Romo vs Bledsoe

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Here are my positives for each player (we pretty much know the negatives)

Romo:
Evasiveness
*Not sure what to call this, but he did have a great string of passes*

Bledsoe:
Proven player (we know that we won't tank w/ him, i THINK)
Cannon of an arm

Route 66

Reaction score
Bledsoe and Romo need to sit down and settle this with a good one on one game of Madden.

Gaede

Reaction score
Romo. For his three stupid interceptions, he still made a lot of plays...the offense looked better with a QB who isn't sacked or almost sacked every third play.

With Romo, we don't know what we're gonna get. With Bledsoe, it's pretty clear --he'll play good against bad teams and bad against good teams. Simple as that. At least Romo gives us a chance to break that cycle

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;1110213 said:
I'm not ready to concede the season either. But I just don't think Bledsoe at this point is a playoff QB. In fact some would argue that playing Bledsoe is "giving up" on the season.

You could argue that, but IMO Bledsoe CLEARLY gives us a better chance to do that. It's not even an issue. This was a game against a D that wasn't even prepared for Romo. Now teams have game film on him. The book on him is going to be pressure him too, he will make stupid throws. At least for the next game, because that's what we saw tonight.

For a coach who preaches taking care of the ball and field position, Romo simply will not give us a chance in many games.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;1110213 said:
I'm not ready to concede the season either. But I just don't think Bledsoe at this point is a playoff QB. In fact some would argue that playing Bledsoe is "giving up" on the season.

You could argue that, but IMO Bledsoe CLEARLY gives us a better chance to do that. It's not even an issue. This was a game against a D that wasn't even prepared for Romo. Now teams have game film on him. The book on him is going to be pressure him too, he will make stupid throws. At least for the next game, because that's what we saw tonight.

For a coach who preaches taking care of the ball and field position, Romo simply will not give us a chance in many games IMO.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Witten came to life. Romo has a better feel for T.O.. Let's not forget the T.O. drop which stopped all our momentum. Romo is the man...

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Personally i cant wait till next to see Romo continue to develop, he showed a lot of flashes today and i believe he will be a great QB for us

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Maybe you guys missed it but Romo threw for 227 Yards in one half! Double what Bledsoe threw in the first half.

That among many many other things are the reasons I want Romo to start the rest of the season.

Route 66

Reaction score
I think Romo has a better read of the field and reaction time although he could work on his timing.

Gaede

Reaction score
With Romo-we risk little to gain alot

Bledsoe has had these 3 pick, multiple sacks games against virtually every good team we face. Romo, in his first real NFL game, did just as good as Bledsoe would in the situation.

Have to see what he's got.

Barrister

Reaction score
I also think Romo should start. I DO agree that if we were a legitimate SuperBowl contender that we should stick w/ Bledsoe, but I think tonight's game was an eye opener for us, especially on defense. I mean, we knew the offense would have a tough time against their pass rush, but the defense (especially the pass defense) simply didn't make the plays. Our lack of any pressure up the middle on Manning was especially telling.

Not that I don't think we're talented; we just need more time. Perhaps Watkins needs another year of maturation. Maybe passrushers like Ware, Spears, Canty and Hatcher need another year of development as well. I personally think we need a better NT to spell (and eventually replace) Ferguson, especially on passing downs.

THe point is, this is a talented defense, but--littered with a bunch of 1st- and 2nd- year players, it is still a work in progress. We probably were hoping for more (as evidenced by the signing of TO), but performances against Philly and now NYG show just how much further we still need to go. There's still plenty of work and learning to be done, so we may as well develop our lone QB-of-the-future, Romo. For my part, I thought he showed exactly what you would want from a young QB: mistakes littered among flashes of brilliance. I just wish this was his 1st or 2nd year in the league, not his 4th. But I still think the future is bright. And this season is far from lost.

My two cents.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
every team in the NFL has drawn a bead on drew bledsoe. pressure kills him.

tony romo threw some bad passes tonight - some putrid passes. but he is young, can create a play from nothing, and has "upside" you don't get from an aged vet like drew.

please, BP, let's stay the course with the young guy.

kevsstang

Reaction score
Like Mike Irvin just said it is partly on the Offensive Line. This must be addressed before we are a serious SuperBowl Contender. If we don't address it well we won't be seeing our 6th trophy in a long time. It all starts with the O-Line.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;1110397 said:
Maybe you guys missed it but Romo threw for 227 Yards in one half! Double what Bledsoe threw in the first half.

That among many many other things are the reasons I want Romo to start the rest of the season.

Bledsoe 7-12 111 yards
Romo 14-25 227 yards

YPA
Bledsoe 9.25
Romo 9.08