Romo's statement game???

The Panch

Reaction score
djtavo;2517276 said:
If he wins Sunday its not a big game, but again if he loses in the first playoff game he don't win big games, lol.

Great post.
Exactly. rofl @ folks using him having to win a game just to get into the playoffs as the equivalent of getting into the playoffs.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
djtavo;2517276 said:
If he wins Sunday its not a big game, but again if he loses in the first playoff game he don't win big games, lol.

Great post.

If he wins Sunday, it is a big game. And if he loses Sunday, it is a big game.

But if he wins Sunday and then loses the following week, no one will ever remember that he won Sunday (even though, yes, at the time it was a big game).

Just my two cents.

alancdc

Reaction score
Statement game for Garrett. I don't have a lot of confidence he will have a GP that will beat Philly.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
ajk23az;2516723 said:
Yeah I did watch it. I am saying without Romo we don't win that game. Defense played lights out but the offense still has to score. Choice did great and helped set up the touchdowns but he didn't make them.

The problem with your argument is that the Cowboys would have STILL won the game with 27 other quarterbacks currently in the league. Saying without Romo we would have lost the game is really only true when the other two options are BJ and Bollinger.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'll never understand the "Romo has never won a big game" comments. Last I checked, Romo doesn't play defense or catch balls. He doesn't block defensive lineman or blitzing safties to keep himself upright. This is a team game, the COWBOYS haven't won a big game in quite some time, not Romo.

Hopefully the Cowboys as a team win Sunday against the Eagles, so they can shut a lot of people up for another week.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
djtavo;2516487 said:
He has won big games b4 , unfortunately people only seem to think of big games when u lose, For example Giants game = Huge Game, and we won.

Excellent point.

dcjules

Reaction score
mmohican29;2516656 said:
This is Romo's chance to silence critics and bring his career to the next level. A Win in Philly followed by a good run in the playoffs will go a long, long ways.

A Loss in Philly will be catastrophic to his psyche I'm not sure he will survive, because the Cowboys fanbase is this close to turning on him RIGHT NOW.

IMO, he's completely out of excuses at this point. He's not playing like the QB we paid for. It's time Tony. No excuses.

My point is that this may be his last chance to step up and silence those critics, a loss or should I say a bad performance may seal his fate with the fanbase, team and more importantly himself!!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
statement games in 2008 already...

steelers - bad loss
giants - bus drove a victory (mostly due to defense & no jacobs)
ravens - bad home loss

not looking good if you're holding your breath waiting for statement games.

he's highly paid and has a long-term contract. big expectations from his owner/gm.

he won't silence any critic whatsoever unless he has big numbers (or no turnovers) in a superbowl victory.

dcjules;2516352 said:
The term has been so much its been overused, but why not use it again. We talk about the last 2 playoff losses, the failures in december, then the 2 straight off seasons to see how Tony reacts at coming up short, how the team also reacts, but more specifically Romo, does he have it, can he bounce back etc.... If this upcoming game against the Eagles is a december stinko??? Whoa!!! Let the critics at him, he will truly be in for it. Romo may not realize it, but this may be the biggest game yet of his young career, the statement game!!! If he fails, doubt surely is in all of us, if he pulls out the W, he can set aside that doubt and make those critics eat their words....at least until the next big game!!

Win or go Home!!!

alancdc

Reaction score
dcjules;2517598 said:
My point is that this may be his last chance to step up and silence those critics, a loss or should I say a bad performance may seal his fate with the fanbase, team and more importantly himself!!

Certainly will be a L O N G offseason for him without a playoff win. I would however, say that this year alone he has had "statement" wins against Philly at GB, at that time both teams 2-0 and us coming off that huge win against Philly, and at WASHINGTON.