Romo or Wilson

kevm3

Reaction score
a bus driver that made it to and won the superbowl as well as beating the cowboys as a rookie. give him dez, witten, williams, and harris to play with and he'll be looking a lot better.
but he has something Romo has never had... a defense and receivers who don't give up on routes and an offensive line.

what great receivers does seattle have that compares to dez? or what TE threat do they have that compares to witten?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wilson played a good game, he made some fantastic throws and didn't make any crucial mistakes. I'll give him his props. But, make no mistake, the defense won that game, not Wilson.

Romo is a better QB, not in age, but in stats and experience. Sure, Romo makes some bone-headed decisions because he has to carry the team(added mental pressure) and Wilson does not have to gamble, it is simple as that.

Take 70% of the pressure off of Romo's back and he can lead a team like Seattle to multiple SB's, as can many other QB's. Put Wilson on Dallas and we would be lucky to win 5 games, lucky.

It is going to be a sad, few(many) years when Romo retires and we have to find the next guy, it is not easy and Tony will be missed, much like D. White, but fortunately, Aikman came along quickly and we forgot about Danny. Imagine if Troy wasn't the answer, we would have been longing for White to be here.

Sometimes I wish Tony never set foot in Dallas, his legacy would totally be different. I guess if we go by single playoff(SB) games, then P.Manning sucks too, he choked :rolleyes:

In ending, there are 20+ QB's playing today that would have won this game also, Wilson is not the second coming of Joe Montana but he is not Trent Dilfer either. He has a bright future ahead but lets pull back on the reigns a bit.

This is a team game, not one man(QB) can overcome good and complete teams...................see P. Manning!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Romo is better but we're comparing a 2nd year player to a guy in the prime of his career.

Dude Russell won a sb and made plays. They also said he finish the season with a 110+ passer rating for the season. Russell made some heck of some plays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This thread is a joke.

Kevin Kolb could have won tonight with the defense Seattle put out there.

I think you meant to say Mark Sanchez or some other weak arse QB. And you would still be right.
Kolb is good though, so that didn't quite match...imo.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with Romo, but he's easily the better QB at this point.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is twice the QB. You just have to understand the game to know it.

Anybody who believe Wilson could come to Dallas and win anything is the real person to laugh at.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wilson joins Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger as QBs to win Super Bowls in their 2nd season. Pretty good company, six championships combined and 11 Super Bowl appearances total. He's on the right track to stardom

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Wilson. I love the kid, loved him in college, I did worry that he would be too small at this level but he's proven that wrong.

Now all that said I'm a huge Romo fan as well. I think Romo, all around as a QB, is a better QB but I'd take Wilson over Romo right now for the team simply because of the huge age difference. Wilson is a damn good QB, as far as I'm concerned, and being only 25 there is just too much upside not to take him over Romo at this point.

But that has nothing to do with the talent or ability of Romo.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So was Romo during the 2006 playoffs...but what did he do???

Romo had that type of running game and defense in 2006? Hmmm...interesting. I must have slept through the part of the Cowboys last 20 years when they had a defense that was even remotely as good as Seattle's.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't watch much Seattle football. So I have always thought Wilson was all hype and not much substance.

But after watching this game, on the biggest stage, Wilson has shown me he is not just hype. He can make plays with his feet, which we all knew. But he also makes plays with his arm. He's out dueling Peyton. He elevates his team to another level with his play and leadership, something romo has never accomplished, at least not to the degree Wilson has. He's playing better than I've ever seen romo play.

This is not meant to be a slap in the face to tony. He helped make this franchise relevant again and I appreciate him for doing so.

You can make the argument that Wilson has a better team "and it's a team game yada yada".. And then there will be the guys that bring up stats. "Tony threw for more yards and TD's".... Well let me tell you something, STATS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO EVALUATING PLAYERS TALENT.

I'm watching Wilson make plays that Romo could not make. And I don't mean that as a shot towards romo. The broncos get pressure on Wilson and Wilson escapes it and finds receivers open or takes off for 20 yard gain. I believe if it werent for Wilson, the Seahawks would not be playing in the Super Bowl. But who knows? You have to have a good qb play to win.

But my real question to you guys is: Romo in his prime or Wilson? Who would you take?

The question is not who is better or who would you rather have... The question is... Who do you trust?

Answer: Wilson

coogrfan

Reaction score
Room better QB, doesn't elevate players around him; like Carmelo Anthony; Wilson may be a better leader for his team. Overall Romo would probably be my choice if I didn't know better, Wilson doesn't make or hasn't made game losing mistakes.

Might that be because Seattle, unlike our beloved Boys, doesn't need to place their QB in a position to lose games?

The 2013 Hawks held 16 of 19 opponents to 20 pts or less, 7 of 19 to single digits. Not coincidentally, the Hawks were 31st in the league in pass attempts.

We, otoh, held only 4 of our opponents under 20 pts all season; 7 of our opponents scored 30+. As a result we threw the ball a lot (13th, tied w/Pitts).

slomoxn

Reaction score
Might that be because Seattle, unlike our beloved Boys, doesn't need to place their QB in a position to lose games?

The 2013 Hawks held 16 of 19 opponents to 20 pts or less, 7 of 19 to single digits. Not coincidentally, the Hawks were 31st in the league in pass attempts.

We, otoh, held only 4 of our opponents under 20 pts all season; 7 of our opponents scored 30+. As a result we threw the ball a lot (13th, tied w/Pitts).

That is right that Seattle doesn't put Wilson in that position unless necessary; in the case of Romo they keep saying he has autonomy to change plays at the line so he is causing his own demise in some of those situations. Detroit constantly rears it's ugly head in this situation, it doesn't mean Wilson is an overall better QB it may be that he knows his limitations or doesn't really feel throwing 40 times a game even when not necessary is his forte. He still has plenty of time to develop good or bad though.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Romo had that type of running game and defense in 2006? Hmmm...interesting. I must have slept through the part of the Cowboys last 20 years when they had a defense that was even remotely as good as Seattle's.

It isnt about having an elite team to win but more of taking advantage of your chances. Romo took his chance that year and botch it, the year after he took that chance at went to Cancun.