Ron Brace Mentions Cowboys and Dolphins

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just wouldn't take him till our 3rd round pick. If it means Miami or Pittsburgh pick him up, fine, but I'd rather address some other position in round 2.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I think he is the missing piece in putting this defense over the top. I would take him with our 1st pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He is very much on my radar with our 2nd round pick or Cleveland's 3rd round pick. Start him and move Ratliff to Canty's DE spot. Instant upgrade to the DL.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He's my "Pet Cat" in this years draft, I would take him with our first pick because a lot of teams are starting to run the 3-4 again and those NG's will be even harder to find.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think it's imperative they find a monster nose tackle...Ratliff is going to wear down eventually having to be double teamed on a regular basis. His best position is the end in this defense, which is scary considering the guy is a Pro-bowler at the nose.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
It's almost a 2-for-1 pick with Brace. Two positions are quickly filled with one pick..NT and Ratliff replacing Canty at DE. Rat can still play NT to spell Brace and give the defense another look.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
please guys, don't get hung up on Ron Brace, next year's DT class is loaded, and we'll have a 1st

all Brace can do is take on blocks

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2639146 said:
please guys, don't get hung up on Ron Brace, next year's DT class is loaded, and we'll have a 1st

Thats what a NT is suppose to do. That's like saying don't get hung up on Malcolm Jenkins..all he does is get interceptions.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2639150 said:
Thats what a NT is suppose to do. That's like saying don't get hung up on Malcolm Jenkins..all he does is get interceptions.

you want a NT who can hold up blocks AND push the pocket

Brace only does one of those

we want a Jamaal Williams, Brace is no Jamaal Williams

everyone wants a safety, everyone wants a NT, this year is just not that year for those

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2639152 said:

everyone wants a safety, everyone wants a NT, this year is just not that year for those

Not sure I agree with you on this one, I think Brace is as close to a JW clone as you will find..he can hold up blocks and is able to collapse a pocket pretty well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2639199 said:
Not sure I agree with you on this one, I think Brace is as close to a JW clone as you will find..he can hold up blocks and is able to collapse a pocket pretty well.

I watched him in the Senior Bowl, and he didn't collapse the pocket, not once

and NFLDS says he wont' give you much of a pass-rush, and won't split many double-team blocks

I just think he's not worth a 2nd, and much better DTs will be available next year

taking him w/ our 2nd would be like taking Shante Carver with our 2nd (1st pick) in '97

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2639152 said:

There's some pretty good safeties in the draft this year. I'm not sold on Brace either. I'd rather let Ratliff continue to beast at the NT position then draft a DE.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2639351 said:
There's some pretty good safeties in the draft this year. I'm not sold on Brace either. I'd rather let Ratliff continue to beast at the NT position then draft a DE.

I'm in that boat as well.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2639351 said:

I think the faster Ratliff is moved outside the better, because there are very few barely 300lbs playing the nose in the 3-4, especially over an extended period of time.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iRoot4Losers;2639146 said:

Are you saying he is a blocker magnet.

YES!!!!!

(old joke)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
With 11 picks and maybe more with possibilites of Ellis or Henry getting traded. I'd like to see the Cowboys get 2 2nd round picks or a 2nd and 2 thrird rounders. I think with that many picks you have to get some quality players. Only 6-7 rookies are going to make the team anyway.

Imagine Ron Brace,Sean Smith and grabbing Mckillop and Sidbury in the same draft. It's possible and that could be a hell of a draft class.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2639378 said:
Are you saying he is a blocker magnet.

YES!!!!!

(old joke)
Oh, when you talk like that, I get all melancholy for the good old days.

That thread was greatness.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2639362 said:
I think the faster Ratliff is moved outside the better, because there are very few barely 300lbs playing the nose in the 3-4, especially over an extended period of time.

There's even a fewer number of 3-4 NT putting up his numbers.