Romo speaks to the media **merged**

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We've been fortunate as a fan base to have some class acts at quarterback in Staubach, Aikman and Romo. Character is part of what has made them great.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.
He didn't have to take squat. People wanting commentary can quiz the head coach or general manager. In my opinion, Romo went far and beyond anything remotely necessary.

And if Garrett does field any questions related to Romo's statement, I hope he does his usual routine and not say much of anything. My motto? Screw the nonsense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
:laugh:Make that some fans. The world has always been made up of different mentalities that are too many to count. To some people, athletes are pieces of meat. Out with the old. In with the new. Some people didn't like Romo. Expecting the same people to suddenly have an epiphany is totally unrealistic in my opinion.

You're right. But they can at least acknowledge what he's done. Hopefully that's not too much to ask, but, well, you know....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I told you guys. You can't say you weren't warned.

Romo helped him and Rayne's response to that kindness was to take the man's job. This is the character of your new QB.

I'll still root for the team (Go Cowboys!) but sacks given up won't be nearly as hard to take now.
LOL so your blaming dak ??:huh:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This made me a little sad to see him bow out like that. I know he still feels like he can play, but he's one hit away from retirement and more rehab. I don't know if he wants that for himself or his family. I remember my last day playing football, I was 27. I was going out for a pass, I decided to fake left, then make a hard right, and my knee was gone.

That was my last time playing football. I still played basketball a little, but for the next 10 years I kept reinjuring the knee. So now I don't play any sports. I wish my knee never went out on me because I was a sports junkie. I still have problems with my knee, so I know how Romo feels.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Romo will be wearing a different uniform next season. We need to start coming to grips with that realization.

I, personally, have not yet, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's not hard to understand Brady has 4 Super Bowls why would he lose his job to a rookie? Romo doesn't have that resume at all it's a stupid comparison. See you say it's a team game when Super Bowl wins are mentioned but then you act like Romo is such an all time great how can an organization do this to him, it's because of his resume he hasn't won big and that matters it always has always will.
Wow. It's like you're a broken record. I tell you it's a team game, where coaching and talent at all the other positions matter, this applies to the Pats and the Cowboys, and you just keep saying it's all Brady for the SBs and it's all Romo's fault for the lack of SBs. Out of the ten years that Romo has been the starting QB for the Cowboys, how many of those years do you think independent football analysts legitimately thought the Cowboys had a chance at winning the SB? I think only two of those years were possibilities: the 13-3 team from 2006 and the 12-4 team from 2014 where Romo had an MVP season. And even in the latter, most thought the defense wasn't a good enough SB defense. That's it. Whereas the Pats have been considered SB contenders almost every year for the past 15 years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right. But they can at least acknowledge what he's done. Hopefully that's not too much to ask, but, well, you know....
You'll hear and read acknowledgments but do yourself a favor and remember who are making the acknowledgments and what those same individuals have said or written in the past. Lies are as old as the world itself.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think Tony goes nowhere next year but if he does he will obviously pick a team close that has QB issues of their own by seasons end. I keep reading Jets. He won't touch that dumpster fire..though they have weapons

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Congrats to Tony for speaking out, he did the right thing, and he should consider retiring after the season.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Wow. It's like you're a broken record. I tell you it's a team game, where coaching and talent at all the other positions matter, this applies to the Pats and the Cowboys, and you just keep saying it's all Brady for the SBs and it's all Romo's fault for the lack of SBs. Out of the ten years that Romo has been the starting QB for the Cowboys, how many of those years do you think independent football analysts legitimately thought the Cowboys had a chance at winning the SB? I think only two were possibilities: the 13-3 team from 2006 and the 12-4 team from two years ago. And even in the latter, most thought the defense wasn't a good enough SB defense. That's it. Whereas the Pats have been considered SB contenders almost every year for the past 15 years.

Filled with excuses, your QB is done the future is here get over it. The Pats are a SB contender every year because of Tom Brady and he's had some horrible offensive lines and besides Moss for a year and Gronk not many good receivers. Excuses make no difference only wins matter and Romo doesn't have the resume. If we had Brady we would have been contenders a bunch of those years but for some reason you act like they're the same QB. I'll let you finish with your failed logic but Romo is not Brady period.

khiladi

Reaction score
And let's not forget that Dak has already won in arguably 2 of the tougher stadiums in football, GB and Pittsburgh, and went toe to toe with big ben in a shootout and he came out on top...

The Steelers have lost four in a row and have been a hot mess since Big Ben got injured and came back. They lost to
Miami and couldn't put up 20 against their last three teams before us.

And they also went 0-4 on two point conversions.

Green Bay has also lost 4 of their past 5 and they have been on deterioration mode since last year contrary to popular belief.

Stop exaggerating their greatness right now..