Twitter: Romo's nugget on Cooper Rush

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Rush is a winner and a gamer. Biggest difference I see between him and Dak is he anticipates the throws and he isn’t afraid to let it go. Prescott waits until the defender and the receiver have separation to throw it.
You need to watch more football

erod

Reaction score
Like one of the replies said, he extended his career as a backup (here or elsewhere) by another 5 years.
About a million a year
That's a good living!
Chase Daniel has made about $45 million in the league.

erod

Reaction score
Rush is a winner and a gamer. Biggest difference I see between him and Dak is he anticipates the throws and he isn’t afraid to let it go. Prescott waits until the defender and the receiver have separation to throw it.
This is Dak's greatest weakness. Dak needs to see the receiver open, which is way too late in the NFL most of the time.

Rush isn't great at it, but he's much better in that regard. Romo was incredible at anticipating receivers coming open or literally throwing them open.

Until Dak fixes that, he's toast in the NFL. And this is year 7 at 29 years old.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The TD pass to Brown was more about the great catch of a sucky pass than the fact that it was simply a great catch. None of his 19 completions were great. But if it gets us by, I'm good.

That was cool, and did you see Dak do his sky point! Awesome!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I agree, very disappointed his play since he came back from his calf injury. He was much better.the first 6 games in 2021. Then he just started playing scared and it didn't change this first game. Very disappointed in him
But he can smile with the best of them and talk in cliches like Peyton manning.

StarLord

Reaction score
This is Dak's greatest weakness. Dak needs to see the receiver open, which is way too late in the NFL most of the time.

Rush isn't great at it, but he's much better in that regard. Romo was incredible at anticipating receivers coming open or literally throwing them open.

Until Dak fixes that, he's toast in the NFL. And this is year 7 at 29 years old.

If only we could put Coop's brain inside Dak's body...

morat1959

Reaction score
The only reason rush isn't a starter is because he's not physically that great of a QB. His arm strength is mediocre, he accuracy is decent. And his mobility is average. But if you just need him to fill in for a few games and have good enough play calling, and players around him. He can play just good enough to keep you from losing. Which is just fine for a backup QB.

My only hope is Dak is taking notes. Stop hesitating so much and just throw the football. I swear he plays in fear far too much. When he stops thinking and just plays he's a fine QB. But when he plays like the cowardly man like he did on Sunday we get that nonsense. I hope Cooper rush shows him that you don't have to have wide open players and huge throwing lanes to throw the football.
You can’t fix what’s wrong with Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
He did and hopefully he can improve on that with a few more starts...but considering this was only his second start ever, he played very well and did not panic or fold in what had to be considered a must win for us
I think he will always throw ducks, but he threw less yesterday than in the past. So that’s something.

erod

Reaction score
If only we could put Coop's brain inside Dak's body...
You'd still have a weak-armed quarterback with iffy accuracy. LOL

Neither of these guys can hum it. I was at both games, and the ball just fires out of Brady's hand. Burrow, too, but not as much. I don't understand how Brady keeps doing this.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The TD pass to Brown was more about the great catch of a sucky pass than the fact that it was simply a great catch. None of his 19 completions were great. But if it gets us by, I'm good.
Did you see those throws Dak made against Tampa. Brilliant throws for a 40 million dollar QB…