Root for the Eagles Guys

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think you are wrong buddy. If we somehow win a playoff game and play well in the next one or win than Jerry will find a way to keep his pet. He is looking for any reason to keep him. That will be enough.
I agree. Some people don’t understand Jerry’s family like relationship with Garrett.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Eagles winning hurts them as much as it helps us. They have no threat offensively to be a danger in the playoffs and they’ll use that false confidence of getting on a hot streak at the end of the season as the reason they don’t need to change much.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No. Never. Garrett is gone whether we go to the playoffs or not at this point.
The only thing that can save him now is a super bowl win.......and that ain't happening.
You are so clueless. Jerry would be so excited to make the playoffs at 8-8 or 7-9, he might make some lame excuse to resign Garrett. Some of you are so short sited. This team with Garrett is not going anywhere if they do stumble into the playoffs.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I’ll never root against a home playoff game.. you crazy!!?
I know your a fan, but try to use your brain in this situation not your heart! Jones, being Jones, could very easily come up with some lame excuses for keeping Garrett if we make the playoffs. We cannot take that chance!! We are not doing ANYTHING in the playoffs if Garrett is the coach, we all know this.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Im with you here. Part of me wants to Cowboys to make the playoffs and see what they can do. Maybe we can emulate the Giants team that did it years ago. Then there is the other side of me that says, Yea we make the playoffs but come on. Hey we may beat the Vikings or Seahawks in the divisional round but after that we get dragamopped by whoever we play next. Not to mention that divisional playoff win may convince Jerry to keep Garrett on for some reason. No thank you.
Logic!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
At least you admit it. You are a fanatic! This is a time for logic, not emotion. I am rooting for short term failure for a chance at long term success!

Fair. But logic also tells us that it doesn’t matter who any of us roots for. Because it won’t change who actually wins the games or not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No it doesn’t. Everyone gets fired eventually . Lol

Garrett was the flavor of the month. He provided me some hope in an otherwise hopeless situation which we are still in.

If we are in a hopeless situation with Jerry, they why the hell do you care if we win or lose, its all pointless isn't it? That is the logical extrapolation to what you are saying. Like I said in another thread, my minor at UT was in Psychology

If this truly is a hopeless situation as you say it is, that Jerry creates a toxic environment that prevents Garrett and other previous coaches from having success, why would you care if the team wins or loses a game here or there when it doesn't change the overall dynamics of the situation?

The only way to regain hope, or to end a hopeless situation, would be for a fan to root for the overall dynamics of the situation to change, i.e. Jerry takes a different approach with a new coach than he has with the current coach since the environment is too toxic for the current coach to succeed, as you say.

Ergo, only way to bring about changes to the dynamics of the situation is to force change and that change only happens with losses, not wins. So logically, if you believe the situation with Jerry is hopeless the only solution would be for you to root for losses, not wins that would do nothing more than prolong a hopeless situation.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hell NO!!! I root for nobody but the Boys win , lose or draw, no matter how the season is going I f there’s to be a change it will come no matter what happens!
I rather we win and things stay the same than lose any game. Besides I have not given up on the season or the playoffs, anything can happen, we have the team and HC to make it happen. The coaches on his staff I don’t like them

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hell NO!!! I root for nobody but the Boys win , lose or draw, no matter how the season is going I f there’s to be a change it will come no matter what happens!
I rather we win and things stay the same than lose any game. Besides I have not given up on the season or the playoffs, anything can happen, we have the team and HC to make it happen. The coaches on his staff I don’t like them

What if I told you that Jerry said to Garrett "if you win the East and win at least 1 playoff game, I will give you a 2 yr extension".

You still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what? You said change will come no matter what, but I just presented you with a scenario that has a non-zero probability of happening that will in fact ensure no changes will happen. So, like I said, are you still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what given the situation I just laid out for you, a situation that while has a very low chance of happening, it still possible to happen.

BHendri5

Reaction score
What if I told you that Jerry said to Garrett "if you win the East and win at least 1 playoff game, I will give you a 2 yr extension".

You still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what? You said change will come no matter what, but I just presented you with a scenario that has a non-zero probability of happening that will in fact ensure no changes will happen. So, like I said, are you still rooting for the Boys to win no matter what given the situation I just laid out for you, a situation that while has a very low chance of happening, it still possible to happen.
That would be a resounding Hell yeah!!! I am a Cowboys fan through and through, I will root for them no matter who the coach is.

BHendri5

Reaction score

Here’s the thing, anything is possible. I am not with the masses that thinks Garrett is a bad coach, I believe the opposite. I see it. I lay blame on Jerry, the staff he hired to help Garrett and the players. Yes, I will admit Garrett has made mistakes, all coaches do every game every season there’s no perfect coach or staff. A good or great HC is only as good as his staff Jimmy has said that. I have seen in my 50 some odd years of playing and watching football. I don’t blame Garrett for working within the parameters that Jerry places upon him. He will get another job, and the league will see that he is a very good coach. I hope he gets a front office job in our franchise instead because he orchestrated the building of this team, now he may be guilty of not getting them to be mentally tough, and do as much as he could with the soft limitations the league has put on the whole NFL. Until Jerry decides to let a coach come in do things his way , we will continue to have the same results. Jerry started a culture in the organization back in 1995 that has plagued us all these years and for some reason he cannot see it. I like Jerry imo he’s the best team sports owner, but he has that fatal flaw and as I said no one is perfect. The only perfect person to walk the earth was Jesus.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My boy and myself heartily rooted for the Eagles to emerge victorious from the impending loss that seem imminent, there for a while. Lo and behold, they came around in the 2nd half and proceeded to overcome that terrible slump they seemed destined to continue in the 1st half. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to change course and get some coaching that won't be the drag that this one has been for well over two decades. Yay! JG & RM suck! ;)

Last edited: