Ron Rivera Out

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IF Jerry hires a new coach after this year, I hope the new coach can pick his own coaching staff and not get suck with whoever jerry hires for them
Agreed. That's nearly the only way it'll work

JustChip

Reaction score
IF Jerry hires a new coach after this year, I hope the new coach can pick his own coaching staff and not get suck with whoever jerry hires for them
Chances of that are very slim.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Really bad decision by the Panthers IMO. The Panthers season never had a chance with Kyle Allen, so scapegoating an othèrwise pretty successful coach for the backup QB's failures is bizarre. Rivera is a defensive guy, and AFAIK the Panthers defense was playing well.

John813

Reaction score
No surprise. always seemed he was on the hot seat for years.

Probably get another shot as a HC before being lucky for coordinator gigs if he flames out again.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really bad decision by the Panthers IMO. The Panthers season never had a chance with Kyle Allen, so scapegoating an othèrwise pretty successful coach for the backup QB's failures is bizarre. Rivera is a defensive guy, and AFAIK the Panthers defense was playing well.
That's and he's a relatable guy who also coaches with discipline. No idea why they'd make Rivera the sacrificial lamb when their QB has been playing terrible football for the last 4-5 weeks

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As a DC yes Id take him

We need an offensive minded head coach with this QB we have

I think it's the opposite. Our defense can't get turnovers and our special teams stink. The QB coach and OC are essential to Dak.

This team needs to stop relying on offense to overcome everything else and become a complete team. That's why the 90s teams won.