Romo's pocket presence

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Undisputed;1665626 said:
Seriously, if you thought the Romo hype was bad BEFORE. Just wait. He has probably got defenders around the league a little worried. The guy has more moves than a military brat damnit! He can't be stopped. Nor can our offense, completely shredding a good defense for the second week in a row.

Not only do defenses have to prepare for Romo, they have to face TO, Witten and the relentless Marion Barbarian. And you gotten know Terry Glenn can't wait to get healthy and take part in this offense, making it even more dangerous. :eek:

ddh33

Reaction score
He's amazing! I can't think of a better word.

You know, the scariest thing about him is seeing him scramble, avoid the rush, and fire the ball 20 plus yards to pick up a big third down and completely demoralize the defense...

There have been some amazing scramblers in this league. What separates Tony from a lot of them is that when he moves in and out of the pocket, he's doing so with the idea of making a big play down field. He isn't a running back. He's still a QB who will kill you with his arm.

theanimal23

Reaction score
I absolutely love Romo. As mentioned, I can't believe we have found our franchise QB. It makes me happy. For the fans who saw all the QB experiments we went through after Troy, it's an unbelievable feeling right now. This kid has great pocket presence, poise, and moxie. I don't think he's an elite QB (Tom, Peyton, Carson), but man, I think he's right there in that 2nd tier with Brees and McNabb. And honestly, a part of me wants to say he is better than them, but I'm not sure if that would be homer-ific or not.