Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

HanD

Reaction score
There are people making more money that underperform people making less everyday. If I had already made several million dollars, was on the verge of accomplishing something that is rarely ever done and most people who have ever played football dream about (winning the SB) and it cost me a few million to put my team in serious contention then I would gladly hand it over for that opportunity.

Outlier or not, Brady’s unselfishness is what’s contributed to the Pats winning SB’s.
There are people making more money that underperform people making less everyday. If I had already made several million dollars, was on the verge of accomplishing something that is rarely ever done and most people who have ever played football dream about (winning the SB) and it cost me a few million to put my team in serious contention then I would gladly hand it over for that opportunity.

Outlier or not, Brady’s unselfishness is what’s contributed to the Pats winning SB’s.

of course it did. him, his unselfishness and bill.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
ac1.jpg

erod

Reaction score
Do we really need to know what the play is going to be before it’s ran?

Somehow we made it all these years with commentating on the play afterwards.

He really doesn't do that all that much. Hardly at all in the Super Bowl. He seems to do it more if a game is boring, or if he gets excited in an important drive.

It's a pretty cool party trick. Otherwise, he's just really good at breaking down a play and explaining quickly between plays. Some guys just can't do it quick enough.

HanD

Reaction score
And I’m not better than you nor did I mean to imply that.
you didn't imply it. don't take that the wrong way.

it bothers me if i outperform and others make more than me. if you are happy at what you do, more power to you and you've already won.

cern

Reaction score
the bidding will start at 10 million. the final number is much likely to be higher. this is an altogether different kind of free agency than the nfl.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Years from now there will be bar debates about whether Romo or Madden was the better colour guy. The eggheads will take Romo and the meatheads will take Madden.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I like that he really gets into the game. He gets so excited. He is fun to listen to and informing. Don’t think they will pay him 10 million a year.
I like his enthusiasm. It’s refreshing. I just hope all colors don’t folllow suit.

aria

Reaction score
i'd balance hatcher's views with all the instances i've read where romo stopped on the side of the road or did good humanitarian things. hatcher's account could be accurate or it could be biased. maybe he was tight with others that didn't like romo and that impacted his viewpoint. maybe it is the unbiased truth. sometimes personalities clash and that can bias a viewpoint between co-workers. i'm not sure what the absolute truth is.
There’s definitely different degrees of selfishness but with some people money is king and they would step on their own mothers throats to get more. It didn’t cost Tony anything to stop on the side of the road or buy a movie ticket.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He really doesn't do that all that much. Hardly at all in the Super Bowl. He seems to do it more if a game is boring, or if he gets excited in an important drive.

It's a pretty cool party trick. Otherwise, he's just really good at breaking down a play and explaining quickly between plays. Some guys just can't do it quick enough.
He does it on absolutely every single play. The only time he doesn't open his mouth when he gives the other guy at turn. As much as my friends and family members love him I find him to be annoying. I just don't want the help. But I can understand it makes the game more interesting for others . Find it more exciting when he gets it wrong. LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s entertaining for awhile but becomes a nuisance after most of the game. But I don’t have to listen to him very often. Thankfully he’s on CBS. I wish we could trade Buck for Nantz. Ha

lostar2009

Reaction score
Tony’s probably giving CBS a break at $10mil — especially if they can lock him up long-term.

If he went on the open market, he might get more.

Meanwhile, if Romo gets his $10mil, you gotta wonder what kinda salary Peyton Manning might command if/when he puts his services as an announcer up for bids?

Announcer getting 10M is steep. If they pay him that others would want more. He needs to know his place. It would be different if he had his own sports segment which became popular. But he isn't on the field anymore. And I doubt more ppl will tune in because he is calling a game. I watch the match ups I like that weekend not by who is calling the game. I might care if it's a Cowboys game but not really.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He does it on absolutely every single play. The only time he doesn't open his mouth when he gives the other guy at turn. As much as my friends and family members love him I find him to be annoying. I just don't want the help. But I can understand it makes the game more interesting for others . Find it more exciting when he gets it wrong. LOL
That’s a reasonable assertion. I agree he does it on more plays than he doesn’t.

HanD

Reaction score
There’s definitely different degrees of selfishness but with some people money is king and they would step on their own mothers throats to get more. It didn’t cost Tony anything to stop on the side of the road or buy a movie ticket.

he could have taken less when he got his last big deal. but by the end of that contract he was actually quite a bargain compared to other qbs around him imo. i always wish i'd see more players take less to help the team. in this instance with cbs i don't fault him. we can only speculate how selfish he was during his playing days.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Buck is the douchiest douch who ever douched.
If it wasn't for Troy Aikman's hatred of this franchise. And I don't have to explain that . do I. He's actually a pretty damn good color commentator.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Ashamed of himself, is that a joke?
Well I don't know, is it a joke to think that a man already worth many many millions of dollars, demanding an obscene amount of money to do something he supposedly loves doing is an unpleasant character trait?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Troy Aikman's hatred of this franchise. And I don't have to explain that to do I. He's actually a pretty damn good color commentator.
Troy is the best in the game today. And it’s criticism of the Cowboys that makes him respected throughout the league and all Cowboy fans not wearing bilinders.

aria

Reaction score
I like his enthusiasm. It’s refreshing. I just hope all colors don’t folllow suit.
See I find his enthusiasm over the top and annoying. If I wanted to listen to a bunch of giggling, ooooo’ing and ahhhhh’ing then I’d go back in time to a 7 year olds birthday party with a magician.