Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he's one of them?!?! :facepalm:

i sympathize :lmao2:(laughing with you not AT you). time to open her eyes before you have flat-earther grandchildren..... :thumbdown:
No he is not one of them LOL. We were talking about Ancient Aliens. And he was explaining this this group on the internet that still believe the Earth is flat.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually think Tony Romo would make a great defensive coordinator. I think many would think the opposite. When you can read a defense as well as he can, what better way to stop an offense

aria

Reaction score
Well from listening to his called games this year, I would say there are not many who have ever been better than Romo and I would put him in a class with Madden at this early juncture in his new career.
He offers some good insight that most don’t but he annoys the hell out if me with his school girl giddiness and trying to predict every play.

cern

Reaction score
some have the gift of gab. some don't. ali had it. frazier didn't. romo has it, witten doesn't. aikman is analytical. but totally boring. I like what tony brings to the booth. if I was a big time tv exec, I would want him on my team. given what the networks make from showing sports, 10 million isn't that much for the guy being touted as the number one analyst in the biz.

HanD

Reaction score
No he is not one of them LOL. We were talking about Ancient Aliens. And he was explaining this this group on the internet that still believe the Earth is flat.

crisis averted!
flat-earthers.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ything-in-seeking-CBS-raise-to-10M-130534870/

FRISCO - Tony Romo Knows Drama. Tony Romo Knows Timing. So it should surprise no one that word has leaks that Tony Romo would like a raise to $10 million a year to continue working as a TV analyst for CBS Sports.

“I feel this (in the booth for CBS) is exactly where I should be,” Romo told the media during a pre-Super Bowl preview in January.

But now, according to Sporting News, Romo’s representatives are looking for a contract extension paying him “eight figures” annually to remain "where he should be'' -- a substantial raise from his present salary of $4 million.

Have to admit, if I'm choosing now-Cowboy games to watch, I will watch one that Romo/Nance are doing over the others almost every time.

HanD

Reaction score
The stats are very similar for both in their first three years and the rest of his career has yet to be seen.

Remember how many people bashed Romo for most of his career? It’s like the entire Cowboys fan base got amnesia overnight. It really wasn’t until Romo’s last few years that he got some support and now he’s become some sort of QB god in a lot of fans eyes.

it's the pendulum. he got too much hate early in his career after the seattle fg kick botch and now it's full swing the other way and only love to make up for the early hate.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have to admit, if I'm choosing now-Cowboy games to watch, I will watch one that Romo/Nance are doing over the others almost every time.
I choose the games I watch by the teams that are playing. DirecTV Sunday Ticket is a wonderful thing. Sometimes I put on Sirius radio for commentating

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
CBS will pay because they know that if they don't ESPN and Disney will be happy to back up the Brinks truck to his house.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
some have the gift of gab. some don't. ali had it. frazier didn't. romo has it, witten doesn't. aikman is analytical. but totally boring. I like what tony brings to the booth. if I was a big time tv exec, I would want him on my team. given what the networks make from showing sports, 10 million isn't that much for the guy being touted as the number one analyst in the biz.
Emmitt Smith it still amazes me how nervous he gets in front of a camera . Michael Irvin I don't need to explain

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with criticism can I have a problem with going out of your way to criticize and disrespect. That's what Troy comes across to me as. Doesn't do it not show favoritism he does it because he hates the franchise. He holds Jerry responsible for that 4th ring
We all should hold Jerry responsible.

Troy doesn’t hate the franchise. He hates what Jerry did to the Cowboys. Like most Cowboy fans.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony will get a huge bump.
I actually don't think he'll go tot he highest bidder tough.
If CBS is close tot eh best offer, he'll stay with Nance.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We all should hold Jerry responsible.

Troy doesn’t hate the franchise. He hates what Jerry did to the Cowboys. Like most Cowboy fans.
Jerry is the franchise I thought that's the point I was trying to get across. LOL it's always about Jerry

GenoT

Reaction score
Probably less, atleast initially
He will get more than romo got starting out but he’s gonna have to perform and get a second contract to get what romo is gonna get
Maybe. But Peyton’s in no real hurry to become color man.

He already makes well over $10mil per year on endorsements alone and likely makes another $10-$20mil+ on investments (he’s been wisely handling his $$ since his rookie year).

Peyton likely won’t take a TV job unless he’s being paid top dollar.

HanD

Reaction score
Maybe. But Peyton’s in no real hurry to become color man.

He already makes well over $10mil per year on endorsements alone and likely makes another $10-$20mil+ on investments (he’s been wisely handling his $$ since his rookie year).

Peyton likely won’t take a TV job unless he’s being paid top dollar.

rumor was he was offered 10m last year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again last post on the subject. I usually watch cowboy games by myself so I can dissect them. I'm glad Tony is the AFC.