Romo or Wilson

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously.... Wilson is not a stain on P. MANNINGS skivvies. But it makes difference because Seattle defense won the game.

It is so hard to be a fan of this team with the front office and coaches but it only makes it worse with some of these seriously silly threads.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't watch much Seattle football. So I have always thought Wilson was all hype and not much substance.

But after watching this game, on the biggest stage, Wilson has shown me he is not just hype. He can make plays with his feet, which we all knew. But he also makes plays with his arm. He's out dueling Peyton. He elevates his team to another level with his play and leadership, something romo has never accomplished, at least not to the degree Wilson has. He's playing better than I've ever seen romo play.

This is not meant to be a slap in the face to tony. He helped make this franchise relevant again and I appreciate him for doing so.

You can make the argument that Wilson has a better team "and it's a team game yada yada".. And then there will be the guys that bring up stats. "Tony threw for more yards and TD's".... Well let me tell you something, STATS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO EVALUATING PLAYERS TALENT.

I'm watching Wilson make plays that Romo could not make. And I don't mean that as a shot towards romo. The broncos get pressure on Wilson and Wilson escapes it and finds receivers open or takes off for 20 yard gain. I believe if it werent for Wilson, the Seahawks would not be playing in the Super Bowl. But who knows? You have to have a good qb play to win.

But my real question to you guys is: Romo in his prime or Wilson? Who would you take?
The biggest thing is, the 2nd year kid is not rattled by the spot light, and he just doesn't make mistakes very often. And sometimes, it's not what you do, but what you don't do. And remember, this is a young kid still learning the position. In 4 or 5 years when he knows what he's doing, who knows what he can be. I choose not to enter the Romo vs this or that QB, because everyone knows I don't like Romo.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Room better QB, doesn't elevate players around him; like Carmelo Anthony; Wilson may be a better leader for his team. Overall Romo would probably be my choice if I didn't know better, Wilson doesn't make or hasn't made game losing mistakes.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Was surprised to see mentioned in the game that Russell Wilson is one of exactly 3 QBs in NFL history to throw for more than 50+ TDs in his first two seasons in the NFL.

The other two? Dan Marino and Peyton Manning.

IMHO, Wilson is more than a bus driver. I don't know how good he'll eventually be -- but he is no game-manager.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The biggest thing is, the 2nd year kid is not rattled by the spot light, and he just doesn't make mistakes very often. And sometimes, it's not what you do, but what you don't do. And remember, this is a young kid still learning the position. In 4 or 5 years when he knows what he's doing, who knows what he can be. I choose not to enter the Romo vs this or that QB, because everyone knows I don't like Romo.
His poise is impressive. To be fair though, it's easy to stay calm when you know the slightest mistake won't cost your team the game and your D will keep you in it pretty much no matter what.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I'd honestly have to see another couple years of Wilson (or see him on a team with crap defense) before I could pull the trigger as my franchise QB. I've watched most of the Seattle games this year, there are times when he looks incredibly uncomfortable in the pocket and that scares me. He definitely has huge upside though. Seattle's defense just put up one of the best display's I've ever seen, I'd definitely put them up in the conversation of one of if not the best defense of any single year, that performance was absolutely breathtaking.

As for weapons, a legendary defense and a solid ground game are stronger weapons than any receivers Romo has ever had.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Was surprised to see mentioned in the game that Russell Wilson is one of exactly 3 QBs in NFL history to throw for more than 50+ TDs in his first two seasons in the NFL.

The other two? Dan Marino and Peyton Manning.

IMHO, Wilson is more than a bus driver. I don't know how good he'll eventually be -- but he is no game-manager.

He is definitely more than a bus driver.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Romo or Joe Namath's fur coat? Which would you take??

gbrittain

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how someone can watch that game and come up with that question. Might as well ask Hauschka or Bailey.

JS22

Reaction score
This thread is a joke.

Kevin Kolb could have won tonight with the defense Seattle put out there.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Romo had to go to the School of Parcells until he was 26. Russell Wilson is like 25 and already a Sb Champ. Plus Russell doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Romo has had over the years.

but he has something Romo has never had... a defense and receivers who don't give up on routes and an offensive line.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wilson is special. He has the skillset to become another Aaron Rodgers. It's silly to write off a QB's career in their SECOND YEAR because they're not throwing for 400 yards and 3 TDs every game. Were we supposed to say the same about Tom Brady after 2001 and Big Ben after 2006?

Wilson is a smart guy and student of the game, plus he is around an organization that will help him get to where he needs to go. I have no reason to believe he can't be a great QB one day

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo is better but we're comparing a 2nd year player to a guy in the prime of his career.

Yep. But Seattle is handling Wilson like we should have handled Romo. Bill Parcells tried to do that, but Jerry Jones went and ruined it. :sad:

burmafrd

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I simply stated my opinion and asked the boards opinion on the topic. I thought this was a message board where us fans could have friendly debate. Geez it's the offseason, what else is there to talk about? If you don't agree with my opinion that's fine. But there's no reason to act like a keyboard hard as$.

once again BS. You got what you wanted- another hate on Romo thread.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wilson is special. He has the skillset to become another Aaron Rodgers. It's silly to write off a QB's career in their SECOND YEAR because they're not throwing for 400 yards and 3 TDs every game. Were we supposed to say the same about Tom Brady after 2001 and Big Ben after 2006?

Wilson is a smart guy and student of the game, plus he is around an organization that will help him get to where he needs to go. I have no reason to believe he can't be a great QB one day

Skillset to become another Aaron Rodgers....
Hehe that's comical.....
Hes a bus driver with a wonderful cast around him.