Romo's 2 Passes

superpunk

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1094482 said:
Yep. And we also don't have to hear it from the talking heads.

And another thing ... why is it that quarterbacking appears much more easier with Romo than with Drew. Why is it that TO miraculously was wide open on Romo's TD pass.

Because TO is faster when Romo is in there? :eek: :rolleyes:

Or, maybe it was a great play design, and the Texans were fooled by the play-fake and the motion.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
On Romo's TD pass it was a nice fake and then a nice quick release to Owens.

Bledsoe would have got sacked on that play.:p:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
aikemirv;1094373 said:
Bledsoe was not sharp yesterday period. the defense pulled our team up yesterday and then Bledsoe got it going but he was far from good yesterday - like he sadi, OK is about the word for it.

I hated the throw away on fourth down more than anything else he did yesterday. At least if no one is open, you try to run for it on 4th, not throw it away!

Yeah. And TO's 1st TD belonged to Jason. Our boy Drew missed him when no one was within "50 yards" of him.

And don't get me started on that 4th & 1. I don't know if that's more our offensive playbook than Drew. Heck New Orleans offense looks 10 times better than we do and it's there first year in their system.

I just don't know about our offense. It just doesn't make much sense. If I never see another fade pass to the corner of the end zone will be one time too many for me. Is this the only pass that Drew knows how to throw in the red zone?????

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
mwj473;1094357 said:
I am not totally on the Romo bandwagon, but my issue with Bledsoe is he does not seem to be recognizing the defense before the play. Look at the play below, Witten is totally uncovered and he goes ahead with the running play instead of just tossing it out to Witten. Thanks to phillycowboyslover for the pic.

http://i30.***BLOCKED***/albums/c333/marv41/HPIM1408.jpg

I saw that play again and thought wow that could have been an easy TD. But the play was rushed because Bledose was trying to catch the 12th man from getting off the field, you see his feet on the top right corner. Also, Witten also was called for a penalty for not being set so had he caught the TD pass it wouldn’t have counted.

Stautner

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1094545 said:
I saw that play again and thought wow that could have been an easy TD. But the play was rushed because Bledose was trying to catch the 12th man from getting off the field, you see his feet on the top right corner. Also, Witten also was called for a penalty for not being set so had he caught the TD pass it wouldn’t have counted.

Whether it would have counted or not is beside the point - that doesn't change the fact that Bledsoe should have seen him.

superpunk

Reaction score
Stautner;1094552 said:
Whether it would have counted or not is beside the point - that doesn't change the fact that Bledsoe should have seen him.

I guess you missed the whole, catching the 12th man thing.

Stautner

Reaction score
superpunk;1094567 said:
I guess you missed the whole, catching the 12th man thing.

They were trying to catch the defense off guard, which includes catching them out of position like they were with Witten. The ONLY focus of catching a team off guard isn't just to catch them with 12 men on the field.

We score from getting the ball in the endzone, not by focusing SOLELY on moving half the distance to the goal from just a few yards out - and quality QB's are capable of looking over the whole situation.

Obviously Bledsoe needed to look over the whole situation because if he had he would have been able to make sure Witten got set.

tecolote

Reaction score
On Romo´s first pass, it was 3th and long, out of field goal range, what´s the worst thing that could´ve happened, an interception at the 5, so what.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
mwj473;1094357 said:
I am not totally on the Romo bandwagon, but my issue with Bledsoe is he does not seem to be recognizing the defense before the play. Look at the play below, Witten is totally uncovered and he goes ahead with the running play instead of just tossing it out to Witten. Thanks to phillycowboyslover for the pic.

http://i30.***BLOCKED***/albums/c333/marv41/HPIM1408.jpg

What you don't see on that play is that Shawn Merriman had just saved a man's life in the upper deck by performing cpr... he then flew down to the field and covered up Witten tightly...

superpunk

Reaction score
Stautner;1094603 said:
They were trying to catch the defense off guard, which includes catching them out of position like they were with Witten. The ONLY focus of catching a team off guard isn't just to catch them with 12 men on the field.

We score from getting the ball in the endzone, not by focusing SOLELY on moving half the distance to the goal from just a few yards out - and quality QB's are capable of looking over the whole situation.

Obviously Bledsoe needed to look over the whole situation because if he had he would have been able to make sure Witten got set.

Obviously. Which is why it's so great sitting on a Monday Morning throne and critiquing every move made.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
trickblue;1094614 said:
What you don't see on that play is that Shawn Merriman had just saved a man's life in the upper deck by performing cpr... he then flew down to the field and covered up Witten tightly...

:lmao:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Stautner;1094552 said:

Yep how the heck can you read coverages if you dont look over the field. No wonder why he is always getting sacked he has no clue who is lining up where. Also I wonder if he has a different routine for looking over the defenses when its a run vs a pass. Talk about tipping off the defense.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday;1094667 said:
Yep how the heck can you read coverages if you dont look over the field. No wonder why he is always getting sacked he has no clue who is lining up where. Also I wonder if he has a different routine for looking over the defenses when its a run vs a pass. Talk about tipping off the defense.

With him trying to catch the defense with 12 men, it would have been hard for him to check to the pass. If he had scanned the field, the guy would have made it to the sideline. Plus, the play was a run, so he would have had to check to a pass... during that time, the Texans could have realized that Witten was uncovered, and could have run someone over there. The smart play is to try to catch the guy on the field to get the penalty IMO. To do that they just had to run the play called.

Stautner

Reaction score
superpunk;1094618 said:
Obviously. Which is why it's so great sitting on a Monday Morning throne and critiquing every move made.

I'll be the first to admit that this is Monday morning quarterbacking and it is unreasonable to expect flawless performances.

Bledsoe made a mistake though - that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying it's unforgivable or inexcusable - although looking over the field before the snap might be a good idea. Not noticing that the lone reciever spread out to one side is completely uncovered is one of the bigger mistakes a QB can make.

mwj473

Reaction score
peplaw06;1094687 said:
With him trying to catch the defense with 12 men, it would have been hard for him to check to the pass. If he had scanned the field, the guy would have made it to the sideline. Plus, the play was a run, so he would have had to check to a pass... during that time, the Texans could have realized that Witten was uncovered, and could have run someone over there. The smart play is to try to catch the guy on the field to get the penalty IMO. To do that they just had to run the play called.

I will agree it was a bit different trying to catch the defense with 12 men on the field, but he would not have to check off to a pass play, just stand up and throw it to Witten. Who cares if the other 9 players don't know what is going on, it's 6 points. Just make sure the pass is behind the LOS so the lineman can go downfield legally. I've seen Mcnabb do this before.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Wow you Bledsoe haters damn him if he does and damn him if he doesn't.

mwj473

Reaction score
Funxva;1094738 said:

If you are refering to me, I'm only talking about this play. I think he made some good decisions yesterday. My main worry is looking at this play, does Drew even look at the defense pre snap, which would be an extremely bad thing, or was trying to get the penalty what caused him to not look at the defense. He sent Witten out in motion, but didn't look to see if anyone was following him, or allow Witten to get set.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Funxva;1094738 said:

Not only do I damn him if he does or he doesn't I damn him before and after too!! :D

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
BIGDen;1094169 said:
I didn't get to see them because they cut the game coverage short in my area, but if you go to http://www.nfl.com/ under "Headlines" and then click "video" next to the Dallas/Houston game-related articles you can see the passes. Nice to see Romo carry out that fake on the TD. It's good to see somebody that can move out of their own way..

Make your reservations for Canton, because both of those throws were a thing of beauty especially since the game was on the line against a superbowl contender when Romo threw them.....:rolleyes:

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Funxva;1094738 said:

I'm an equal opportunity hater. There's plenty to spread around, why waste it on one person...:p: