Romo vs Bledsoe

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Bledsoe is a known commodity. We know what he is. He will not get better. He will probably get worse. His best football is far behind him and his contract expires after this season I believe thankfully.

Romo is an unkown. He may or may not have it. But its been 4 years and we need to find out what we have.

I say play Romo here on out and unless he plays really well, I think we need to spend a high draft pick (maybe 1st) on a QB.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
DIAF;1110088 said:
Bledsoe - 7 of 12 and 111 yards and an INT before getting yanked - dallas down by 5

Romo - 3 INTs in ONE HALF, all of which lead to 17 points for the Giants. Dallas loses 36-15.

Yeah, Romo still looked better than Bledsoe.

Bledsoe 13 years in the league. Still making the same mind bending poor throws he made in the Super Bowl.

Romo 4 years in the league and a rally to give the Cowboys two TD's and someone who can step up in the pocket.

We know what Bledsoe gives us. Let's see Romo.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
DIAF;1110088 said:
Bledsoe - 7 of 12 and 111 yards and an INT before getting yanked - dallas down by 5

Romo - 3 INTs in ONE HALF, all of which lead to 17 points for the Giants. Dallas loses 36-15.

Yeah, Romo still looked better than Bledsoe.

I expected a few mistakes when he started it is called growing pains.

We also put a young QB in a bad poistion so be it he learns from it and we move forward to see if he can fix it with full pratice reps and not partial

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
peplaw06;1110107 said:
I'm sorry I'm just not ready to give up on this season yet. 3-3 is not the end of the season. And for this season to go anywhere... ie playoffs, Bledsoe has to be the starter.

In the immortal words of Jim Mora, PLAYOFFS!!! You are Talking about Playoffs!! You got to to be kidding me. Sure its nice to be optomist and a fan, yada yada, but you got to be realist at some point of time.

Bill Parcells for all his talk, has failed cowboys. This team is not a Playoff team. You can take one game disaster and think aberration. Not 2-3 game trend. Cowboys have failed miserably against all good teams they have faced, home or away.

Thats not even close to a playoff caliber team.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1110176 said:
In the immortal words of Jim Mora, PLAYOFFS!!! You are Talking about Playoffs!! You got to to be kidding me. Sure its nice to be optomist and a fan, yada yada, but you got to be realist at some point of time.

Bill Parcells for all his talk, has failed cowboys. This team is not a Playoff team. You can take one game disaster and think aberration. Not 2-3 game trend. Cowboys have failed miserably against all good teams they have faced, home or away.

:rolleyes:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Romo as he has the talent he just needs more experience. we gotta remember that he is basically a rookie, he will learn from today

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;1110038 said:
Romo... those interceptions he threw are correctable, tell me he didnt thread the needle at least 5 times and make many good passes.
Yeah, he is making mistakes after 1 quarter of playing in the NFL. Bledsoe is still making the same mistakes after years.

gbrittain

Reaction score
peplaw06;1110107 said:
I'm sorry I'm just not ready to give up on this season yet. 3-3 is not the end of the season. And for this season to go anywhere... ie playoffs, Bledsoe has to be the starter.

I will be honest right now playoffs should not even be in the vocabulary. I know what you are saying, but this team is clearly not ready for prime time.

I have knocked coaches and then I get people on the board telling me it is the players not executing.

Very well.

I knock players not executing and I am told the coaches are not doing their job.

Bottom line in my opinion is this team is clearly not a good team. Their defense is not great by any stretch.

Their offense is average and at the QB position we are hurting as there as possibly any other position. Not a good combo.

Right now...I do not know what to think really. The fan in me like you keeps thinking "best chance to win" and playoffs.

The realist in me says this team is an average team at best.

Route 66

Reaction score
I would call us lucky to be called a Wild Card team. The sky isnt falling necessarily, but we need big changes in order to utilize the talent we already have and put it to some decent, good use.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
peplaw06;1110107 said:

I'm not ready to concede the season either. But I just don't think Bledsoe at this point is a playoff QB. In fact some would argue that playing Bledsoe is "giving up" on the season.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1110176 said:

Well I figure we where a 9-7 or an 8-8 team with Bledsoe before the season. I still think we are a 9-7 8-8 team

Route 66

Reaction score
With our current record, we are headed to 8-8. Hopefully something good can happen and we can make a WildCard spot. We aren't doing all that well, however we have some other NFC East teams not doing well either and that can always help us.

kevsstang

Reaction score
Give the kid a week or two of practice with the starters and let him get the timing down. They need to find out if he is the QB of the future or we will be going through this same thing every year. By keeping Bledsoe in there solves nothing. Look to the future and see what we need, well we know we need Offensive Lineman and lots of them. Romo will do for now.

es22

Reaction score
peplaw06;1110107 said:

My thoughts exactly. You cant put in a rookie. Romo made some pretty serious mistakes (granted, he was trying to make plays) but his INT's were VERY preventable.

With Bledosoe, even though his INT was costly, we were still in the game.

DBoys

Reaction score
Romo is the guy because the Panthers pass rush is even better than Giants.

DipChit

Reaction score
Theres basically nothing Drew gives you that Romo doesnt. But there is things that Romo gives you that DB doesnt.. like mobility.

Bledsoe continues to make boneheaded throws himself. 3 out of the last 6 games now he's had more Int's than TD's. How anyone could think this would get you anywhere is beyond me.

With Romo we can watch to see him get bette with time. With DB it's just watching him get worse with time. Which makes viewing more enjoyable?

Route 66

Reaction score
kevsstang;1110251 said:
Give the kid a week or two of practice with the starters and let him get the timing down. They need to find out if he is the QB of the future or we will be going through this same thing every year. By keeping Bledsoe in there solves nothing. Look to the future and see what we need, well we know we need Offensive Lineman and lots of them. Romo will do for now.

Great post-I agree.

es22

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1110162 said:
I expected a few mistakes when he started it is called growing pains.

We also put a young QB in a bad poistion so be it he learns from it and we move forward to see if he can fix it with full pratice reps and not partial

If you want a shot at the playoffs, you need Bledsoe this year.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
we will only waste our season if bledslow continues to be the starter as he cant lead us to the playoffs, Romo maybe cant either but at least he has upside for the future