Romo or Wilson

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I don't watch much Seattle football. So I have always thought Wilson was all hype and not much substance.

But after watching this game, on the biggest stage, Wilson has shown me he is not just hype. He can make plays with his feet, which we all knew. But he also makes plays with his arm. He's out dueling Peyton. He elevates his team to another level with his play and leadership, something romo has never accomplished, at least not to the degree Wilson has. He's playing better than I've ever seen romo play.

This is not meant to be a slap in the face to tony. He helped make this franchise relevant again and I appreciate him for doing so.

You can make the argument that Wilson has a better team "and it's a team game yada yada".. And then there will be the guys that bring up stats. "Tony threw for more yards and TD's".... Well let me tell you something, STATS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO EVALUATING PLAYERS TALENT.

I'm watching Wilson make plays that Romo could not make. And I don't mean that as a shot towards romo. The broncos get pressure on Wilson and Wilson escapes it and finds receivers open or takes off for 20 yard gain. I believe if it werent for Wilson, the Seahawks would not be playing in the Super Bowl. But who knows? You have to have a good qb play to win.

But my real question to you guys is: Romo in his prime or Wilson? Who would you take?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo is better but we're comparing a 2nd year player to a guy in the prime of his career.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Wilson is good but make no mistake, that defense won that game hands down. Peyton had pressure in his face all game long and tight coverage too. If not for that pressure, Peyton makes a lot of those difference making throws. So that should give us, reinforce our beliefs as to where we need to improve.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
another hate on Romo thread. Wow what a surprise

No, I'm not hating on romo so plz don't get me wrong. I was just surprised by Wilson's play and I'm askin the board a simple question. Romo in his prime vs Wilson?? Do you care to answer? I was not trying to be confrontational or condescending

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
if our defense would have played like that...we would have beat the broncos by a larger margin than the seahawks did....

burmafrd

Reaction score
No, I'm not hating on romo so plz don't get me wrong. I was just surprised by Wilson's play and I'm askin the board a simple question. Romo in his prime vs Wilson?? Do you care to answer? I was not trying to be confrontational or condescending

oh bs. You knew exactly what you wanted and you got it. You are fooling NO ONE.

cej757

Reaction score
Romo had to go to the School of Parcells until he was 26. Russell Wilson is like 25 and already a Sb Champ. Plus Russell doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Romo has had over the years.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

His play today was what he has been. A decent-good QB who puts up pedestrian numbers on a team with an amazing defense. The flip side is Romo, a great QB who has to put up monster numbers to keep the team from being blown out by halftime.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

Cool story.

DallasJ7

Reaction score
Well it's not like the stats say Wilson is a mediocre bus driver QB anyway. He ranked 7th in passer rating this year (right ahead of Romo) and 5th in yards/attempt. And he did it with a mediocre at best receiving corps sans Percy Harvin.

I'd like to see more than two seasons from Wilson before I'd say he's definitely better than Romo, but if I had to pick right now, yeah I'd take Wilson over Romo.