Romo or Brees

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Brees has the talent taken in 1st round but was often injured in San Diego. Saints took a chance he could remain healthy. The raw talent was always there.

again, getting out of SD wasnt easy. a lot of knocks on him. It turned out great for Sean, but if Brees doesnt get Sean, is he that good?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
again, getting out of SD wasnt easy. a lot of knocks on him. It turned out great for Sean, but if Brees doesnt get Sean, is he that good?
I think he was that good . Does Peyton help. Probably .

I followed Brees from his Austin Westlake State championship to taking Iowa( correction Purdue) to their 1st Rose Bowl in like 30 or 40 years.

He was an elite blue chipper all along.

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score

I followed Brees from his Austin Westlake State championship to taking Iowa to their 1st Rose Bowl in like 30 or 40 years.

i dont doubt the talent. I dont even doubt his luck. But I fully believe Sean got him to his level.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It seems pretty logical that given that Romo had talent, that Peyton being here that Romo would've had more success, or that Brees would've done worse under garret. And perhaps don't take it as projecting something to be true, just take it as his opinion. I mean this whole thread of Romo vs Brees is an opinion piece to begin with, and many are saying Brees on superbowls alone. But people here do recognize how influential Peyton is in developing quarterbacks. If Dak had him here, it would do him a world of good.
As a matter of fact your right message boards are normally just opinions.I feel we have a good staff in place you and about 30% of the board disagree with my statement.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I followed Brees from his Austin Westlake State championship to taking Iowa to their 1st Rose Bowl in like 30 or 40 years.

Brees played at Purdue. But yes he was a complete and total stud at QB in college as well. The only reason he lasted until the first pick in the second round is because of his height.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ahhh yes. The typical hypotheticals that no one can prove or dis prove. This holds zero weight. Fact is, Brees had a much better career.

And did Romo ever beat Brees head to head?
He did beat him.

We are fans who are on a message board voicing our "opinions". If you are so put off by hypotheticals that are not provable maybe you shouldnt be reading a thread which has a hypothetical in the OP's question.

You must be fun at parties.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Keep in mind that football is a team sport. Thus, Brees may have more playoff wins, yet it doesn't automatically= " Better".

In their prime, who would you rather have? Furthermore, who was better in your opinion?
"Better" at what? Analyzing football in front of a live audience?... Romo Warming the bench?... Romo Making a really bad team, a mediocre team thus cheating the team out of very good draft picks the following year?... Romo Anything to do with actually playing the game of football?... Brees

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coaching is often over rated. Belichick was just a great defensive guru who got lucky with greatest QB of this era.

Landry was a engineering genius on both sides of the ball taking 3 different QB’s to a NFL championship game or Super Bowl all with good enough teams to win but only 1 did.

The greatest elevate their games at the highest level on the biggest stages. And sometimes just lose to better teams.

Brees played beautifully last year and if not for the Miracle in Minneapolis goes to Philly which I would have picked them to win.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Good question. Romo may have won a ring with the saints. No one is winning a ring with the cowboys in my lifetime thsts for sure . But I feel like Bree’s was slightly the better talent bc he dealt with his height a touch better. Romo at times struggled with short intermediate routes. And would prefer to scramble. Which led to a few more stalled drives than the saints usually had imo

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo unfortunately only had two realistic shots in his shortened career. In 07 and 14. If he’d had more chances with greater teams it’s likely he could have broke thru. But we’ll never know which leaves his career less fulfilling.

He provided us a spark when we needed one but in one of the most dysfunctionally ran teams in NFL was left to carry and prop up average teams on the most part. Not his fault but when given his brief opportunities didn’t take enough advantage.

GenoT

Reaction score
TIME OUT!

For pete’s sake, guys...

It’s “Payton”, as in Sean Payton...not “Peyton”, as in Peyton Manning.

:facepalm:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Coaching is often over rated. Belichick was just a great defensive guru who got lucky with greatest QB of this era.

Landry was a engineering genius on both sides of the ball taking 3 different QB’s to a NFL championship game or Super Bowl all with good enough teams to win but only 1 did.

The greatest elevate their games at the highest level on the biggest stages. And sometimes just lose to better teams.

Brees played beautifully last year and if not for the Miracle in Minneapolis goes to Philly which I would have picked them to win.

:D careful, you starting to sound like Jerry and his comment about any coach being able to take the cowboys to a superbowl that resulted in the Jimmy Split.