Romo's 2 Passes

aikemirv

Reaction score
Funxva;1094738 said:
Wow you Bledsoe haters damn him if he does and damn him if he doesn't.

For some people it may be hate, for me, I am just tired of his predictable play. We need to have 3 to 4 options on passing plays. Our line and Drews immobility are causing us to just have Glenn and TO in the passing plays a lot of the time. We can't be successful that way.

If you play Romo and his mobility you can get more people in the passing game and IMO, open up a lot more plays because he seems to get rid of the ball quicker and hit the checkdowns and keep everyone involved. It would keep the defense much more offbalanced.

I just don't really like our offense at this point and I think that our Oline/Drew combo are holding us back in attacking. Any QB in the NFL can perform given time, so saying you have to give him tons of time is a cop out.

Drew can't take us to the Superbowl and I would rather see if Romo can. If he can't then so be it, but Drew is not going to either.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...is everyone's QB when he has time and makes the throws, but it's not hard to realize that his immobility is hard on an offensive line when they face stiff competition.

That's not just on the field, but also in the schemes run by opposing coordinators. Until Drew can show he can adjust to pressure in the pocket, he will always be vunerable to blitzes.

Some players made a career out of adjusting and there are different ways of accomplishing that.

Montana would roll out, Tarkington had good wheels and Marino had a hair trigger.

Whatever it is sometimes it's not just about the team, but also how the individual readjusts. That's just what great players do.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Tobal;1094216 said:
He just threw it up for grabs, you think he intentionally left that short?

you're kidding yourself

I saw the play. Tony hung in the pocket and absorbed a pretty big hit. What I saw was some arm strength. He knew he just had to get the ball up there for Hurd who definitely had the size advantage over the DB.

It was a great play! Jake Delhomme has made a name for himself throwing passes like that.

All in all, it was a good play by Tony. I am excited to see him as our starter, whenever the opportunity arises.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
To me, if you you're going to throw it on 4th and 1, and you're only going to use 1 receiver in the route, just go deep. If it's intercepted, so what, it's like a punt.

But I honestly don't like plays where you only have 1 option.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
davidyee;1095011 said:
...is everyone's QB when he has time and makes the throws, but it's not hard to realize that his immobility is hard on an offensive line when they face stiff competition.

That's not just on the field, but also in the schemes run by opposing coordinators. Until Drew can show he can adjust to pressure in the pocket, he will always be vunerable to blitzes.

Some players made a career out of adjusting and there are different ways of accomplishing that.

Montana would roll out, Tarkington had good wheels and Marino had a hair trigger.

Whatever it is sometimes it's not just about the team, but also how the individual readjusts. That's just what great players do.
G ood points. Unfortunately, Bledsoe makes sporatic throws even when he's not under pressure. If you're going to have time to throw, you need to be accurate.
Just like the miss fire to Witten.

I can understand if that was a deep pass, but it was a simple slant for a TD and Bledsoe missed him by a mile. I do understand that s*** happens, but when it's touch down time, you don't get a thousand opportunities for wide opened receivers.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1094545 said:
I saw that play again and thought wow that could have been an easy TD. But the play was rushed because Bledose was trying to catch the 12th man from getting off the field, you see his feet on the top right corner. Also, Witten also was called for a penalty for not being set so had he caught the TD pass it wouldn’t have counted.
Exactly right. If he had thrown it to Witten the play wouldn't count anyway.

pancakeman

Reaction score
BIGDen;1094169 said:
I didn't get to see them because they cut the game coverage short in my area, but if you go to http://www.nfl.com/ under "Headlines" and then click "video" next to the Dallas/Houston game-related articles you can see the passes. Nice to see Romo carry out that fake on the TD. It's good to see somebody that can move out of their own way..
I couldn't get that to work on my mac, but I did find this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuD6tX4qlDg

Stautner

Reaction score
Hostile;1095186 said:
Exactly right. If he had thrown it to Witten the play wouldn't count anyway.

Do you really think the fact that the play wouldn't have counted justifies Bledsoe not seeing that the sole receiver split out to one side was uncovered?