Romo, Romo, Romo! **merged**

WeaponX

Reaction score
I think Dak gets the first half (maybe the whole game) of TB and if he's not sharp, we have to see what Romo can bring at this point. Either way, just like when we committed to the "hot hand", we have to make a decision and quickly. Regardless of weather/field conditions, Dak has seriously regressed over the last few weeks and it'd be really hard to argue otherwise. The thing is, if we are throwing Romo back out there, we need to get the rust off and get him ready for the post-season, and we're running out of regular season games to do so as it'll take more than a series or two to do so.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'd play Romo. But give him the whole week. No halftime benching.

Dak has been amazing but the reality is that he needs to learn still.

I want to win it all and there is no way we stand a chance with that kind of play

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The rumbles have begun as we knew they would if we lost and Dak struggled.

Another loss toTampa will ignite a full blown controversy.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'd play Romo. But give him the whole week. No halftime benching.

Dak has been amazing but the reality is that he needs to learn still.

I want to win it all and there is no way we stand a chance with that kind of play

Exactly. If you make that change, you give Romo the best opportunity to succeed and that's with a full week of work. Let Dak deal with Tampa and see what happens. After that? Evaluate and make a decision.

Animosity

Reaction score
Jason Garret isnt even thinking about Romo. You rally around your QB that got you to where you are. I cant count how many times people have done the same with Romo when he was throwing season ending interceptions for the past 10 years.

kramskoi

Reaction score
It's a legitimate question. Do you start Romo next week?

I wouldn't, and I love Romo.
No...you don't bench him next week...but what happens if he crashes against a surging Bucs defense that has a better defensive passer rating over the last three weeks than the team who just limited the Cowboys to seven points? Lose next week and you have just put yourself in a position where you have to go on the road the final week of the season with possibly the division hanging on the outcome. I would say that anything worse than 2-1 over the next three doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jason Garret isnt even thinking about Romo. You rally around your QB that got you to where you are. I cant count how many times people have done the same with Romo when he was throwing season ending interceptions for the past 10 years.

Watching that display last night, you better believe he is thinking about Romo.

Animosity

Reaction score
Watching that display last night, you better believe he is thinking about Romo.

but we know what romo is capable of doing. it isnt good enough and no amount of time is going to change that. Jason Garret knows this. If he didnt, Romo would have started the moment he was healthy.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I would not start Romo next week but if the team strings together a couple of more of these poor offensive outings I would get him ready.
My friend...a couple more outings? Lose the next two and then you might be fighting for the #5 or #6 seed on the road against the Eagles in week 17...and if the Eagles have nothing else, it is a good defense, especially at home. They gave Prescott fits the first time around. Dallas' best chance to reach a Superbowl is having home field throughout. I don't think you start Romo next week but the next two weeks are crucial to chances of a first round bye and possible home field throughout, which is a much a better proposition than the 5 or 6 seed.

dfense

Reaction score
This is a total team friendly scenario. Cowboys are sitting pretty with a two game lead in the division. Dak has played below expectations the last few games. It may very well be the dreaded rookie wall. He's only thrown 3 TD's in the last 3 games and not surpassed 200 yds in any of them.

If this continues into the Tampa game, I think it's time to have him sit and watch a little. It's Tony time.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo with this run game could be killer, Romo has seen all of these defenses before, while he has slowed down physically his mind and release are still lightning quick. The threat of Romo's downfield passing game and play action will only soften defenses up further for the Feed Me monster Zeke.

That's become my thought process as well. These teams are sending all-out blitzes on a regular basis because they don't feel Dak is capable of burning them. And they've been right for the last few weeks.

Dak has saw the blitz coming and hit a hot read a couple times, but he has been so antsy in the pocket. It's ugly.

Romo wouldn't be perfect, but with his knowledge of the game, I think he could back those defenses out of pressuring like that. Unless they're wanting to get burned time after time.

Dak has been really good this year. 100000X above expectations. But things are finally catching up to the rookie. Winning or not, he has really stuggled the last three weeks.

Let's see what #9 still has!!!!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's incredible. I remember complaining about those interceptions and was told they were everybody's fault but Romo's. lol

kramskoi

Reaction score
but we know what romo is capable of doing. it isnt good enough and no amount of time is going to change that. Jason Garret knows this. If he didnt, Romo would have started the moment he was healthy.
This is bull...Romo led the league in passer rating in 2014. This was about riding the hot hand and keeping the momentum. An in-form Romo beats the Giants last night. He has never engineered less than 14 points against them even when they had little to play for or offensive line issues. Matt Cassel put up 20 last year...with a less potent running game than Prescott currently has.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One bad game? Did u see Dak vs Minnesota?
In all honesty, the offense has become more and more inconsistent for the last month. We found ways to win, but the offense has underperformed for a while

ufcrules1

Reaction score

Bingo. Also, this is an older more fragile Romo as well. We won 2 playoff games in a DECADE with him for a reason. Dak is going to be just fine... we have had 2 back to back tough games against really solid defenses with their backs up against the wall. Also, they play calling has to get better to give those guys a better shot out there.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Figures Cowboys fans would turn on their rookie QB the second he actually looked like a rookie. They turn on everyone at the first sign of hardship. Brady's 2001 Super Bowl run was littered with trash games like his 86 yard turd against the Dolphins and a 4 pick game against the Broncos. Hell, Aikman threw 36 picks over his first 2 seasons, how many of you pansies would have stuck with anyone through that?

Yes, let's bench a rookie starter after 1 bad road game, that can't have any negative consequences you absolute nimrods.

Most disloyal fanbase in football IMO.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Matt Cassel put up 20 last year...with a less potent running game than Prescott currently has.

Yea, but this year is different than last year. Teams change from year to year. The Giants got much better on defense if you didn't notice.