Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The doctors cleared him and that's all the team can go by. That said, if we are going to claim that despite what the docs said the team brought him back too soon in 2015, who's to say that despite what the docs said it wouldn't have been too soon if we had started him immediately after being cleared in 2016?
The million dollar question that there have been no good answers to for the past 2 years.

khiladi

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they were totally unrelated. His back was still shot and his body wasn't holding up to the physicality of the game. People think it was just a fluke injury against Seattle. Case Keenum got his that exact same way when the Rams played the Giants in London. He popped right back up.

Hell in 2014, Romo was thrown to the ground against GB and could barely stand back up in the 3rd quarter. This was after he was supposedly healed from his injury that occurred more than a year earlier. Just getting spun to the ground was taxing on Romo's back.

This is endless.

1. Spine doctors who observed the injury say it’s typical football trauma. You on the other hand claim Keenum’s tackle was ‘exactly’ like Romo’s proven it is rare. Again, nonsense.

Compression vertebrae fractures are a common occurrence even among young athletes, when the vertebrae are way mire flexible.

https://www.themichelicenter.com/publications/media/BACK-INJURIES-IN-THE-YOUNG-ATHLETE[1].pdf

2. Your example of Green Bay in 2014 is subjective. There are plenty of incidents where a player gets tackled and gets up feeling pain. It could be from any number of things.

3. Of course these past issues may lead to further injuries down the road. But guess what? That’s what the experts are for and they said he can play.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is endless.

1. Spine doctors who observed the injury say it’s typical football trauma. You on the other hand claim Keenum’s tackle was ‘exactly’ like Romo’s proven it is rare. Again, nonsense.

Compression vertebrae fractures are a common occurrence even among young athletes, when the vertebrae are way mire flexible.

https://www.themichelicenter.com/publications/media/BACK-INJURIES-IN-THE-YOUNG-ATHLETE[1].pdf

2. Your example of Green Bay in 2014 is subjective. There are plenty of incidents where a player gets tackled and gets up feeling pain. It could be from any number of things.

3. Of course these past issues may lead to further injuries down the road. But guess what? That’s what the experts are for and they said he can play.
Yes, I am sure he could play. I am also sure it was a matter of time before he got snapped in half and based upon the frequency in which it was occurring, my guess is it would have been within 5 hits.

khiladi

Reaction score
The doctors cleared him and that's all the team can go by. That said, if we are going to claim that despite what the docs said the team brought him back too soon in 2015, who's to say that despite what the docs said it wouldn't have been too soon if we had started him immediately after being cleared in 2016?

That Romo didn’t get surgery for previously and clearing him to play, doesn’t meant that the doctors didn’t tell him the risk that would follow suit if he didn’t get surgery. Rodgers clavicle broke multiple times and he finally went with the surgery to drill him with 13 screws.

Again, we are talking about ability to play long term and what or what does not constitute fragility.

And again, biomechanical which led to the original fracture in the collarbone in 2015, with his arm folded completely over, and the defensive LB falling on top of him. Fold over your arm medially like Romo here and watch how your clavicle pulls forward to understand the fragile nature anybody’s collarbone would be in, such a situation:

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So Romo is a quitter? OK, I can run with that narrative. Fitting him and Jason Quitten go out the same way.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The million dollar question that there have been no good answers to for the past 2 years.

And there really is no good answer, because the only indication of whether it was too soon is if he gets reinjured. And even then, how do we know it was really too soon, or is it just that the guy's body wasn't going to hold up. No way to know that for sure either.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Yes please. Romo is our only real hope of turning this thing around.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can't imagine him coming back. Seems extremely far-fetched.
But yeah, with the new rules and two years of all the new core training that he does 3-4 times a week....maybe..maybe, he could stay healthy

And if he could stay upright, yes, he would light it up with Zeke et al, even if the WRs are a bunch of 2s and 3s. More importantly, he wouldn't need too because the defenses would back off

But it ain't happenin'
Well after Jerry made his recent statement that Dak is the future, I think that was a response to them asking Romo that question.
So the Jones boys in all their wisdom ( much greater than us mere mortals) have decided they cant and wont ask Romo back
and they have to make Dak a success even if they are 4-12 every year lol.

The thing is Romo could make cowboys look good with lame coaching and playbook, but Dak cant do that, and the
one thing he was good at , the rpo and running the jones boys took that out of playbook!!!!!!!!!
I feel sorry for Dak, to some degree, because he is in a bad situation with no one to teach him how to be better.
And it isnt just him it is the wr's and game plans, and schemes etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm probably wrong about it, but I seriously think that if we had been a playoff contender last year and Prescott had gotten hurt, Romo would have come back. However, I think his success in the booth and more time away from the game make it very unlikely he would consider it now ... especially on a struggling team without his best bud Witten.
Well jerry has shut out the possibility now.
I think if he had offered romo enough $ and more say over the offense, like call your own plays, he might have come back.
And if only for a year, then cbs might have held the job for him.

But asking tony to come back would be saying they made a mistake, and jones boys cant admit to any mistakes lol.
Thats why jerry made his recent statement.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well after Jerry made his recent statement that Dak is the future, I think that was a response to them asking Romo that question.
So the Jones boys in all their wisdom ( much greater than us mere mortals) have decided they cant and wont ask Romo back
and they have to make Dak a success even if they are 4-12 every year lol.

The thing is Romo could make cowboys look good with lame coaching and playbook, but Dak cant do that, and the
one thing he was good at , the rpo and running the jones boys took that out of playbook!!!!!!!!!
I feel sorry for Dak, to some degree, because he is in a bad situation with no one to teach him how to be better.
And it isnt just him it is the wr's and game plans, and schemes etc.
I wouldn’t feel sorry for Dak. Romo got raked over the coals and Dak is getting raked over the coals. The next QB is going to get it, too unless he wins immediately.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I wouldn’t feel sorry for Dak. Romo got raked over the coals and Dak is getting raked over the coals. The next QB is going to get it, too unless he wins immediately.
Danny White got raked over the coals, Aikman did in his final years. Heck he's still getting it today from some here. It got so bad for Meredith he retired, That's the position of QB.

LittleD

Reaction score
Yes please. Romo is our only real hope of turning this thing around.

Romo is not coming back to play for the Cowboys. He is never playing for Garrett or Linehan again and that's for sure. Garrett burnt
that bridge with Romo when he didn't hold his job open. Romo is laughing at the garbage pile known as the Dallas Cowboys as they
sink into the NFL cellar.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Danny White got raked over the coals, Aikman did in his final years. Heck he's still getting it today from some here. It got so bad for Meredith he retired, That's the position of QB.
Agreed, the Cowboys owe no loyalty to Dak whatsoever. Dak had a bit of an arrogant attitude during the playoff run, but those who know the skilled position and the game, saw the flaws in his game, even then. And we were right, just as the scounting report was. Rake him over the coals, bench his *** and bring in a new QB. Dak is not the answer, he is not the future, after the Cowboys are done with him, he won't even be picked up by anyone else. Not even as a backup. He sucks, all the way around, sucks!