Twitter: Ron Leary wants to return

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
How much is Joe Looney.. That’s what I want to know.
Looney's a guy I'd like to bring back provided he's not overpriced.
Let him and McGovern battle it out for the LG spot.
Otherwise, it might not be a terrible idea to bring Leary back on maybe a vet minimum deal.
That knee better check out first, though.

chagus

Reaction score
I’m starting to sniff a Super Bowl now! This roster is already so loaded with talent that we’re letting a top corner in the league walk because he only covers half the field but doesn’t get enough INT’s, now we’re talking about bringing Dez and Leary back! Hopefully we can talk Aikman out of the booth and maybe even get the Manster back out there.

Super Bowl bound baby!

COOLSTORY.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don’t we just bring back any good former Cowboys player? Dez, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, Emmitt...LarryAllen’s probably available. He’s a HOFer. I bet Roger has one good year left in him. If we could get Troy at the right price and maybe convince him to be a backup. Randy White could help shore up our DL.

The list could go on and on...

Just because someone was good here 6 years ago doesn’t mean they can still play. There’s a reason Ron Leary is available. There are probably 10 FAs and 10 rookies waiting to be drafted that are better and with upside. The future ain’t the past! Geez.

Kwyn

Reaction score
As long as he makes what the fans decide is appropriate.
Lol, I love it!

mid he asks for a dollar more than the Fan Zone finds appropriate (vet minimum) then he will be showing his true colors!

Reactions: G2

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why don’t we just bring back any good former Cowboys player? Dez, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, Emmitt...LarryAllen’s probably available. He’s a HOFer. I bet Roger has one good year left in him. If we could get Troy at the right price and maybe convince him to be a backup. Randy White could help shore up our DL.

The list could go on and on...

Just because someone was good here 6 years ago doesn’t mean they can still play. There’s a reason Ron Leary is available. There are probably 10 FAs and 10 rookies waiting to be drafted that are better and with upside. The future ain’t the past! Geez.
Agreed, BH, but Dez is actually looking pretty good, in much better shape and fully healed from his torn achilles.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Also a couple retweets from people wanting him back.

PFF of 58.4.

That don't sound good. 30 years old with declining performance.

For comparison, XSF is PFF of 60 and 29 years old. Similar player in terms of strengths and weaknesses, with better numbers and more recent relations.

Leary doesn't sound like a hot property anymore.

SSoup

Reaction score
Everybody claims they want to be a Cowboy when the open market is calling or if the draft is about to happen. Because they know we have an addle-minded dupe for a GM who is easy to use for leverage or to boost the perception they're in demand just to improve their value.

At the end of the day, when guys claim they want to be Cowboys, the day almost always comes when they hit the open market and they almost always run to some other team, proving it was just talk all along when they (or their agents) dragged our name into the mix.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Come on people. In case you haven't noticed, Dallas wants youth & not past has-beens.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
PFF of 58.4.

That don't sound good. 30 years old with declining performance.

For comparison, XSF is PFF of 60 and 29 years old. Similar player in terms of strengths and weaknesses, with better numbers and more recent relations.

Leary doesn't sound like a hot property anymore.

That just it, I'm not sure you're getting the same Leary that played his last game as a Cowboy a few years ago.