Root for the Eagles Guys

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I'm not rooting for the Eagles. Pretty sure who I root for won't change the outcome of the game, but thanks for the thread. :rolleyes:
^ This.

Any and all 'losing for better players in the draft' discussion guarantees a minimum of one "OMG! How could they mess up that pick???' rant will start during next draft and continue years after. Just like every draft preceding it.

Wishing is one thing. 'Knowing' it is the best rationalization without certainty is, well, only wishing. If there is nothing wrong with wishing for better draft position, there is equally nothing wrong with wishing for your team to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we are in a hopeless situation with Jerry, they why the hell do you care if we win or lose, its all pointless isn't it? That is the logical extrapolation to what you are saying. Like I said in another thread, my minor at UT was in Psychology

If this truly is a hopeless situation as you say it is, that Jerry creates a toxic environment that prevents Garrett and other previous coaches from having success, why would you care if the team wins or loses a game here or there when it doesn't change the overall dynamics of the situation?

The only way to regain hope, or to end a hopeless situation, would be for a fan to root for the overall dynamics of the situation to change, i.e. Jerry takes a different approach with a new coach than he has with the current coach since the environment is too toxic for the current coach to succeed, as you say.

Ergo, only way to bring about changes to the dynamics of the situation is to force change and that change only happens with losses, not wins. So logically, if you believe the situation with Jerry is hopeless the only solution would be for you to root for losses, not wins that would do nothing more than prolong a hopeless situation.
But with Jerry there’s no hope for him to be fired. It’s why I’ve become an Apathetic fan. And if I thought it would bring about change for Jerry to leave rooting for losses I would.

I waved my white flag years ago with Jerry when I walked away from my life long season tickets when I realized he wasn’t making every effort to win with his selfish egoistical pursuit to be a Football Guy.

So yes, you can be a fan with basically no hope. It doesn’t mean you’re totally without hope or a totally hopeless situation. Being a Baylor fan my entire life has prepared me well rooting for a mostly dormant team where you expect to lose. But even with them like with this year there can eventually come a time even after the 60 years I’ve been a fan you finally have a shot at a championship.

Garrett did provide me the ever slightest of hope he might could overcome the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL. But he couldn’t and I’m not hopeful anyone can.

But that doesn’t prevent me from watching every game and rooting the team on to win. I admit I’ve detach myself financially in boycott and try to emotionally but it’s very difficult as close and as invested as I was for 40-50 years.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am willing to take a little more humiliation as a fan if it means the team will be in a better position to improve the roster.

How about you?
It really has nothing to do with being a fan of the Cowboys. They are what they are and not much we can do about it. It’s a character issue.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What if I told you that Jerry said to Garrett "if you win the East and win at least 1 playoff game, I will give you a 2 yr extension".

You still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what? You said change will come no matter what, but I just presented you with a scenario that has a non-zero probability of happening that will in fact ensure no changes will happen. So, like I said, are you still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what given the situation I just laid out for you, a situation that while has a very low chance of happening, it still possible to happen.
My argument has been we should fire Garrett now since he’s a Lame Duck and try to win without him.

Most of us sense Garretts gone regardless. Who knows , maybe Jerry will piss us all off and resign him anyway . But all of my instincts and insight says he’s ready to move on himself.

I get fans frustrations and they’re justified. The frustration with Jerry and his puppets are too much to deal with. Firing Garrett isn’t the satisfaction of firing Jerry but it provides some fans a renewed hope. I guess they haven’t all been around for the entire Jerry ride or their hopes would already be greatly diminished. Not many fans I’ve known have much hope left with Jerry until he’s dead and gone.

It’s an awful situation and has been for a generation of fans. I’m not sure ridding ourselves of Garrett resolves our dilemma though but I get wanting to try. Just listening and watching how miserable all of this makes Jerry just illustrates how entrenched he is in not doing everything within his power to win which is why I’ve given up most hope.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...That loser has quit on the Dallas Cowboys since Jimmy left. Jerry is the last person in this Organization who should mention the word Quit in that term! By the way, Jerry. Please use that word and leave!!!
Yep and Jerry really hasn’t done everything within his power to win since under hiring for HC’s and remaining GM. It’s a sad state of affairs.

No wonder fan apathy is at an all time high locally with less than 25% viewership for local broadcast which the normal around the league is over 40%.

But Jerry isn’t dependent on the locals anymore. They broker out their tickets to opposing fans and all of the wagon fans across the country tune in and buy merchandise.

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
I’d rather have the higher pick than get bounced by a wild card team
That’s why I can’t understand some people. Higher draft pick and an easier schedule next season. Who doesn’t want that? None of these emotional fans have seen the 49ers or the Seahawks this year? Heck almost every team to make the playoffs can make us look silly.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s why I can’t understand some people. Higher draft pick and an easier schedule next season. Who doesn’t want that? None of these emotional fans have seen the 49ers or the Seahawks this year? Heck almost every team to make the playoffs can make us look silly.
This years wildcard teams would be top 2-3 for winning the super bowl

DanManJ

Reaction score
If you ever root against the cowboys or for a rival you are not a true fan, please leave.

CPanther95

Reaction score

"Easier schedule" is WAY over exaggerated. It's only a difference in 2 opponents and next year 1 of those games is GB or MN.

Even if you think GB is significantly tougher than MN (or will be next year) it's still too soon to guarantee which one will actually finish 1st in the NFCN.

You don't let off the gas when the playoffs are in sight regardless.

*** Last year your 1st place schedule gave you the Rams instead of the Seahawks. 3rd place got the 49ers.

Last edited:

Fmart322

Reaction score
I think you are wrong buddy. If we somehow win a playoff game and play well in the next one or win than Jerry will find a way to keep his pet. He is looking for any reason to keep him. That will be enough.
Jerry has finally seen enough. It took him way longer then Cowboys fans. Garrett is done.