Ron Rivera interviewing for Eagles DC

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Plus he is already familiar with the NFCE. That would be a good hire. Dallas needs to look into Vrabel, c'mon Jerry, fire DQ already and get cracking.
I don't see Vrabel taking a coordinator job. He's gonna get another HC job somewhere. He's interviewing with the Falcons this week, and there is some speculation that Vrabel could get the Seattle job over Quinn.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't see Vrabel taking a coordinator job. He's gonna get another HC job somewhere. He's interviewing with the Falcons this week, and there is some speculation that Vrabel could get the Seattle job over Quinn.
Agreed. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get another Head Coaching position.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Some of those Commander defenses weren’t as good as the rankings though. They were so bad offensively teams played conservatively.
Sometimes. But in those two years they won the NFC East and finished 8-8-1 in the other with up and down Olines, no dominant run game, and most importantly no QB. They were beating good teams with defense alone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sometimes. But in those two years they won the NFC East and finished 8-8-1 in the other with up and down Olines, no dominant run game, and most importantly no QB. They were beating good teams with defense alone.
Barely they were winning 8 games….got lucky one year NFC East was weak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A job is a job.
He also knows the defense better than we do. No one made us look worse than his team always somehow did.

Would be beneficial to have the guy in the building who has an intimate knowledge of our players’ flaws

Aven8

Reaction score
He also knows the defense better than we do. No one made us look worse than his team always somehow did.

Would be beneficial to have the guy in the building who has an intimate knowledge of our players’ flaws
You have the hogs he likes upfront, and he could turn Carter into a monster. You do have a lot of age on the Dline, your LB core needs to be replaced and most of your secondary however. But I trust Howie will get that done.

We’re opposite. Our secondary is good, but we need all new LB’s and several DLineman.

Going to be a coup for good LB’s this offseason with this copy cat league. Everyone will envy SF and Balty this playoff run.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's keep hiring from within, maybe we should interview the guy the eagles just fired!!!! Hey just keep it all in the family! lol
What are you talking about. Dan Quin wasn't from within. If we hired the Eagles guy it wouldn't be from within, although I don't know why we would want the Eagles guy.

Or by "within" do you mean from within the NFL rather than from within the team? If so, Rivera was a successful & well respected DC before becoming a head coach, so why wouldn't he be considered by the Eagles? It's been proven repeatedly that a coach can be a great coordinator even if he isn't a great head coach.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Hmmmmm..... he's there interviewing.

As a HC he's no good.

Whenever he's just been a DC, he's usually been very good. (Led SanDiego to #1 overall defense last time he was a DC)

We shall see

EJK24

Reaction score
Hmmmmm..... he's there interviewing.

As a HC he's no good.

Whenever he's just been a DC, he's usually been very good. (Led SanDiego to #1 overall defense last time he was a DC)

We shall see

With the talent he had in Washington on the d-line, it didn't seem like his defense was as good as it should have been. I don't know where they wound up statistically but Sweat, Young, Payne, and Allen seems like a stacked front, yet they never really accomplished much.