Romo or Brees

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Irrelevant... I’m comparing two players whose careers largely intersected. I wouldn’t suggest either Brees or Romo was better than Roger Dodger despite their much higher rating.
I’m calling out using this ranking as a defense or criteria for Romo.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I never said that. It's more evident in basketball for instance, where there are certain players that you know will help you win a championship.
Brees has “won” one title in 17 years. Either he is very stingy with his “help”, or (more likely) he just got lucky one time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Keep in mind that football is a team sport. Thus, Brees may have more playoff wins, yet it doesn't automatically= " Better".

In their prime, who would you rather have? Furthermore, who was better in your opinion?

Brees played in at least 15 games for all but one year, in which he played 11.

And I'm not going to check how many of those 15 years were healthy scratches because of playoffs.

11 Pro Bowls.

Pro Football Reference has their "Career Approximate Value". Brees is tied for 3rd all time with Jerry Rice.

The most you can say for Tony is that he had one of the best QB Rating years of all time in 2014. It's too bad he couldn't match the durability of Brees.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve never placed Brees in the most elite bracket. He and Romo have many similarities .

What Romo doesn’t have is the longevity career stats, never leading the league in passing and of course the championship but that’s the least of it to me.

If Romo had ever led the league in passing or a MVP he’d be much more revered . Romo only played 7 full seasons. That’s not all his fault but his career stats just don’t compare mostly because of a shortened career but that’s not Brees fault.

For that alone Brees should get the nod.

Brees is probably going to end his career as All time leading passer. If Romo had accomplished that he would be consisted for HOF without a championship.

Romo didn’t do enough in a brief career. Sorry!!

Ask anyone but some Cowboy Homers and they’d take Brees. Hands down . Lol

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I’ve never placed Brees in the most elite bracket. He and Romo have many similarities .

What Romo doesn’t have is the longevity career stats, never leading the league in passing and of course the championship but that’s the least of it to me.

Hmm... I wonder if Romo hadn't started out as a mobile quarterback, if his longevity would've been better. XD well then again, some of those years when the Cowboys had one of the worst offensive lines, that would've killed just about any quarterback's longevity. :(

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I always find that to be a bunch of BS. There are players who know how to win Championships and then there are players who win stats.

And I find that to be BS. Teams win and lose. Period. It's absurd to believe individual players do in a game where 22 are on the field at the same time and all are off the field half the time.

visionary

Reaction score
Keep in mind that football is a team sport. Thus, Brees may have more playoff wins, yet it doesn't automatically= " Better".

In their prime, who would you rather have? Furthermore, who was better in your opinion?

Brees and it's not even close

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes Brees is better and I think his career says so. I loved Tony Romo in his day here but he’s not on the same level as Drew Brees.

Tony Romo was a very good QB who will be in the ROH but not HOF. Drew Brees will be a HOFer. That pretty well sums it up.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
His projecting something he has no reason to know about other then opinion. Brees has done it
It seems pretty logical that given that Romo had talent, that Peyton being here that Romo would've had more success, or that Brees would've done worse under garret. And perhaps don't take it as projecting something to be true, just take it as his opinion. I mean this whole thread of Romo vs Brees is an opinion piece to begin with, and many are saying Brees on superbowls alone. But people here do recognize how influential Peyton is in developing quarterbacks. If Dak had him here, it would do him a world of good.

cml750

Reaction score
It is hard to compare the two. One has had a coach capable of getting his team to a SBmost of his career while the other never did. I believe Romo would have won even more SB's than Brees in NO under Payton while Brees would have had similar lack of success here under Garrett. #coachingmatters

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Romo.
Brees would have stunk it up playing in a JG predictable offense.

Romo in Sean Peyton’s offense would have multiple Super Bowls.

Scheme matters.

Ahhh yes. The typical hypotheticals that no one can prove or dis prove. This holds zero weight. Fact is, Brees had a much better career.

And did Romo ever beat Brees head to head?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Repeat what I said. If I compare two players from the year 2070 who have 140 ratings, as long as they are from the same time period who cares?
Your trying to frame the argument now.

I stated in a following post they had some similarities but their career marks don’t. For a couple seasons was Romo possibly in the same league . Yea maybe. I’ll give you that.

Like I mentioned above I can’t imagine anyone but some Cowboy fans who’d take Romo over Brees. But your certainly entitled to your opinion.

I wonder how many fans across the league would take Romo over Brees?