Romo scramble, amazing T Will catch

Lodeus

Reaction score
Escobar sighting

ClosedWhichBunting.gif

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Not to be Debbie Downer, because the play was absolutely amazing by Romo/Williams, but is anyone else worried that Tyron's gonna get Romo killed if he keeps getting beat off the edge?

Derinyar

Reaction score
No doubt Dez made a really really tough catch. But I look at it this way. T Will is notorious for body catching balls and yet, he makes a fantastic grab with his HANDS. On top of that, he somehow drags his toes on the turf while making that difficult catch. It's close but I'm going with T-Will!

To me the difference is you see a catch like Williams on the highlights more weeks then not. You very rarely see a catch like Dez's. Both are great catches, but catching a ball while someone is draped all over you and actively knocking the ball away is, to me, harder then making sure to dot the I.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know Witten like to improvise, but he brought his man way deep there

DFWJC

Reaction score
Unlike last year players are making plays when we need them late in the game.

Amazing play by Romo and Williams.
True about this year.

But last year they had three late 4th qtr game-winning drives as well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That was incredible effort by the Seattle rusher too.
Check how may times he almost had Tony. atleast three. That man would not give up.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
But Williams doesn't know how to catch the ball without his body.;)

spook930

Reaction score
Because it's difficult to change directions when you're in a fall-out sprint.
Some players (like Romo) just have a knack to know when to step away or spin away from a charging defender.
And it generally works every time, if you know when to avoid the rusher.

Yeah I get that, but knowing he likes to attemp that spin you would think they would pump the brakes a lil to avoid whiffing.

Zman5

Reaction score
What's amazing about Romo is, not only he can avoid the rush but keeps his eyes down field as he is doing it. Many can avoid the rush but Romo is the one of the few who can avoid and keep his eyes down the field continuously as he is doing it.

The way he keeps track of his receivers as he is dodging people left and right is just amazing.

Reactions: BAT

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
On NBC there was some discussion that the pass might have been intended for Witten, but Romo was obviously looking over the middle at T-Will and directing him toward the sideline.

Witten was heads up to know it wasn't for him.
Yep, Witten could easily have messed that play up if he did not have the sense to let up.

Noryb

Reaction score
Not to be Debbie Downer, because the play was absolutely amazing by Romo/Williams, but is anyone else worried that Tyron's gonna get Romo killed if he keeps getting beat off the edge?

Watch the entire play, the RB should chip the DE but instead all he does is chip Smith. I'm not sure what the RB was doing on that play.

loublue22

Reaction score
don't see a thread for him on the front page

as well as we played, without his incredible catch we likely lose and everyone would be very frustrated

Was it better than Dez's catch last week?