Romo open to reworking contract in a trade

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
I am not ruling out that this ends with Romo starting opening week 1 in 2017 for the Dallas Cowboys.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Pleeease let us acquire at least a late second/early third!!

695d9991710f8e35158a1772b9c0499a.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he re-does his contract, that will blow things open. Might be able to get a modest bidding war for him.

Not really because he'll still cost someone a draft pick and doubt anyone will use a premium pick or multiple picks to try and out bid someone. Even if a team is willing to trade for him it's going to have to be a team he wants to play for.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
There are articles about him hoping and expecting to be released, wanting to complete for a starting job, wanting to go to the Texans, wanting to go to the Broncos, and now willing to restructure his deal to facilitate a trade. What I have yet to see is one single mention of him willing to stay and be the backup. Anywhere. In any article.

He said in his speech he believes he can and still wants to play. Every indication anywhere for months corroborates this. I don't get how some people still hold on to the notion that he would be willing or want to stay and be a backup.

It will be a sad day (imo) when he leaves. However it is what he clearly wants. We have our QB in Dak. Forcing Romo to stay and back him up would be bad for this team on more levels than it can help (his attitude towards being forced to backup Dak, Dak looking over his shoulder, Jerry blabbing stupid stuff, etc.). It sucks, but it is what it is, let him go try and win his own Superbowl. But get what you can for him in a trade (if you can) rather than letting him walk for nothing.
Dude is a golfer. They're the most competitive people in the world.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True but help was the key word.

To help rebuild it, it would take a #1 pick that lands an elite edge rusher and no way do we get a #1 for Romo. If someone were to cough up a #2 pick, outside of Sean Lee we've come up empty with our #2 picks the past decade. We would need multiple picks for a Romo trade to help rebuild our defense.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Are you saying keep him for 2 or 3 years?

not sure but at least 2.
it depends on cap situation in 2019 which i do not know if Romo would make a difference.

i dont see why not have the backup in the league, who is probowl level other than health.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
To help rebuild it, it would take a #1 pick that lands an elite edge rusher and no way do we get a #1 for Romo. If someone were to cough up a #2 pick, outside of Sean Lee we've come up empty with our #2 picks the past decade. We would need multiple picks for a Romo trade to help rebuild our defense.

Hey we got Brown in the 6th, Collins in the 3rd. It's doable..just don't draft druggies or Medical issues in the Second.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hey we got Brown in the 6th, Collins in the 3rd. It's doable..just don't draft druggies or Medical issues in the Second.

The jury is still out on both players but there's potential. You left out don't draft TE's to play behind Witten.

perrykemp

Reaction score
would much rather having him as backup

He wants an opportunity to start somewhere and I just can't see Jerry Jones or JG standing in the way of that.

He will be traded or cut. I'm guessing there is less than 1% chance he stays.