Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
A) Tom Brady - 3 Super Bowl wins
B) Peyton Manning - 1 Super Bowl win
C) Drew Brees - 1 Super Bowl win
D) Tony Romo - 1 Playoff win

Which one is not like the others?

And Romo is paid relatively the same as each of them.

Can't argue that, are you implying we would have some Lombardis if one of those guys was our QB over the last six years and the rest of the team and coaching would have been that much better? Just curious?

dfan32

Reaction score
So you "don't care" about the overthrow.

Yet everyone elses errors are "unacceptable".

This is why I call yall Romo Stans. The realists on this board are bashing both sides, Romo and the turnover guys, but you guys "don't care", "it's just preseason", "he was 7/10" in response to Romo's errors. It's unbelievable how biased some of you guys are towards him.

I'm pretty sure all QB's overthrow receivers, and probably moreso in preseason. It's useless to get all upset about an overthrow to a rookie in preseason no matter how you feel about Romo in general.

Deep_South

Reaction score

Oh, come on now. If New Orleans and Indy had failed to pay Brees and Manning competitive salaries before they won a Super Bowl, it is probable neither city would have won a Super Bowl. IMO, of course. (Because they both would have been playing for a team that would pay them.)

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Lol @ those who think Romo's overthrow is the same as Dunbar, Dez and Harris's fumble.

Zordon

Reaction score
Lol...I have problems with all of the mistakes, including the two interceptions I did not even mention, since we were talking the first quarter in your original post. It's your 100 million dollar comment and focusing only on Romo that turns people off. When a player is on the field and an error is made, I immediately look at what went wrong, I don't scramble to look at their salary cap number.

First of all man I could really careless if I turn someone off. I love the Cowboys. You love the Cowboys. This is a huge fanbase and a huge site so it's natural that there will be disagreements, good banter, and then laugh about it, learn something new, or agree to disagree. There are no hard feelings here, this is not a war or a popularity contest. So I'll never bite my tongue or shape my views in order to satisfy others.

We're not dealing with monopoly money here. This is a significant investment we made to Romo this off season. He takes a large amount of our cap resources going forward so just like in any other business he is going to be criticized more significantly. Romo isn't the first to be criticized based on his salary. Nobody had any issues bringing up Miles Austin's salary the last 2 years.
In a game that does not mean crap? YES.:cool:
Ok so if that play didn't matter then neither do the turnovers, right? I mean they happened in a meaningless game, who cares.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Can't argue that, are you implying we would have some Lombardis if one of those guys was our QB over the last six years and the rest of the team and coaching would have been that much better? Just curious?

Oh...SNAP!

Zordon

Reaction score
LOL at drawing any conclusions from the preseason.

I guess the Broncos are terrible. They did get beat 40-10 afterall. Might as well not play. See how ridiculous that sounds?
Nobody has any issues drawing the conclusion that the oline will be improved based on the preseason. I guess positive conclusions are allowed but negative ones are not?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
First of all man I could really careless if I turn someone off. I love the Cowboys. You love the Cowboys. This is a huge fanbase and a huge site so it's natural that there will be disagreements, good banter, and then laugh about it, learn something new, or agree to disagree. There are no hard feelings here, this is not a war or a popularity contest. So I'll never bite my tongue or shape my views in order to satisfy others.

We're not dealing with monopoly money here. This is a significant investment we made to Romo this off season. He takes a large amount of our cap resources going forward so just like in any other business he is going to be criticized more significantly. Romo isn't the first to be criticized based on his salary. Nobody had any issues bringing up Miles Austin's salary the last 2 years.

Ok so if that play didn't matter then neither do the turnovers, right? I mean they happened in a meaningless game, who cares.

You are right...the turnovers were just as meaningless. If these instances were to happen in a REAL game then I could put up with your crying and whining, but it was meaningless game. These players have been working their butts off in camp and I'm sure they were just glad to get the game over so they could go home finally. smh

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

More evidence of how good Romo really is.

Zordon

Reaction score
You are right...the turnovers were just as meaningless. If these instances were to happen in a REAL game then I could put up with your crying and whining, but it was meaningless game. These players have been working their butts off in camp and I'm sure they were just glad to get the game over so they could go home finally. smh
So turnovers are meaningless, overthrows are meaningless, lack of execution in the red zone...meaningless.

Why exactly are you here then?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score

Not going to go that far, because it's pointless to guess at such scenarios. I deal in reality and the reality is, as good as Romo is, he shouldn't be making as much as SB winning QBs.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So turnovers are meaningless, overthrows are meaningless, lack of execution in the red zone...meaningless.

Why exactly are you here then?

Turnovers and overthrows are very meaningful and as far as the red zone goes, I'll have to go back and look at the tape but I believed we scored when we finally made it there. We probably would have been there more if not for the turnovers and the over throw, which I'm not sure would have been a TD.

I haven't posted much in a while so I'm not all that familiar with you, but you seem like a dedicated fan and I can respect that. So, from a guy just recently seeing you post it seems like you have more concern with Romo's overthrow than anything else that went on last night, including the six turnovers, of which he had none. Maybe I'm wrong and feel free to correct me if I am, only you know what you think, but that is the opinion I get from reading your post in this thread without knowing much of your history.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Turnovers and overthrows are very meaningful and as far as the red zone goes, I'll have to go back and look at the tape but I believed we scored when we finally made it there. We probably would have been there more if not for the turnovers and the over throw, which I'm not sure would have been a TD.

I haven't posted much in a while so I'm not all that familiar with you, but you seem like a dedicated fan and I can respect that. So, from a guy just recently seeing you post it seems like you have more concern with Romo's overthrow than anything else that went on last night, including the six turnovers, of which he had none. Maybe I'm wrong and feel free to correct me if I am, only you know what you think, but that is the opinion I get from reading your post in this thread without knowing much of your history.

lol

You are in for a big surprise!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Nobody has any issues drawing the conclusion that the oline will be improved based on the preseason. I guess positive conclusions are allowed but negative ones are not?

No there is no inconsistency. But nice try hos.

The preseason is about evaluating individual players. From that we can evaluate the offensive line. But the preseason is absolutely not conducive to evaluating gameplans.

This really must actually be your first offseason following a football team.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not going to go that far, because it's pointless to guess at such scenarios. I deal in reality and the reality is, as good as Romo is, he shouldn't be making as much as SB winning QBs.
Except that is what he is worth.

I guess Dan Marino when he played shouldn't have been making top QB money. Right?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Fair enough, I don't have this information but I'm curious if Payton and Brees were making top QB dollars top 10% when they got their new contracts) a few years back before they won their Lombardis? Maybe they weren't and were in the middle of the pack as far as QB salaries go, like I said I don't have that info at my fingertips. If they did get top salaries before they won a super bowl, was that a mistake on their teams part? Brady is a different animal, winning it his first year out...lol.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Except that is what he is worth.

I guess Dan Marino when he played shouldn't have been making top QB money. Right?

If Tony Romo's name was Dan Marino and he had critical errors in big games with very little post season success, no, he shouldn't be paid like a top QB.

Zordon

Reaction score

I think @AsthmaField is right. I think I've been posting more about Romo in response to the excuses I've heard from some of his hardcore fans the last two weeks. I realize Romo is not a problem for this team. He's an asset and a very talented player. In the past I've had issues with his leadership style and have grown to accept him for who he is. I've stopped trying to expect him to be Aikman or Staubach.

My biggest specific issue w/ last night's game was the oline run blocking throughout the game and especially in the 3rd quarter when I expected them to start dominating the Cardinals 2nd unit. They didn't and that worries me b/c the play has gone done since the Miami game. From a more general standpoint, I have big problems with this team not being able to score points early in games and not being able to capitalize on red zone opportunities. With all the close games we play, imagine if we'd turn one field goal into one touchdown per game. Our record would improve significantly. I think this is where Romo comes into play b/c I don't think he's an elite red zone QB. Just my opinion, I've used statistics to back this up, it is what it is. I just want it fixed. This offense is too talented to only score 3-10 pts every 1st half and play catch up for the rest of the game. I used to think it was mainly an oline and jason garrett problem with some Romo accountability too, but now that they are playing better and garrett is out of the picture, why is it still an issue thru 3 preseason games? When are we going to see the 30-40 pt offensive explosion from this team? I'm waiting patiently for that 2007 offense to come back.