Ron Brace Mentions Cowboys and Dolphins

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2639110 said:
It's almost a 2-for-1 pick with Brace. Two positions are quickly filled with one pick..NT and Ratliff replacing Canty at DE. Rat can still play NT to spell Brace and give the defense another look.
Not only that but it helps the lbers when you have a guy who can free you up to make tackles. That's why Ray Lewis loves Ngata so much. Give Jurazek a training camp with this guy and watch him become the anchor for our defense.

dmoore

Reaction score
I don't want to move Ratliff. He's been great at NT and I don't see how he could possibly be more productive at DE. I hope they bring in another NT for depth, but I don't think they should use an early pick on one. Brace is interesting though.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2639522 said:
There's even a fewer number of 3-4 NT putting up his numbers.

I understand your point, trust me I think the guy is a great NT, but he started to fade down the stretch and I really think alot of this was due to him wearing down:

First ten games: 6 sacks
Last six 1.5 sacks

I just think transitioning the guy outside now will save him a few years on his career and give the Cowboys an extra few years of top production from a guy who relies heavily on his motor and his heart.

Matt

Reaction score
dmoore;2639615 said:
I don't want to move Ratliff. He's been great at NT and I don't see how he could possibly be more productive at DE. I hope they bring in another NT for depth, but I don't think they should use an early pick on one. Brace is interesting though.

The point is, that Rat is an undersized NT for the 34. He can only produce for his size at the position for so long, so he may not produce more at DE, but it would be more consistent then NT for his career.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2640157 said:
all Rat needs is a guy to provide some quality snaps in a support role

I agree. I think Sammy Lee Hill would be perfect for spelling Rat on certain downs and get him rested. Rat could then play some DE also.

Although I wouldnt mind 2 2nd rounders..Sean Smith and Ron Brace..ohh I like to dream.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2640162 said:
I agree. I think Sammy Lee Hill would be perfect for spelling Rat on certain downs and get him rested. Rat could then play some DE also.

Although I wouldnt mind 2 2nd rounders..Sean Smith and Ron Brace..ohh I like to dream.

hell, Sammie could switch between spelling Rat and starting at DE

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Just read an interview Brace had with scout.com and he said he wants to be not only known as a space eater but a pass rushing DT as well. He said people thought that of Haynesworth when he came into the league so he is training with the same guy who helped Haynesworth.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2640257 said:
Just read an interview Brace had with scout.com and he said he wants to be not only known as a space eater but a pass rushing DT as well. He said people thought that of Haynesworth when he came into the league so he is training with the same guy who helped Haynesworth.

Okay I'm sold..we are drafting Ron Brace.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2640269 said:
Okay I'm sold..we are drafting Ron Brace.
I love his attitude. The guy wants to be the best, he's not just happy being in the Nfl like alot of guys. He wants to be the best and he's taking steps to achieve his goals.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2640432 said:
I love his attitude. The guy wants to be the best, he's not just happy being in the Nfl like alot of guys. He wants to be the best and he's taking steps to achieve his goals.

Is he? Maybe he can develop more pass rush moves.....

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I just took a quick peek at Dave Halpren's blog, and he has an article up on Brace. Again, Brace specifically mentions his interview with the Cowboys. It stands out to him. At least, the Cowboys are interested.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2638818 said:
He is very much on my radar with our 2nd round pick or Cleveland's 3rd round pick. Start him and move Ratliff to Canty's DE spot. Instant upgrade to the DL.

Couldn't agree more.