romo back in the minute he was healthy. This is one of the few times where Jerry did not get his way and ironically it’s one of the few times where he was right
The only think I have been able to find is that Garrett wanted Dak and had to convince Stephen and Jerry, who both wanted Romo.

That said, when the defense gets torched for 34 points and the QB played very well, it wouldn't have mattered who the QB was. Romo could have put up 48 points and the defense would have given up 51. We weren't beating Rodgers in the playoffs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The only think I have been able to find is that Garrett wanted Dak and had to convince Stephen and Jerry, who both wanted Romo.

That said, when the defense gets torched for 34 points and the QB played very well, it wouldn't have mattered who the QB was. Romo could have put up 48 points and the defense would have given up 51. We weren't beating Rodgers in the playoffs.

Maybe, maybe not. I would tend to disagree with you but the only thing I can tell you for sure is that we will never know. Sure is fun to discuss from time to time though

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. I would tend to disagree with you but the only thing I can tell you for sure is that we will never know. Sure is fun to discuss from time to time though
Yeah I don't mind it. I just like consistency. If the defense is not going to be used as a valid excuse in that GB game, it should not be used in any previous years as an excuse for not winning. Meaning, better QB play would have won those other games, too.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the past means nothing but excuses one way or the other, the crap we see now 2018 is what matters. no excuses.. "excuses piss me off"

"if you can't see we need an offensive line to hold perfect protection for 2 minutes maybe more for Dak to find the field then the receivers, wow, just wow."

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
right about what? being a hater, if you don't like past players you need to find another team.

"he just need a better coach who knows how to scheme for him, the offensive line is awful, the wide receiver can't get open. " wow just wow.... who's these excuses for?

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When Romo got injured and was replaced by Prescott, I wanted Romo to be put back in when he was 100% to play. Not sooner. When that time came and went, it became easier to keep Prescott in because the team was playing well. So, as time went on it made sense to me. You're right, we'll never know.
Prescott didn't **** up the postseason, our defense did.