Root for the Eagles Guys

Fmart322

Reaction score
You are so clueless. Jerry would be so excited to make the playoffs at 8-8 or 7-9, he might make some lame excuse to resign Garrett. Some of you are so short sited. This team with Garrett is not going anywhere if they do stumble into the playoffs.

Listen, Garrett is done in Dallas when the season is over. Whether we make the postseason or not. If we win a game, it won't matter. He's done. The media has turned Garrett into a joke in Dallas, more so than ever before.
You can call me clueless, I don't care.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Listen, Garrett is done in Dallas when the season is over. Whether we make the postseason or not. If we win a game, it won't matter. He's done. The media has turned Garrett into a joke in Dallas, more so than ever before.
You can call me clueless, I don't care.
No one knows what Jerry will do. I don’t want to take a chance. Jerry gets excited when the playoffs are mentioned, even in the context of an 8-8 team making them.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If you ever root against the cowboys or for a rival you are not a true fan, please leave.
Okay Mr. Emotion, I am rooting for the greater good, but you would not understand this because you as a fanatic are controlled by emotion not logic!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
But with Jerry there’s no hope for him to be fired. It’s why I’ve become an Apathetic fan. And if I thought it would bring about change for Jerry to leave rooting for losses I would.

I waved my white flag years ago with Jerry when I walked away from my life long season tickets when I realized he wasn’t making every effort to win with his selfish egoistical pursuit to be a Football Guy.

So yes, you can be a fan with basically no hope. It doesn’t mean you’re totally without hope or a totally hopeless situation. Being a Baylor fan my entire life has prepared me well rooting for a mostly dormant team where you expect to lose. But even with them like with this year there can eventually come a time even after the 60 years I’ve been a fan you finally have a shot at a championship.

Garrett did provide me the ever slightest of hope he might could overcome the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL. But he couldn’t and I’m not hopeful anyone can.

But that doesn’t prevent me from watching every game and rooting the team on to win. I admit I’ve detach myself financially in boycott and try to emotionally but it’s very difficult as close and as invested as I was for 40-50 years.

I see your point and I can respect that.

As for me, I still have a small glimmer of hope that with enough losses Jerry will be publicly embarrassed enough that he will hire a better head coach, not a puppet. Maybe Urban Meyer, maybe Lincoln Riley, somebody like them that are not puppets but really good head coaches. Sure Jerry will still give his media interviews and will still be the face of the franchise, but maybe that can coexist along side a really good head coach. It worked with Jimmy for a while, it worked with Parcells for a while, maybe it can work with Meyer or Riley for a while.

Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with being a fan of the Cowboys. They are what they are and not much we can do about it. It’s a character issue.
It has nothing at all to do with character.
Hell NO!!! I root for nobody but the Boys win , lose or draw, no matter how the season is going I f there’s to be a change it will come no matter what happens!
I rather we win and things stay the same than lose any game. Besides I have not given up on the season or the playoffs, anything can happen, we have the team and HC to make it happen. The coaches on his staff I don’t like them
We have the HC to make it happen? Would you like to take that back?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see your point and I can respect that.

As for me, I still have a small glimmer of hope that with enough losses Jerry will be publicly embarrassed enough that he will hire a better head coach, not a puppet. Maybe Urban Meyer, maybe Lincoln Riley, somebody like them that are not puppets but really good head coaches. Sure Jerry will still give his media interviews and will still be the face of the franchise, but maybe that can coexist along side a really good head coach. It worked with Jimmy for a while, it worked with Parcells for a while, maybe it can work with Meyer or Riley for a while.

Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.
Of course. I’m not attempting to take away whatever glimmer of hope you might have . Just explaining why I have lost mine. It’s not a good place to be as a fan. He’s ruined my greatest team as a sports fan.

And even when Jerry did hire those better HC it still didn’t end well. Bill didn’t have any more success than the slew of puppets and running Jimmy off left this mess for the last couple decades.

The Jerry era has been a debacle in Cowboys history. Without his early success with Jimmys built team he would have been run out of town years ago. My greatest hope is he will die before I do. Until then my hope is very limited.