Video: Romo on whether he's playing Sunday, "Oh yeah"

Staubacher

Reaction score
Thanks, Woody for posting this. I gotta say this has changed my whole outlook on life knowing Tony will be back on the grid Sunday. I said they should sit him and tank the season but I retract that. The lift this naturally gave me, and more importantly the players, says it all. We NEED our Romo out there no matter what the standings say. We NEED hope again, to believe in our team.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
8-8, here we come! Sadly it won't be enough to win the division.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
You are so right...one win at minimum and the outlook on this season is so much different.

The cynic in me believes that even if Romo were to "pick this team up from death's door and make it to the playoffs" the media and analysts will still find a way to keep themselves from calling #9 elite or a miracle worker. They would find a way to say how talented the team is around him and the team is finally healthy with key players knocking the rust off at the right time (Dez, Hardy, Lee and McClain). The rookies with 1st round talent (B. Jones, Collins and Gregory) will have adjusted to the NFL speed and talent at the right time.

Sucks being this cynical when it comes to the narrative of Antonio Romo. Smh...

If Romo were to get this team to the playoffs, the media would gloat on him as if he was a saint.....but if he were to lose a game in the playoff, they would tear him down again as a choker.....the media is soo predictable.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Thanks, Woody for posting this. I gotta say this has changed my whole outlook on life knowing Tony will be back on the grid Sunday. I said they should sit him and tank the season but I retract that. The lift this naturally gave me, and more importantly the players, says it all. We NEED our Romo out there no matter what the standings say. We NEED hope again, to believe in our team.

Well maybe you're right. I'm torn. I think if we lose the next 2 games he should sit until next year. Might as well save him. On the other hand if he can get this team on a winning streak maybe it will go over into next season. Hard to say.