Romo on playing the QB position

sean10mm

Reaction score
Romo knows what he's talking about when it comes to "spatial awareness".

There is no QB that hasn't thrown picks. Troy Aikman threw 141. If an Eagles fan made a video of all his picks and went LOL AIKMANCEPTIONS it wouldn't prove anything except "Aikman played football a long time."

This post is the kind hot take cheap shot garbage that makes sports talk in general completely insufferable nowadays.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You Dak-hating Romo freaks are ruining this website.

As I said, less intelligent and not funny.
Even if you don't agree with Pappydog, at least he is good for a laugh. There's some genuine wit to some of his posts. That's true of some of the other pro Dak/Anti Romo posters. Some of them, I laugh at what they post even when I disagree. Because there's some genuine good humor or intelligence behind it.

You're clearly different. Every time I read your posts, I realize just how bitter, angry, and depressed about life you are. Here's a thread where Romo said absolutely nothing about Dak. Didn't even hint at him. And yet, you had to come in and offer some video of picks he threw, rather than have an intelligent conversation about the merits of his comments.

With you I never laugh. I read your posts, I feel pity. "Blah Blah Blah, I was a two time all state offensive lineman. I know what I'm talking about. Blah Blah Blah"

I genuinely pity you. I hope whatever has destroyed your life and made you who you are, eases up. I mean that. It would be awful to go through life as you do. How the hell do you find the strength to get out of bed in the morning? I'm being serious. How do you do it?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Even if you don't agree with Pappydog, at least he is good for a laugh. There's some genuine wit to some of his posts. That's true of some of the other pro Dak/Anti Romo posters. Some of them, I laugh at what they post even when I disagree. Because there's some genuine good humor or intelligence behind it.

You're clearly different. Every time I read your posts, I realize just how bitter, angry, and depressed about life you are. Here's a thread where Romo said absolutely nothing about Dak. Didn't even hint at him. And yet, you had to come in and offer some video of picks he threw, rather than have an intelligent conversation about the merits of his comments.

With you I never laugh. I read your posts, I feel pity. "Blah Blah Blah, I was a two time all state offensive lineman. I know what I'm talking about. Blah Blah Blah"

I genuinely pity you. I hope whatever has destroyed your life and made you who you are, eases up. I mean that. It would be awful to go through life as you do. How the hell do you find the strength to get out of bed in the morning? I'm being serious. How do you do it?
Fact is and Romo even admitted it. He wasn't that good early on in his career. Unfortunately when he was older and playing his best ball his body gave out on him. Bad Luck.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

My life is great. I get my kicks coming in here reading the daily uninformed Dak hate from you high school band players and bench warmers.

Carry on.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thought these were some interesting tidbits:

Some guys have better stats or better seasons in their rookie year....:muttley:

The really really great ones go through their progressions very quickly, they have spatial awareness and can get off a receiver before they're off the top of their route because you can already see what's going to happen.

So basically.... well, some of you know already know. :muttley:

too bad he quit. Little wussy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fact is and Romo even admitted it. He wasn't that good early on in his career. Unfortunately when he was older and playing his best ball his body gave out on him. Bad Luck.
Not bad luck. Romo wasted his early years busy going Hollywood, going to Cabo during the playoffs in order to entertain his Hollywood squeeze, etc, etc.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I watched that episode of Football Life a few times. Never did Tony say or even hint that he wasn't that good early in his career.
What he did say was that he worked tirelessly to improve and it wasn't until about 6 years in that he felt like he had really mastered his craft at the highest level.

There's a big difference in saying that someone "wasn't real good" vs "mastering their craft".
If anything this goes against one of the biggest criticisms of Romo that are offered by his detractors.

many say/have said that one of Romo's biggest faults was that he wasn't a true "competitor". Didn't have the desire to excel.
His description of constantly tinkering, working, attempting to improve and perfect what he did, and the realization that it probably didn't take for several years, to me counteracts this fallacious criticism.

The guy was good early. Damn good. But he wasn't content, despite what many say. Just my $.02

Ken

Reaction score
He is saying there in an instinctual/inate ability to be able to see how the pieces are moving on the field and how that will develop that allows QBs to go through reads faster, and that's what separates the good QBs (or those capable of becoming good - gotta study too).

Basically, that we need a new QB.
Are these examples of spatial awareness?

Brax

Reaction score

You have some real problems, I would assume you think Aikman and Staubach know nothing about it also, You do know he didn't say anything about Dak. You do know that all QB's throw interceptions. When are you posting the Aikman and Staubach complication vid?
Aikman 141 Int 165 TD
Staubach 109 Int 153 TD
Romo 117 Int 248 TD
I would say TR ,TA, RS all know about "spatial awareness" it's what helped make them so good.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Only you would set yourself up like this, so he had 45 INT's from 2012 thru 2015 at some point somebody around here will post a video of the 99 TD passes he also threw from 2012 thru 2015, last time i checked that is 2.2 TD's for every INT, very very good ratio in the NFL. Your boy Dak since the start of the 2017 season 1.7 TD's for every INT (that's called average for a QB which is what Dak is). I will wait around for your next snappy comback/reply....lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What instrument did you play in band? Serious question.

I have little to no instrumental ability. Wasn't my thing.

Hey, I have an idea. How about a great story from some big game you played at the HS level, 25 years ago. Come on. Make everyone's day, and at the same time bolster creedence for your opinions based on your former "Texas All State" Status. :laugh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I watched that episode of Football Life a few times. Never did Tony say or even hint that he wasn't that good early in his career.
What he did say was that he worked tirelessly to improve and it wasn't until about 6 years in that he felt like he had really mastered his craft at the highest level.

There's a big difference in saying that someone "wasn't real good" vs "mastering their craft".
If anything this goes against one of the biggest criticisms of Romo that are offered by his detractors.

many say/have said that one of Romo's biggest faults was that he wasn't a true "competitor". Didn't have the desire to excel.
His description of constantly tinkering, working, attempting to improve and perfect what he did, and the realization that it probably didn't take for several years, to me counteracts this fallacious criticism.

The guy was good early. Damn good. But he wasn't content, despite what many say. Just my $.02
He was average then became Good. He wasn't good then became elite.