Romo's 2 Passes

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I didn't get to see them because they cut the game coverage short in my area, but if you go to http://www.nfl.com/ under "Headlines" and then click "video" next to the Dallas/Houston game-related articles you can see the passes. Nice to see Romo carry out that fake on the TD. It's good to see somebody that can move out of their own way..

Tobal

Reaction score
BIGDen;1094169 said:
I didn't get to see them because they cut the game coverage short in my area, but if you go to http://www.nfl.com/ under "Headlines" and then click "video" next to the Dallas/Houston game-related articles you can see the passes. Nice to see Romo carry out that fake on the TD. It's good to see somebody that can move out of their own way..

the fake was nice, the other pass scares me

aikemirv

Reaction score
Tobal;1094194 said:
the fake was nice, the other pass scares me

Deep ball short is one of the toughest to defend - happens all the time in the NFL. I really don't know why that would scare you. WR goes up and makes the play.

Tobal

Reaction score
He just threw it up for grabs, you think he intentionally left that short?

you're kidding yourself

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to give your WRs a chance to make a play when they are 1 on 1.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday;1094261 said:
Sometimes you just have to give your WRs a chance to make a play when they are 1 on 1.

Hurd was 1 on 1, but there was safety help over the top. If that pass isn't severely underthrown (and I don't think anyone can guarantee he meant to do that) it's easily picked off. Great play by Hurd to locate and come back to it.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I can see both sides on the deep pass. What impressed me was his ability to quickly read the end rush on the roll out, stop and his T.O. in stride. Doesn't happen with Bledsoe. I'm tellin' ya fellas, Romo is the real deal. Yes it was a couple of passes in one game, but how he handled himself told me a lot.

I was telling my buddies that if Bledsoe had done the simple roll out, he would've freaked out and taken a sack. That's what Romo brings to the table. I'm glad Bledsoe had a good game and didn't have any turnovers, but the playbook grows when Romo is in.

dfense

Reaction score
Doomsday;1094261 said:

The BIG double standard right? If Bledsoe throws that ball he's an idiot tossing it up and it probably gets picked. But for the fresh new face at QB Romo, it's letting your receiver make a play. I like that.:cool:

Tobal

Reaction score
I think it's way to early to tell much.

I like Romo, I'm just not going to sign off on everything he does

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just grateful we no longer have to read on this board, "Romo hasn't even attempted a pass in a real game".

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;1094286 said:
I'm just grateful we no longer have to read on this board, "Romo hasn't even attempted a pass in a real game".
Well we'll still see "Romo hasn't played against a real NFL defense" (Texans don't count)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1094294 said:
Well we'll still see "Romo hasn't played against a real NFL defense" (Texans don't count)

True. :)

But now I can use, "Romo has a better QB rating than Bledsoe". ;)

mwj473

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1094286 said:

What about:

"Romo hasn't even thrown an incompletion in a real game"
or
"Romo hasn't completed a pass to the right side of the field in a real game"
or
"Romo hasn't completed a pass to a non WR in a real game"

I've got those ready now

:laugh2: :lmao2:

aikemirv

Reaction score
dfense;1094272 said:
The BIG double standard right? If Bledsoe throws that ball he's an idiot tossing it up and it probably gets picked. But for the fresh new face at QB Romo, it's letting your receiver make a play. I like that.:cool:

Bledsoe made a pass like that in Double Coverage to TO in the endzone and TO made the play on it.

I was not saying that was a bad pass by Bledsoe.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1094263 said:
Hurd was 1 on 1, but there was safety help over the top. If that pass isn't severely underthrown (and I don't think anyone can guarantee he meant to do that) it's easily picked off. Great play by Hurd to locate and come back to it.
The safety was sitting on the opposite hash mark at the time. Not really a threat to get to that ball over or under thrown. The corner that was covering him man to man was about 6 inches shorter than Hurd. It's not as risky a throw as some people are making it out to be.

aikemirv

Reaction score
superpunk;1094263 said:

Severely underthrown would be the pass that Bledsoe threw to Owens against Philly.. Romos pass was underthrown with severe pressure and because he was getting hit almost while throwing we will never know if it was meant to be underthrown.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1094318 said:
The safety was sitting on the opposite hash mark at the time. Not really a threat to get to that ball over or under thrown. The corner that was covering him man to man was about 6 inches shorter than Hurd. It's not as risky a throw as some people are making it out to be.

Nor was it as great as some are making it out to be. The underthrown deep ball on the sideline isn't extremely risky. That pass hung, though, and fortunately Hurd didn't give the ball's position away with his eyes. So fortunately, it wasn't an INT.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1094331 said:
Nor was it as great as some are making it out to be. The underthrown deep ball on the sideline isn't extremely risky. That pass hung, though, and fortunately Hurd didn't give the ball's position away with his eyes. So fortunately, it wasn't an INT.
It wasn't a great pass. But it sure was great seeing someone who could actually make the throw and not just take the sack or get his arm hit mid-throw there.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1094341 said:
It wasn't a great pass. But it sure was great seeing someone who could actually make the throw and not just take the sack or get his arm hit mid-throw there.

It's amazing what decent pass protection and great blitz pickup will do for you.