Ron Rivera interviewing for Eagles DC

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
With the talent he had in Washington on the d-line, it didn't seem like his defense was as good as it should have been. I don't know where they wound up statistically but Sweat, Young, Payne, and Allen seems like a stacked front, yet they never really accomplished much.
As a head coach he just couldn't focus on that 1 thing... he even was responsible for player acquisition to some degree, so like half of a GM job.

Wherever he ends up....maybe he will just learn his lesson and "stay in his lane" as only a DC. It's probably what he enjoys the most anyway....and I seriously doubt money us an issue after his Wash and Carolina HC stints

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is comical. Rivera and Siriani would mix like oil and water and could spell the end for Nick.
I've always thought of Rivera as a pretty low key dude. I don't see him as a guy that goes into new environments and starts throwing his weight around.

And as far as Siri...I think he knows he better keep a low profile and not cause any waves....IF he survives (which it appears he will, just with less power, as it seems the Eagles owner/GM have relieved Siri of coach hiring duties)

So what you will about philly....but they are NOT Jerruh and The Idiot: they see something they dont like, they move quickly, and keep everyone on their toes, and demand results.

Jerruh just makes a few scripted messages to the press, pats his coaches on the rear, and gets back to counting his money and urinating in his depends.

I'm sure it's a lot more fun and relaxed working for Jerruh, as you can get away with anything, and nobody holds you accountable

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What are you talking about. Dan Quin wasn't from within. If we hired the Eagles guy it wouldn't be from within, although I don't know why we would want the Eagles guy.

Or by "within" do you mean from within the NFL rather than from within the team? If so, Rivera was a successful & well respected DC before becoming a head coach, so why wouldn't he be considered by the Eagles? It's been proven repeatedly that a coach can be a great coordinator even if he isn't a great head coach.
Sorry I meant hiring from within the division so so sorry!! Pass around coaches from the NFC East. Rivera goes to the eagles, losai comes here lol

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Makes sense.

He's a quality, if unspectacular DC, which would be an upgrade for them. Further, it was reported by one of the beat writers that Lurie is looking for some "veteran" leadership on the staff going forward to help Sirianni.
Rivera used to be a linebacker coach for the Eagles many years ago. It might have been under Jim Johnson.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Isn't Rivera more of the "old" Tampa 2 type defense coordinator?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Philthy can have him.
Piece of crap human being. A fraud.
Dude fined his friend $100k.

Their fanbase will rip him apart.

bigE79

Reaction score
No big deal, he's just a name at this point, when he took over the skins defense,it got worse.let the egals have him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerrah gonna run it back and bring in Garrett as a quality control consultant. Just wait for it.