Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

cern

Reaction score
Those numbers aren’t really statistically significant. Pretty much all of them come from two seasons, 2006 and 2015. All it means is he has too injuries in two seasons that required a significant time healing.

Plus it’s fudging because you are simply comparing him to starters that began in 2007. If I adjust by one year, to 2008, meaning A YEAR LESS playing time as a starter, for Aaron Rodgers, these QBs are pretty much identical in terms of ‘fragility’.
he missed all but one game in 2016. he missed, I think, all but 4 games in 2014. your info is incorrect. at the very least skewed.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Just some friendly advise brother; your obsession with this hypothetical is truly approaching unhealthy levels. Most people can agree or disagree without getting completely and dramatically immersed in either possible outcome. Did Tony have a one night stand with your girl or something? Seriously amigo, get some help before you get season tickets on the spectrum.
Here’s some friendly advice for you. Debate my posts and prove me wrong. Or shut up and stay out of Grown Folks business. I don’t need advice from you. I simply asked a question that no one including yourself seems to be able to answer. If you have no answer move along.

khiladi

Reaction score
he missed all but one game in 2016. he missed, I think, all but 4 games in 2014. your info is incorrect. at the very least skewed.

And 2016 is skewed because he could have played in week 8 (6-8 weeks healing time) if he wanted per the doctors. And 2007 is skewed because Aaron Rodgers started in 2008. And it’s also skewed, because Romo started 10 games in 2006.

Why did you choose 2007? It’s skewed from the very beginning.

The point being, it’s still not statistically significant to claim he’s fragile. because if you compare him with Rodgers, their isn’t much of difference.

This is the problem with just numbers. They don’t in any way tell you what the injury is and how it happened. If Rodgers, Brady Brees or anybody else was in the same position as Romo when the Seattle DB fell onto him and compressed his spine, he’d more than likely have suffered the same injury, because it’s biomechanics. The vertebrae are just not meant to take that much force at those angles.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Not arguing that. You think Dak is good enough to win a single ring?
You know what? On second thought. Yes. I think Dak can win a ring. Kap was one play away from winning one. And one play away vs Seattle from consecutive SB appearances. And I’m quite sure Dak is a better quarterback than Kap was. So yes!!! It’s completely possible. If we build a solid team and get some real receivers in here so Dak ain’t surrounded by dwarfs.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yep, at 48 years old, 30-40 extra pounds heavier than his playing days, not getting hit for 10 years, and no competitive football for 10 years, he would be better than Dak is now .... :facepalm:
Id say Dak is in much better physical shape than Tom Brady, doesnt mean much.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You know what? On second thought. Yes. I think Dak can win a ring. Kap was one play away from winning one. And one play away vs Seattle from consecutive SB appearances. And I’m quite sure Dak is a better quarterback than Kap was. So yes!!! It’s completely possible. If we build a solid team and get some real receivers in here so Dak ain’t surrounded by dwarfs.

Kap became the starter at the right time in 2012 when the read option was taking the league by storm. He then got by with his legs in 2013 and went to crap after that.

Dak isn't as athletic, he's bottom tier in terms of passing - there's very little good about Dak. He's not getting a ring and won't be seeing a second contract with us.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Kap became the starter at the right time in 2012 when the read option was taking the league by storm. He then got by with his legs in 2013 and went to crap after that.

Dak isn't as athletic, he's bottom tier in terms of passing - there's very little good about Dak. He's not getting a ring and won't be seeing a second contract with us.
If Kap could be successful in the postseason, Dak surely could. He’s a better quarterback than Kap in my opinion.

cern

Reaction score
And 2016 is skewed because he could have played in week 8 (6-8 weeks healing time) if he wanted per the doctors. And 2007 is skewed because Aaron Rodgers started in 2008. And it’s also skewed, because Romo started 10 games in 2006.

The point being, it’s still not statistically significant to claim he’s fragile. because if you compare him with Rodgers, their isn’t much of difference.

This is the problem with just numbers. They don’t in any way tell you what the injury is and how it happened. If Rodgers, Brady Brees or anybody else was in the same position as Romo when the Seattle DB fell onto him and compressed his spine, he’d more than likely have suffered the same injury, because it’s biomechanics. The vertebrae are just not meant to take that much force at those angles.
I choose 2007 since that is the year he became a starter. The rest is etched in stone. Incontrovertible.

khiladi

Reaction score
I choose 2007 since that is the year he became a starter. The rest is etched in stone. Incontrovertible.

He became a starter in 2006 when Drew Bledsoe was benched for him. He should have started way earlier in fact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The injury history earlier in Romo's career I don't think was a concern, but we have to realistically consider that at the time the decision was made to stick with Dak, Romo had suffered injuries that sidelined him for a significant amount of time in 3 of the previous 6 games he had played. I know it's a small sample size, but it affected the better part of 2 seasons, plus even with a small sample size an injury in 50% of his games is pretty hard to ignore - especially with a QB that is getting older.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Rodgers never had a major back injury. That's the big difference between Romo and Rodgers. Romo's back was forever changed with a spin move in 2013. That was the injury that was always going to impact his playing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He became a starter in 2006 when Drew Bledsoe was benched for him. He should have started way earlier in fact.

Maybe a little earlier, but I don't know about way earlier. Romo looked like a scared rabbit in the pocket his first couple of preseasons.

khiladi

Reaction score
The injury history earlier in Romo's career I don't think was a concern, but we have to realistically consider that at the time the decision was made to stick with Dak, Romo had suffered injuries that sidelined him for a significant amount of time in 3 of the previous 6 games he had played. I know it's a small sample size, but it affected the better part of 2 seasons, plus even with a small sample size an injury in 50% of his games is pretty hard to ignore - especially with a QB that is getting older.

He came back too early the previous year to ‘save the season’ anyways in that catastrophe, meaning this franchise owed him irrespective.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe a little earlier, but I don't know about way earlier. Romo looked like a scared rabbit in the pocket his first couple of preseasons.

By earlier, I meant 2006. Parcells was just dragging it out, because Bledsoe was his former player and that’s how he coaches, he brings them in to play.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The comment I responded to was about Romo coming back after 10 years and being better than Dak is now.
And Im saying Dak doesnt have the mind to play this position. Doesnt have the instincts. Doesnt have the eyes. Doesnt have the "it factor". Romo did when he played, he could come back and still have a better feel for the game than Dak.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree, he's better than Kap. Really all we need is a top 5 defense, the best offensive line, top 3 rushing attack and Harbaugh and you're absolutely right, the 23rd ranked passing attack will be good enough to take us to a Super Bowl (Those are all things Kap had that year). Wouldn't it just make more sense to get a good QB that doesn't need everything else around them to be perfect to have success? And by success I'm setting the bar low, at a chance at the playoffs.

Right now we have a great running game 5th, the 8th ranked defense, and depending who you talk to, one of the best lines in football or one of the worst so I'm going to say middle of the pack. All of those things are good enough to get the job done with average to good QB play. Do we need more out of the WR group? Yes. Do we need a LOT more out of Dak? Also yes.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo’s 2013 back injury and his 2016 were totally unrelated. 2013 was a ruptured disk. 2016 was fractures in the transverse processes, irrelevant to the disk.
It doesn't matter if they were totally unrelated. His back was still shot and his body wasn't holding up to the physicality of the game. People think it was just a fluke injury against Seattle. Case Keenum got his that exact same way when the Rams played the Giants in London. He popped right back up.

Hell in 2014, Romo was thrown to the ground against GB and could barely stand back up in the 3rd quarter. This was after he was supposedly healed from his injury that occurred more than a year earlier. Just getting spun to the ground was taxing on Romo's back.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Kap could be successful in the postseason, Dak surely could. He’s a better quarterback than Kap in my opinion.

I just gave you the reason why he was successful in the post season.

And his mechanics are looking just as bad as Kap's at this point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He came back too early the previous year to ‘save the season’ anyways in that catastrophe, meaning this franchise owed him irrespective.

The doctors cleared him and that's all the team can go by. That said, if we are going to claim that despite what the docs said the team brought him back too soon in 2015, who's to say that despite what the docs said it wouldn't have been too soon if we had started him immediately after being cleared in 2016?