Romo speaks to the media **merged**

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I do wonder if this is what he wanted to do, or if he was asked to do it.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.

ringmaster

Reaction score
@waldoputty respectfully, bro, this is a thread for Tony. Not for your opinion or agenda. Make a thread if you wish, but please, let Tony have this one. Respectfully.
Yes I noticed that @waldoputty was giving Tony backhanded compliments cool if he's not a fan of Tony this is not the time to spew this agenda driven garbage it took a lot of courage for him to stand up there and pass the torch sort to speak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a simply an invalid comparison. Green Bay isn't the team it once was and the Steelers still had Dick Lebeau, one of the greatest defensive coordinators of the game.

They were 3-1 when we played them and we've had trouble at Lambeau throughout our history plus they have one of the best QBs in the league who's won a championship. Stop trying to cheapen the win because you and no one else would be doing it if Romo had been the QB. Despite the Steelers record and not having Lebeau they're still a tough opponent especially at home. They desperately needed that game last week and it was a battle and Dak came through.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings right now. It's awesome to be 8-1. It's awesome to have Dak Prescott as our QB of the future.

But I still want to see Romo throw touchdown passes for the Cowboys. A big part of me is upset the Romo era is basically over. You can't have it all, so all Romo fans can do is applaud how he's handling this situation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

concussed etc.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Who's mad? I said it irks me that this wouldn't have happened if an analogous situation happened to Brady. I don't care if he's been to so many Super Bowls. He also has arguably the greatest coach ever in the game coaching for him too. It would be equivalent to Dan Marino losing his job to a rookie too. And it's like you ignored everything I said about it being a team game by blaming Romo for two playoff wins and two week seventeen losses. Sorry, that's just contrived data. It's like giving all the credit to Dak for being 8-1 right now. It doesn't work for anybody who has a semblance of football knowledge.

It's just a little disrespectful as an organization to do this to a player like Tony.

It's not hard to understand Brady has 4 Super Bowls why would he lose his job to a rookie? Romo doesn't have that resume at all it's a stupid comparison. See you say it's a team game when Super Bowl wins are mentioned but then you act like Romo is such an all time great how can an organization do this to him, it's because of his resume he hasn't won big and that matters it always has always will. Romo will go down as a very good QB but not an all time great because he couldn't win the games that matter. How many HOF QBs never went to a Championship game?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Which teams were those? The 06 team was the only team that looked like it had no business being there. The 07 team was the #1 seed and was 13-3. That team beat the eventual SB champs twice that season. He had an 11-5 team that went to the playoffs and a 12-4 team that went so don't post this crap that he took teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Romo also made several men rich that didn't even belong in the NFL

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the time the Cowboys finally have a team to put around Romo to win it all, his body broke down from all those years getting crushed on bad teams he made relevant by himself.

Tony Romo is a warrior. I hope all Cowboys fans realize what he's sacrificed, physically and mentally, for this franchise. In my mind, he's a champion.
:laugh:Make that some fans. The world has always been made up of different mentalities that are too many to count. To some people, athletes are pieces of meat. Out with the old. In with the new. Some people didn't like Romo. Expecting the same people to suddenly have an epiphany is totally unrealistic in my opinion.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I just saw his speech on Dallascowboys.com. It was emotional to say the least, and it's not something he really wants to do and I understand. What happens from this day forward will determine not only what happens to the Cowboys, but what happens to Romo in the near future. Dak is sort of in a no win situation with Romo fans unless he wins the Super Bowl.

I guess it's the equivalent of seeing Johnson and Jones firing Landry, and letting all the vets go. You hate to see the end of an era but this is the life of football, and one day, Dak will be up there handing over the torch/traded, cut or retire.
Yep. I was sad when Roger, Danny and Troy retired. It's just something that is going to happen. Players change but the fans remain.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't want to see Romo wearing any other teams Jersey next year.

Im not sure he can put the fire of competition out so he must either believe he will start again for us or he will end up in Denver or somewhere next year that is a QB away from a superbowl.

My favorite cowboy ever. It would make a superbowl bitter sweet if he has to watch from the sidelines.

I think we have to trade him if Dak doesn't come back to earth. It wouldn't be fair to Romo to make him complete his career on the bench while he feels he can still play and it wouldn't be good for our salary cap to be paying as much as we are for him to be a backup.

The question will be how much a team is willing to pay for a 36-year-old quarterback. I've got to believe, though, with the Vikings willing to give up a first for Bradford that someone would be willing to give up that much for a much better QB.

JS22

Reaction score
This sucks, I like Dak, but Tony gave his body for the Cowboys.

Did this really need to be announced? Why not just keep it internal?
Have a team meeting... Give the boys more flexibility?

I mean now it's just out there, and give's Dak that much more pressure.
Seems' like this is important information... just amateurish strategy if any at all.

If you keep it internal then it's 24/7 media speculation which is much, much worse.