Romo, Romo, Romo! **merged**

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
If you betas got what you want and romo was the name starter and absolutely bombs (or gets injured) the game he plays then what?

You would all cry about the coaching staff and how it was stupid to start an aging quarterback with back problems who hasn't played in approximately 2 seasons.

Betas always win apparently.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Figures Cowboys fans would turn on their rookie QB the second he actually looked like a rookie. They turn on everyone at the first sign of hardship. Brady's 2001 Super Bowl run was littered with trash games like his 86 yard turd against the Dolphins and a 4 pick game against the Broncos. Hell, Aikman threw 36 picks over his first 2 seasons, how many of you pansies would have stuck with anyone through that?

Yes, let's bench a rookie starter after 1 bad road game, that can't have any negative consequences you absolute nimrods.

Most disloyal fanbase in football IMO.
The situations you are comparing are completely different :facepalm:

Which of those teams had a QB on the bench as good as Romo:huh:

What about last year? You know, when Denver benched Brock Osweiller when he was struggling, for a old broken down Peyton Manning? How did that turn out?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Nobody knows what kind of a Romo we are going to get. People want to ignore Tony's health but a good defense will just keep blitzing him until they take him out. He has to prove he can take it and that hasn't been the case in 2 years.

That is exactly right.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Do you think that benching Dak as soon as he has a bad couple of games would do well for him mentally or set him back?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Do you think that benching Dak as soon as he has a bad couple of games would do well for him mentally or set him back?

hard to say. it just destroys the confidence of some people but others, it lights a fire under them. Dak seems like the latter buuuuuuuuut do you want to take a chance? idk

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The situations you are comparing are completely different :facepalm:

Which of those teams had a QB on the bench as good as Romo:huh:

What about last year? You know, when Denver benched Brock Osweiller when he was struggling, for a old broken down Peyton Manning? How did that turn out?

The Patriots had Bledsoe who, like Romo, played in multiple Pro Bowls and, unlike Romo, played in a Super Bowl. He also came in during the second half of their AFC title game win over the Steelers before Brady returned in the SB. So their situation with a young Brady was actually quite similar to the Cowboys now.

As for the Broncos, their defense won the SB last year in spite of Manning. He was awful in that game, and nothing special the other playoff games. They had the best defense in the League.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well I know for a fact that what we have seen from Dak the last 2 weeks will definitely not get us there. Romo is better than that on his terrible days and he does not have many contrary to the rhetoric we see. I will take his game against Green Bay in the playoffs in 2014 any time and if our TEAM performs, we will win.

Unfortunately, it's 2016. Romo has hardly played since 2014, including preseason, and he's 36 years old coming off yet another injury. To expect him to pick up where he left off may not be realistic.

The coaches see him every day and so far they haven't seen fit to play him. Until they do, people here are speculating based off old information.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Who cares? If he's weak mentally, I want to know that.

True but I just think that if Dak's going to be the future then there will eventually be a time where he have to stick with him, even if he has a stretch of bad games.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Dak has truly done amazing things for this team absolutely no one expected him to do and I do think he has a great future in Dallas. Every QB has bad games and I don't think that means he's doomed to flop... there have been several top tier QBs this week alone that have struggled. It's part of the game.

However on that last drive when we needed to get in FG range, boy I was wishing we could give Tony a shot there. I just knew the way Dak was playing it wasn't going to happen. I know it sounds crazy but I wish it wasn't looked as a "benching" situation if we utilized BOTH quarterbacks. It's interesting because it's ok for every other position played, but not QB. Plus it would really throw other defenses for a loop having to plan for both guys. I know that's not going to happen though due to the spotlight on the whole ordeal. Shame because I think if we used him there we would have won the game.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Just kidding........or am I? What say you?
Romo, the savior, yes bring him back and lead us into the promise land. He is the ONLY way we see the Super Bowl this year. But the Coaching Staff has already written this season off and will keep Dak throwing interceptions, not seeing open receivers, taking sacks, and what ever that will keep us out of the Super Bowl. Now next year I want to see Dak look like Tony Romo of three years ago and with a few more weapons go to the Super Bowl.

Shuff

Reaction score
Romo most likely comes in and wins last nights game, but still not a reason to bench Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's not about Dak, it's about the team. Have they been winning solely because of Dak? I agree, keep riding him, but what if it continues going south?

And it's not about Romo's last hurrah either. The Cowboys aren't just trying to win this year, even though they are. They're trying to win this year, and the year after, and the year after.

Romo isn't the Cowboys future. Dak is.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And it's not about Romo's last hurrah either. The Cowboys aren't just trying to win this year, even though they are. They're trying to win this year, and the year after, and the year after.

Romo isn't the Cowboys future. Dak is.

IF (and it is still a big if), that is true, then playing Romo now won't change that.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

I dunno -- do you think replacing Romo because of injury will do well for Romo mentally or set him back? Oh, that's right -- Romo can handle it. But we've got to be careful of Dak's fragile psyche. This is getting awesomer and awesomer.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I dunno -- do you think replacing Romo because of injury will do well for Romo mentally or set him back? Oh, that's right -- Romo can handle it. But we've got to be careful of Dak's fragile psyche. This is getting awesomer and awesomer.
Romo's a veteran. Dak's a rookie. That's the difference. The future of the Cowboys are at stake and Tony is not part of the future.

csirl

Reaction score
There was an article on NFL.com in recent days which essentially said that if Dak was rested after HFA secured it would be Sanchez, not Romo, who would replace him. Romo would be saved in case he's needed in the playoffs.

This is a PR mans way of saying Romo isn't able to play right now.