Twitter: Romo's nugget on Cooper Rush

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And Dak has been throwing to Cee Dee Lamb in practice for 2 years now and couldn't hit him stride or anticipate him at all against the Bucs...it's all on tape
1 game against one of the better defenses in the nfl. U guys should just get over dak isnt leaving until after the end of the 2023 season. Thats the only time the $$ makes sense

plymkr

Reaction score
The only reason rush isn't a starter is because he's not physically that great of a QB. His arm strength is mediocre, he accuracy is decent. And his mobility is average. But if you just need him to fill in for a few games and have good enough play calling, and players around him. He can play just good enough to keep you from losing. Which is just fine for a backup QB.

My only hope is Dak is taking notes. Stop hesitating so much and just throw the football. I swear he plays in fear far too much. When he stops thinking and just plays he's a fine QB. But when he plays like the cowardly man like he did on Sunday we get that nonsense. I hope Cooper rush shows him that you don't have to have wide open players and huge throwing lanes to throw the football.
Not to bash Dak but Rush seemed more decisive with his throws. It reminded me when Drew Bledsoe was benched for Romo. Romo seemed like he had a blazing fast release. Bledsoe just hung on to the ball too much. So I'm hoping Dak and Moore are taking notes and the two of them can either gameplan or figure out how to get Dak out of his head. Against the 49ers and Bucs he seemed to be thinking too much. Then hesitation comes in.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think Rush looked far better than Dak. Why? Smarter, better decisions, fewer mistakes, and more accurate. Why would you take him out when Dak returns????
.....don't worry. The opponents' D will take him out and leave him out there. No need to inject Dak in this. Let's see the results. Smarter?......not sure how that subjectively appeared.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
My favorite part about Rush is he doesn't try to itch his chin with his chin strap after a terrible throw.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is Dak's greatest weakness. Dak needs to see the receiver open, which is way too late in the NFL most of the time.

Rush isn't great at it, but he's much better in that regard. Romo was incredible at anticipating receivers coming open or literally throwing them open.

Until Dak fixes that, he's toast in the NFL. And this is year 7 at 29 years old.

Not sure where I read it but last year one GM suggested Dak doesn't throw for laser accuracy ( Aikman, Brady or Rogers ), he throws to a spot and expects his receivers to be where they are supposed to be based on play design. I thought this was interesting because Dak has often mentioned his receivers being where they suppose to be.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not sure where I read it but last year one GM suggested Dak doesn't throw for laser accuracy ( Aikman, Brady or Rogers ), he throws to a spot and expects his receivers to be where they are supposed to be based on play design. I thought this was interesting because Dak has often mentioned his receivers being where they suppose to be.

Most of the best NFL QBs throw to a spot.

Including Aikman.

It's similar to throwing a receiver open.

shabazz

Reaction score
If only we could put Coop's brain inside Dak's body...

Oh hell to the no…..Dak runs like he’s going through molasses. Not trying to put Coop in cement shoes yet.

Dak is damaged goods and is physically regressing every year and becoming injury prone. No sale.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the play is blocked up and he gets rid of it quickly, we're good. I worry about him the longer the play takes. He sees it and throws with good anticipation. Moore for the most part called some high % schemes to give Rush clear reads.

Any time you get 200 yards passing with at least a TD, 65% and no turnovers from the backup QB, you take it 95 times out of 100

He doesn't hold the ball long, though, because his pre-snap reads are pretty solid. That's one of his strengths ... he understands how to diagnose a defense to see where he needs to go with the ball. It makes up some for his lack of arm strength. There was a real good example of this where he dropped the ball into a hole in the zone because he was aware of where that hole would be. If he'd led the receiver (I think it was Brown) to the sideline with the pass, it likely would have gotten broken up or intercepted, but he essentially made the receiver throttle down his route.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You'd still have a weak-armed quarterback with iffy accuracy. LOL

Neither of these guys can hum it. I was at both games, and the ball just fires out of Brady's hand. Burrow, too, but not as much. I don't understand how Brady keeps doing this.
HGH!