Rookie RBs... after 5 weeks

DFWJC

Reaction score
FCBarca;2313669 said:
I hear he also has a case of the fumbles too

I know Mendenhall sure did before going down for the year.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
DFWJC;2313482 said:
Here are the stats on the rookie RBs thru week 5.

Name...Rush Yds..Rec Yds..Ttl Yds ...TDs
M Forte........383......172.....555........4
C Johnson.....381.......69.....450........3
S Slaton.......285......100.....385........4
D McFadden...272......43......315.......1
J Stewert......269........8......277.......4
F Jones.........244......10......254.......4
K Smith.........133......78......211.......2
T Hightower...110......92......202.......5
J Charles....... 98.......68......166.......0
R Rice............85.......19......104.......0
R Mendenhall...58......17........75.......0
T Choice.........26......2.........28.......0

---------------
some notes:
*Forte is steady at the top so far with most opportunites by far
*Slaton is the biggest surprise to me. 10th RB taken and looks very solid
*The Ravens were the 1st to fully stop CJ...but they do that to everyone
*Felix Jones is climbing the charts despite getting limited touches....and he averages a crazy 8.8 yards per touch..by far the most

This chart leads me to the logical conclusion that Felix is the best running back EVAH!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Watching a little bit of the Texans the last couple weeks i gotta say that Steve Slaton is a very impressive RB. he just seems to do everything well and has good burst. He's probably the most underrated RB out of the entire class and maybe the most underrated player of the entire class... he has a chance to be real good i think!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
On Choice.

I wonder if they should try him as a red zone back. Barber isn't as effective at it since he's getting the starter's carries and thats not really ideal for Felix.

FCBarca

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2313880 said:
On Choice.

I wonder if they should try him as a red zone back. Barber isn't as effective at it since he's getting the starter's carries and thats not really ideal for Felix.

He's a tough runner, has some similarities to both Barber and Felix, IMHO...Can run between the tackles, can make nice cuts and knock over defenders...Perhaps there are times where he might get some PT...But as for redzone plays, can't see how anyone unseats Barber

Chuck 54

Reaction score
FCBarca;2313536 said:
My early pick was CJ for Offensive ROY but he'll likely have to beat out either Forte or DeSean, to do it.

I think you are overlooking the frontrunner for that award...no question about it....Matt Ryan QB is absolutely the rookie of the year, hands down, if the vote were held today.

DFWJC

Reaction score
wayne motley;2313943 said:
I think you are overlooking the frontrunner for that award...no question about it....Matt Ryan QB is absolutely the rookie of the year, hands down, if the vote were held today.

Don't be shy...tell us what you think. :rolleyes:

Just some trivia, both ESPN and NFL Channel think it's wide open.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2313974 said:
the year of the rb looks like

Never ceases to amaze me.

I have no doubts whatsoever that you're on some kind of medication, CC.

FCBarca

Reaction score
wayne motley;2313943 said:

True...There are several frontrunners this year

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
I'm really surprised at how well Slaton is playing in a NFL offense. Him and Felix Jones look the most explosive to me right now. I think Forte is helping his team out the most at this point.

Oh and as a Raider fan watching Darren, someone mentioned this but Mcfadden gets blown up when he is in the backfield on a blitz, needs some work on that. Maybe when he is healthy we'll get a good look at him, but I'm not dissapointed with him so far.

Eskimo

Reaction score
R8erFan4Ever;2314202 said:
I'm really surprised at how well Slaton is playing in a NFL offense. Him and Felix Jones look the most explosive to me right now. I think Forte is helping his team out the most at this point.

Oh and as a Raider fan watching Darren, someone mentioned this but Mcfadden gets blown up when he is in the backfield on a blitz, needs some work on that. Maybe when he is healthy we'll get a good look at him, but I'm not dissapointed with him so far.

My one hesitation with McFadden is he looks kind of top heavy for a RB who are normally a bit thicker in the hips. Combine that with his upright running style and I'm not sure he is going to last long with all the big hitters in the NFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
R8erFan4Ever;2314202 said:

Raiders have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about DMC. As for "most explosive"...I think you forgot a very obvious nominee...Chris Johnson is outrageously explosive.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Nors;2314264 said:
Desean returned another Punt for a TD this week

Question is, did he have the ball with him when he crossed the goal line?

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
DFWJC;2314216 said:
Raiders have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about DMC. As for "most explosive"...I think you forgot a very obvious nominee...Chris Johnson is outrageously explosive.

Yeah your right. Chris Johnson is definitely explosive. Just watching that baltimore game made me forget. I guess that defense makes any running back look bad.