Romo's statement game???

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Real1st;2516788 said:
1.Peyton Manning---yes

2.Tom Brady---yes

3.Brett Favre ---brett freakin favre?! :lmao: whatever credit you had, it left right here. The guy was the biggest choker today. take a 40 yr old over Romo, :laugh2: Loses to the lowly Seahawks. Romo tore the Seahawks apart.

4.Carson Palmer ---The same Palmer that will have Tommy John surgery? Only one QB (jake delhomme) has come back from TJS.

5.Drew Brees ---yes

6.D.McNabb :lmao: The same guy that got benched this year. donovan mcnabb...are you serious, your a joke...

7.Eli Manning --- borderline yes

8.Ben Rothelisberger--Oh so having that Steelers D, Big Ben wins games for them huh? Nice contradicting statement there.

9. Jay Cutler --The same guy that could lead his team to a .500 record this year and didn't make the playoffs last year? What a stud.

10. Matt Ryan---What a reach right there. 1 good year doesnt put you in the top 10. What if Ryan loses his 1st playoff game? Is he a choker? In your mind, yes he is. :rolleyes:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I'm not even going to argue with a guy that thinks BRETT FREAKIN FAVRE & Donovan McNabb are better than Romo :lmao2:

Romo missed 2 games and has 3 more Tds than Favre. McNabb is just horrible...

Pathetic...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2516788 said:
1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Brett Favre
4.Carson Palmer
5.Drew Brees
6.D.McNabb
7.Eli Manning
8.Ben Rothelisberger
9. Jay Cutler
10. Matt Ryan

None of those guys you listed are better than Romo check the stats and romo missed 3 games......Jay Cutler turns the ball over ever game....Jets lost to the Seahawks...Mcnabb chcokes Ben is the most overrated QB ever....ELi......Mcnabb....trash...Palmer....hasn't been good in 3 years and Brees i'd prefer Romo....Ryan isn't even in the conversation what a joke a lot of hype over average QB play...

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
ajk23az;2516817 said:

Brett Favre.. Wins playoff games. and has won a SB.

Romo hasn't done **** Favre has.

Carson Palmer on a crap team but still puts up good numbers.

D.McNabb. Hasn't had a legit #1 receiver since T.O. Hasn't been healthy at all. When healthy McNabb is one of the better QBs of the league. Did i mention he atleast has won a playoff game?

Big Ben. Everyone wants to say its his defense blah blah blah simply not true. He has had games where he has put his team on his back. a SB winner and still young.

Jay Cutler on a terrible team and still puts up decent numbers. He is young and will get better ever year and hopfully a better supporting cast.

Matt Ryan has shown more poise this season and in a big game than Romo has show in his whole entire starting career.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2516866 said:
None of those guys you listed are better than Romo check the stats and romo missed 3 games......Jay Cutler turns the ball over ever game....Jets lost to the Seahawks...Mcnabb chcokes Ben is the most overrated QB ever....ELi......Mcnabb....trash...Palmer....hasn't been good in 3 years and Brees i'd prefer Romo....Ryan isn't even in the conversation what a joke a lot of hype over average QB play...

You can't even spell and you cannot put a correct sentence together. You just blabbed. You say McNabb chokes but what does your boy Romo do in big games?? Matt Ryan is a rookie and has shown more poise than Romo . Brett Favre was on a 13-3 team that he took to the NFC Championship last year. Now he is on a team that was terrible last year and he now has them in the playoff race.. Alot of cowboys fans underrate Favre because of their hate. Palmer is light years ahead of Romo in awareness and passing. Eli, last year i wouldn't have taken him over Romo but seeing how he has grown since last years playoffs shows me that he is growing as a QB and getting better. Big Ben is a winner. Romo a loser.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
The Panch;2516365 said:
This dude gets a hundred chances at statement games and just states that the critics should keep on keeping on.

The only statement he made to me from his post game presser was he's still an ignorant little punk.

if people were judged by what they say after such an emotional game..many of us should check our own thoughts and comments.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Real1st;2516502 said:
LOL Defense and Tashard Choice is the reason why we won that game. Romo didn't carry the team. Romo just didn't turn the ball over like he always does like an idiot. He actually took care of the ball.

Well if you want to go that route than we can say that the Baltimore game was lost due to our defense and not Romo.

But like i said, its only a big game when he loses the game. If Romo wins a huge game than no one points out it was a big game (Giants Vs Cowboys).

Wasn't the win in Washington huge? Wasn't beating the Giants huge? Let's not forget about big wins last season on the road against Chicago, Philly and the Giants. Or the win on Monday Night Football against Green Bay that essentially clinched home field advantage for the Cowboys throughout the playoffs.

Again, He won those games so they are not big games.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
djtavo;2516487 said:
He has won big games b4 , unfortunately people only seem to think of big games when u lose, For example Giants game = Huge Game, and we won.

See, here's my beef with it all.

Romo's problem is twofold:

1) He hasn't won a playoff game

2) He hasn't had a winning December

He has won "big" games before. You don't go 13-3, 9-6 and whatever he was his first year and not win some big games along the way. As you said, the NYG win was huge.

His problem, though, is that he has so far been unable to follow up any of those big December wins with another one. I mean, the Giants game seems like lightyears ago and almost meaningless at this point -- even though it obviously wasn't without meaning.

He has had game-winning drives, big wins and beaten good teams. But he's never done it time and time again in December, and he's never won a playoff game. Those are the monkeys on his back.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
RainMan;2517191 said:

He has won "big" games before. You don't go 13-3, 9-6 and whatever he was his first year and not win some big games along the way. As you said, the NYG win was huge.

His problem, though, is that he has so far been unable to follow up any of those big December wins with another one. I mean, the Giants game seems like lightyears ago and almost meaningless at this point -- even though it obviously wasn't without meaning.

He has had game-winning drives, big wins and beaten good teams. But he's never done it time and time again in December, and he's never won a playoff game. Those are the monkeys on his back.

I understand what ur saying and i agree with the things your saying, but what bothers me is when people expect him to win every single game and be a Tom Brady, for Christ's sake its only his 2nd full season as a starter.
That's part of his evolution as a QB. You simply can't rush the maturation process of a QB.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2516443 said:
The whole team was booed off the field last night. Romo didn't give up two 74+ yard TDs inside of the last 3 minutes of the game. There is blame all around.

It seems like every game is the statement game because we keep losing big after winning big. I don't care how ugly it is, I hope we win in Philly next week and make it to the post season. Anything can happen after that and I want to see what happens.
what usually happens for a team [like Dallas] that is as mistake-prone and singular in their lack of attention to detail is an early playoff exit...expect a differenct level of preparation and effort by opponents and their coaches...Dallas had its clocked cleaned at home last year...PHI, MN/CHI, NYG, CAR/ATL...has Dallas won 4 straight all year? NO, and they've given no reason why they should be favored for performing such a feat in the heat of the playoffs, nevermind that they are all road games for a team that is bruised, beaten, inconsistent on offense/defense and making the same mistakes they've made all season...they simply can't close the deal...that is the team personified.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
cmacch;2516452 said:
The only time Tony will ever make a statement other than "I'm a big choke" will be if/when he leads his team to multiple Super Bowl wins.

Sorry, but your statement had to be corrected to fit the view of the average "spoiled" Dallas Cowboys fan :)

It never fails to amaze me how quickly the fan base of the Cowboys will turn on the team's QB:laugh2:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2517239 said:
Sorry, but your statement had to be corrected to fit the view of the average "spoiled" Dallas Cowboys fan :)

It never fails to amaze me how quickly the fan base of the Cowboys will turn on the team's QB:laugh2:

I was too young to watch the Cowboys during the White years, but when I first became a fan I always wondered how a quarterback that took a team to 3-straight conference championships could be so hated.

But seeing the fans react to Romo the last two seasons has enabled me to see how White is essentially listed in the "villains" section of the Cowboys history book.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
RainMan;2517191 said:

The Cowboys coaching staff would do a great service for Tony Romo if they would actually learn from the teams that have had success in December and January. It seems that playoff and Super Bowl winners help their quarterbacks by running the ball well and utilizing a short, controlled passing attack.

The Cowboys offense seems to be predicated entirely on the vertical passing game, which forces the QB to make difficult throws into tight coverage, especially when good defense are focused on stopping the pass. If the Cowboys ran more effectively, the vertical throws would be easier.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Let me contribute one more thing to this thread.

The great thing about sports is that for as long as one's career is ongoing there's always another statement game.

Sometimes players morph into heroes when, previously, there was no such signs it would come. Look at Kevin Garnett and Eli Manning becoming champions within the past year.

Romo's a goat right now, and is deservedly questioned. But if he can win Sunday, he has a chance to change everything. And we can all use past history to predict how we think the outcome will go, but the truth is we don't know. That, and that alone, is what makes it all so great.

It'll be interesting to see the tone of the board in two weeks. Romo will either have turned it around, and there will be threads asking if he's the third best QB in our team's history; or there will be even more threads begging for competition at the QB spot next season.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2517245 said:
The Cowboys coaching staff would do a great service for Tony Romo if they would actually learn from the teams that have had success in December and January. It seems that playoff and Super Bowl winners help their quarterbacks by running the ball well and utilizing a short, controlled passing attack.

The Cowboys offense seems to be predicated entirely on the vertical passing game, which forces the QB to make difficult throws into tight coverage, especially when good defense are focused on stopping the pass. If the Cowboys ran more effectively, the vertical throws would be easier.

:bow:

I agree entirely.

There's certainly a much different "formula" to winning in December and January than there is in September and October. Truly, it's not hyperbole to say it's a different game this time of year.

Romo hasn't learned how to adjust and play winning December football. But as you said, his coaching staff has done absolutely NOTHING to help him take that next step. Which is just part of the reason why I hope Garrett and Wilson are ushered out of town this offseason.

We have a fine young quarterback who is coachable, passionate and crazily gifted, and it's as if our coaching staff looks at that and says, "OK, well at least we don't have to worry about him." :bang2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Monster Heel;2517196 said:
I've given up hope of Romo ever playing a statement game.

I know how this works. It will only be considered a "statement game" if he wins.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
RainMan;2517257 said:
:bow:

I agree entirely.

There's certainly a much different "formula" to winning in December and January than there is in September and October. Truly, it's not hyperbole to say it's a different game this time of year.

Romo hasn't learned how to adjust and play winning December football. But as you said, his coaching staff has done absolutely NOTHING to help him take that next step. Which is just part of the reason why I hope Garrett and Wilson are ushered out of town this offseason.

We have a fine young quarterback who is coachable, passionate and crazily gifted, and it's as if our coaching staff looks at that and says, "OK, well at least we don't have to worry about him." :bang2:

Many threads are suggesting that Eli is superior to Tony. And while I concede that a valid argument can be made in support of the suggestion, I also think Manning would struggle greatly if his coaching staff asked of him what the Cowboys coaching staff asks of Romo.

Eli has a dominant ground attack and benefits from a coaching staff who's willing to force the run even when the numbers dictate otherwise.

I'm not criticizing Manning, whom I've always felt was a good quarterback even before he won the Super Bowl. I'm only wishing that the Cowboys organization would put Romo in a better position, like the Giants have done with Eli.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbgun;2517266 said:
I know how this works. It will only be considered a "statement game" if he wins.

There's another side to that coin: It's only considered a big game when he loses.

The truth is in the middle.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
RainMan;2517251 said:
Let me contribute one more thing to this thread.

The great thing about sports is that for as long as one's career is ongoing there's always another statement game.

Sometimes players morph into heroes when, previously, there was no such signs it would come. Look at Kevin Garnett and Eli Manning becoming champions within the past year.

Romo's a goat right now, and is deservedly questioned. But if he can win Sunday, he has a chance to change everything. And we can all use past history to predict how we think the outcome will go, but the truth is we don't know. That, and that alone, is what makes it all so great.

It'll be interesting to see the tone of the board in two weeks. Romo will either have turned it around, and there will be threads asking if he's the third best QB in our team's history; or there will be even more threads begging for competition at the QB spot next season.

If he wins Sunday its not a big game, but again if he loses in the first playoff game he don't win big games, lol.

Great post.