Ron Rivera Out

MikeB80

Reaction score
He’s my top choice for DC. Not proven to be a top notch HC. He’s a defensive version of Garrett and a little more aggressive.

Why would he have to be DC though? I agree 100% with you and would love him as the DC going forward but if I am him I don't think I am in hurry to be a coordinator after being a HC that long.

and the man he worked for previously and went to the superbowl with is about to fire his coach in four weeks in New York.

Ron Rivera taking the Giants job and Garrett getting fired would probably mean Garrett is not a head coach next year unless one of the teams from Ohio had interest or the Commanders.

InTheZone

Reaction score
this is what happens when coaches continue to remain stubborn with pieces that are not fit for the job. They rode the hot hand in Cam and held onto him for loo long after he was used up. That's just one example of their issues. Can't have an offense get derailed because of emotional attachments to a player, let him go. I get they have a backup playing right now, but Cam was 0-8 in his last 8 games and they were hoping for him to get healthy to play? Come on now.

How's their defense doing? Look at a lot of teams clinging onto their QB thinking they're going to be something they're not (Cam was a threat at one point though). Some have been benched recently, some will get benched or released within the next couple of years. Stop sticking with what doesn't work.

cern

Reaction score
Barely a week ago the Panthers owner said he would not tolerate long term mediocrity. Seems he's doesn't share Jerry's patience. It will be interesting to see if this move lights a fire under the Panthers butts. Such resolute action is needed in Dallas.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
in the past this is where Washington would give up a bunch of picks and then give him a huge extension.

But they just drafted a guy so that won't happen. Can't imagine Carolina releases cam newton.

This, not after the last 5 games.

dckid

Reaction score
He wont stay unemployed long.

A team that won't saddle him with Cam Newton is going to do well.
Sorry I disagree. I don't understand why Cam has been the whipping boy for so many people? Is he too outspoken? Does he have a unique dressing style? Is he cocky?
Rivera would still have a job if Cam was QB and not Allen. Cam has been to a SB and won an MVP. The last time we even sniffed a SB was 1996.

But the real discussion is why does Garrett have a job? Jerry's ego is what prevents him from firing Jerry. He would have to admit the past 9 years were a sham! Jerry does not know how to run his team like the rest of his business. We are stuck in a vicious cycle as Cowboy fans. Jerry needs to stand up and point the finger at himself, but he can never do that because he is right by definition.
He does not value coaching at all. He made a drunken statement in 1994 and can never go back on what he said. Coaching is probably the most important thing. Coaching takes Goff to a SB.
Coaching allows you to win 4 straight games with your backup QB ( Saints)
Coaching lets you got 11-5 with Matt Cassell.
Coaching allows you to be a playoff contender when you Franchise QB retires one week before the season.
Coaching lets you be 7-5 with your franchise QB getting injured in week 1 and guy named Duck leading your team.
Coaching requires you to change your mindset and offense around an amazing QB like Lamar Jackson

Should I go on?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Sorry I disagree. I don't understand why Cam has been the whipping boy for so many people? Is he too outspoken? Does he have a unique dressing style? Is he cocky?
Rivera would still have a job if Cam was QB and not Allen. Cam has been to a SB and won an MVP. The last time we even sniffed a SB was 1996.

But the real discussion is why does Garrett have a job? Jerry's ego is what prevents him from firing Jerry. He would have to admit the past 9 years were a sham! Jerry does not know how to run his team like the rest of his business. We are stuck in a vicious cycle as Cowboy fans. Jerry needs to stand up and point the finger at himself, but he can never do that because he is right by definition.
He does not value coaching at all. He made a drunken statement in 1994 and can never go back on what he said. Coaching is probably the most important thing. Coaching takes Goff to a SB.
Coaching allows you to win 4 straight games with your backup QB ( Saints)
Coaching lets you got 11-5 with Matt Cassell.
Coaching allows you to be a playoff contender when you Franchise QB retires one week before the season.
Coaching lets you be 7-5 with your franchise QB getting injured in week 1 and guy named Duck leading your team.
Coaching requires you to change your mindset and offense around an amazing QB like Lamar Jackson

Should I go on?

besides the obvious with Jerry and Garrett. The other reasons he is not fired yet are pretty simple.
1. They are in first place.
2. This staff is horrible and there is no one worthy of really stepping into the head coach slot even as an interim. No way Marinelli wants that burden attached to him before he retires next month.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Owner with some balls firing a coach with 4 games left. See Jerry you can do it.
And this coach had a very solid track record.

Not like the pet under Jerrah's desk, Garrett.

Rivera would do well here. The offensive staff has Dak moving forward but that can be handled.

Richard can take over from Marinelli and the defense will be fine. Jerrah can keep him to help Rivera.

Rivera would have the tough attitude we need to go further.

We will see.

Jerrah..pickup the phone. Your calendar should be free after January 1st.

We all know making changes gets old..

but that's the way it goes.

You have your yatch and your bus and your plane.

Retire son. Your world will not stop. Let Stephen do the job. You built him for it.

Last edited:

dckid

Reaction score
besides the obvious with Jerry and Garrett. The other reasons he is not fired yet are pretty simple.
1. They are in first place.
2. This staff is horrible and there is no one worthy of really stepping into the head coach slot even as an interim. No way Marinelli wants that burden attached to him before he retires next month.

I don't agree with your reasons even if they maybe true. Being first place @6-6 is a fire able offense with the talent this team has.
The real reason his is not fired is because JG really has no authority. The man is paralyzed on the sideline. Jerry is the one who pulls the strings. Once a player is here more than a couple of months they know they can go around the coach.
Jerry has made the HC position a sham. Jerry does not care about SB's. Judge him by his actions not his words. There is no reason why the Cowboys have not been in a championship game in 24 years. Culture, Culture, Culture.
Our infrastructure sucks. A 5 billion dollar corporation, being run like a mom and pop shop. Jerry has lined his pockets many times over, he has become an ultra wealthy man from 1994 to now. He got the SB's using one approach and has failed on the football side using his approach. I cannot even comprehend why any fan can stand for this?
The keystone franchise of the NFL is run by a buffoon. Even with all the money he has made, his HOF induction, 3 SB's ( which were really not his), he still cannot have any humility.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
IF Jerry hires a new coach after this year, I hope the new coach can pick his own coaching staff and not get suck with whoever jerry hires for them
Jerry's going to insist he keep Kellen Moore. That will eliminate many candidates.