Romo out for the season *merge*

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
First I'll say this is exactly why they signed Orton as a back up. To come in for situations like this. I believe the guy is a pretty good QB. Obviously he's nothing flashy or exciting but he's solid and he's the kind of guy you want to bring in if your franchise QB goes down.

That said this is going to be extremely difficult on Orton. The Eagles were going to come in pretty fired up anyway and now they're going to smell blood in the water. The O-Line has been much improved but we've all seen Romo improvising and extending plays with his ability to move around, something Orton isn't nearly as good at.

With those facts the Eagles are going to know that we need to run the ball a whole lot more and they're going to gameplan for just that. Now maybe we can get in there and trick them by passing more and more but outside of that I'm quite worried they're going to load up and kill the running game.

I'd think the defense will have to be leaned on here and that's not at all a good thing, especially with Lee out for good. This is not a good thing at all for Dallas.

On top of all this and what it means to the game itself it also means that very likely Jerry has been gift wrapped the excuse he needed to keep Garrett and company around after the loss. He'll be able to say it's not fair to say that the Cowboys couldn't have gotten in with Romo and he'll have all the reason he needs to keep things just the way they are going forward.

I hate this for Tony. I know some people are once again trying to trash the guy and act like he hasn't played well but the guy has played damned good this season, once again, and yesterday with a bad back he picked that team up and carried it for the come from behind victory. I don't know where anyone gets this idea that he hasn't played well this year. He's played a damn fine season, especially given the play calling and all the injuries that have decimated a defense that already wasn't all that great to begin with.

This sucks. Completely sucks.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
My guess is he's out and Kyle will be practicing all week with first team. If reports are accurate that its a hernia, he's not playing.

This sux! Not because I have no faith in Orton, but I felt this was Romo's time to shut people up.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Lol romo played 11 minutes and brought the team back down 9 in those 11 minutes while running all around for his life.

We've seen this before. He is tough as nails and I expect romo to be out there

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
From what Garrett has said, Dallas is going to sign a QB this week...wonder who?

coult44

Reaction score
All the haters are going to see why he's special. Orton won't get it done.

That's crap, all this does is give JJ and Red an excuse. Great scapegoat, and a punk, soft, and cowardly way out for all of them!!!!!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Not a doctor by any means and not sure about length of injuries but if it is a herniated disc how bad of an injury is that? Will this make Jerry draft a QB sometime in this upcoming draft?

Lodeus

Reaction score
Just got home to hear this.... damn :(

Seeing different things out there. What's the truth about his injury?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see how a herniated disc goes from barely able to move to running around to make the winning play within minutes...we'll see I guess.

All I know is if Tony feels he can go he will go. For all the crap he takes the man is no wimp if he can go he will.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
This must have been all season nearly he has dealt with it, looked like he had no core strength either in moving or throwing. The fact he played as well as he did and we won 8 games with this defense is pretty much a miracle.