Romo was sharp today

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think it's the fact that it was a miss on a single pass out of a relatively strong performance. What I think the issue is, is most of us just remember all the little mistakes that have kept this team behind in one way or another. No, they're not all Romo, but a set of them have been because of him. He's now paid like a SB winning QB and I don't like seeing easy throws like that being overthrown.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Hey did anyone know, that even players like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees overthrow receivers. Or are they like gods in your eyes? I watched some games last year when Tom Brady had a lot of bad overthrows. **** happens.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My whole focus this offseason was on Red Zone Offense and Quick Starts in games. I keep repeating myself about this b/c I truly believe this will determine our season.

Last season we ranked 30th in the league at 2.8 pts/per 1st Q. 28th in the league in avg pts for the 1st half (7.8 pts).

So far this preseason we're seeing a repeat of last season. Countless pts being left on the field early in games, penalties in the red zone, wide open receivers being missed. 1st team offense has 3 pts so far this preseason.

Now there is only one side that continues to ignore this and instead would rather focus on Romo's yards and completions. Has Romo ever had issues passing btw the 20s? What is the big deal about him doing it this preseason? I'd gladly give back half the completions and half the yards for those 14 pts he's left on the field the past two weeks.

Well, I can't find much to argue with you about that. We definitely need to put the ball in the endzone more than we did last year.

However, while his pass to Williams would have been a touchdown, it wouldn't have been Dallas scoring in the red zone and wouldn't have been viewed as an improvement in that area.

I view it like this: Romo missed on that throw, plain and simple. However, give Romo 10 shots like that and he will hit Williams 8 or 9 out of those 10. It isn't a concern. Because of the turnovers, we didn't get a chance to see Romo and the first team in the red zone to know if they are getting any better of not. However, looking at what they've done this preseason, it is pretty evident that the OL is much improved and the running lanes are going to be way, way better than they were last year. The team has been better on short yardage situations, and overall has been pretty sharp. I don't think they will be as inept in the redzone, in running the ball, or in first half scoring as they were last year.

Plus, I think there is a whole lot the team isn't using right now. Things will look different from last year on offense and they are keeping all of that under wraps.

I just think it is pretty clear that Dallas will be more efficient and effective on offense this year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
My whole focus this offseason was on Red Zone Offense and Quick Starts in games. I keep repeating myself about this b/c I truly believe this will determine our season.

Last season we ranked 30th in the league at 2.8 pts/per 1st Q. 28th in the league in avg pts for the 1st half (7.8 pts).

So far this preseason we're seeing a repeat of last season. Countless pts being left on the field early in games, penalties in the red zone, wide open receivers being missed. 1st team offense has 3 pts so far this preseason.

Now there is only one side that continues to ignore this and instead would rather focus on Romo's yards and completions. Has Romo ever had issues passing btw the 20s? What is the big deal about him doing it this preseason? I'd gladly give back half the completions and half the yards for those 14 pts he's left on the field the past two weeks.

We probably score more points in the first half if 4 things had not happened.

1) Romo overs throws T. Will
2) Dumbar doesn't fumble on the 7 yard line.
3) Dez fumble on the 30 (guessing approximate line there).
4) Harris turns the ball over so we have one less offensive series to move the ball.

Three turnovers and you focus on one in-completion. It's really not a wonder most disregard what you have to say due to you anti Romo agenda.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hey did anyone know, that even players like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees overthrow receivers. Or are they like gods in your eyes? I watched some games last year when Tom Brady had a lot of bad overthrows. **** happens.

No way! They are all perfect all the time!

dstovall5

Reaction score
But what does T. Will being a rookie have to do with that play? Is it possible for you stans to place blame on Romo SOLELY?

You're joking right? Him being a rookie has a lot to do with that play. Those plays are all about timing and it takes years to develop that chemistry. Not just one camp which is what you probably think. Like I said, anyone somewhat knowledgable of football knows this. It's obvious Romo made a mistake on that play, but I said "I don't care" because it was only a timing problem. It wasn't a mental mistake or anything like that, just timing.

Zordon

Reaction score

4) Harris turns the ball over so we have one less offensive series to move the ball.

Three turnovers and you focus on one in-completion. It's really not a wonder most disregard what you have to say due to you anti Romo agenda.

Do you want to compare the salaries of those 4 players?

FYI I was calling them idiots too in the Game Thread (w/ the exception of Dez who looked like he was trying to cover up the ball but the corner just made a good play.

There are posters in the other thread literally saying Romo's play is not a big deal, then in the very next sentence criticize the turnovers. Yet you have no problem with that stanley.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Agree that Romo looks sharp. I expect him to have a monster season. There is no doubt watching him play that he is in the upper echelon of NFL qbs.

Zordon

Reaction score
You're joking right? Him being a rookie has a lot to do with that play. Those plays are all about timing and it takes years to develop that chemistry. Not just one camp which is what you probably think. Like I said, anyone somewhat knowledgable of football knows this. It's obvious Romo made a mistake on that play, but I said "I don't care" because it was only a timing problem. It wasn't a mental mistake or anything like that, just timing.

Fair enough. I understand the importance of timing with a receiver. But lets not forget that T-Will was tearing it up in practice all week. So lets not act like he was coming off the street. They've had a good amount of time to get acclimated with each other and have proven in practice that they can clique easily. Romo just didn't do it on that play.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Do you want to compare the salaries of those 4 players?

FYI I was calling them idiots too in the Game Thread (w/ the exception of Dez who looked like he was trying to cover up the ball but the corner just made a good play.

There are posters in the other thread literally saying Romo's play is not a big deal, then in the very next sentence criticize the turnovers. Yet you have no problem with that stanley.

Lol...I have problems with all of the mistakes, including the two interceptions I did not even mention, since we were talking the first quarter in your original post. It's your 100 million dollar comment and focusing only on Romo that turns people off. When a player is on the field and an error is made, I immediately look at what went wrong, I don't scramble to look at their salary cap number.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score

A) Tom Brady - 3 Super Bowl wins
B) Peyton Manning - 1 Super Bowl win
C) Drew Brees - 1 Super Bowl win
D) Tony Romo - 1 Playoff win

Which one is not like the others?

And Romo is paid relatively the same as each of them.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I like the chemistry he is showing with Dez. Witten needs to take a backseat to the boy wonder from now on.

Still he missed a wide open Terrence Williams for a touchdown. 2 games and counting, no touchdowns for the first unit this preseason. It's starting to remind me of last year.

LOL at drawing any conclusions from the preseason.

I guess the Broncos are terrible. They did get beat 40-10 afterall. Might as well not play. See how ridiculous that sounds?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

It's kids like him that make me wish Romo would get hurt for the season and then see just how the hell they feel now!

:cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
A) Tom Brady - 3 Super Bowl wins
B) Peyton Manning - 1 Super Bowl win
C) Drew Brees - 1 Super Bowl win
D) Tony Romo - 1 Playoff win

Which one is not like the others?

And Romo is paid relatively the same as each of them.

Good for Romo.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Again LOL @ drawing overarching conclusions about the efficacy of this offense from preseason games.

I mean....is this your first time following football?