Twitter: Ron Leary wants to return

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do @dallascowboys need a tough-guy guard who can still bully people?
Fisher is asking the wrong question.

Is Leary's knee in sound condition or not? With Leary it's all about his health.

If he is healthy, then it becomes about money. Is he willing to play for what the Cowboys will offer?

Sure any team could use a tough-guy bully at OG. But Leary isn't going to be handed a spot on the 53 because he is a former Cowboy.

Gaede

Reaction score
Definitely bring him back. I'm not sold on either of our two young guys and Leary gives us a better backup option than we had last year. I don't know the stats, but it seems to me that the run game hasn't been the same without him.

aria

Reaction score
I’m starting to sniff a Super Bowl now! This roster is already so loaded with talent that we’re letting a top corner in the league walk because he only covers half the field but doesn’t get enough INT’s, now we’re talking about bringing Dez and Leary back! Hopefully we can talk Aikman out of the booth and maybe even get the Manster back out there.

Super Bowl bound baby!

Carson

Reaction score
Absolutely. Hopefully a decent veteran deal. Let McGovern learn under Leary and he will be ready next season.

Leary always seems to have that nasty attitude about him we need.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Today's Ron Leary is not better than Joe Looney, at least not healthwise and also due to age. Plus, Looney can play both Guard and Center very well. That puts Looney above Leary.

Then we've got the two young stud Guards in Connor Williams and Connor McGovern. Plus, add in veteran Xavier Su'a-Filo. Then add in their backups in Cody Wichmann and Adam Redmond. All of them are young and definitely much younger and healthier than Ron Leary.

I don't see how Coach McCarthy would want to bring back an old, over the hill, constant knee injured Guard back to the Cowboys over any of the much younger and healthier Guards we currently have?