Drafted by Cowboys Round 2 Pick 56 Dallas Cowboys draft DE Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I've seen no one who doesn't like the pick give any reason why outside of there was someone there they wanted more. Lawrence is near the end of his career and we have no one else. Zimmer will hopefully have Parsons playing LB more.

Ultimately the issue is the cowboys are drafting like they have time for these guys to develop when in reality they need multiple day 1 starters from this draft. They’ve had opportunities to get those in both rounds but passed going with the higher risk higher reward guys.

Nothing wrong with that and it shouldn’t be taken out on the players selected, the issue goes back to the lack of free agent activity.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys first two picks are projects and need a lot of work and patience. Barton and Wilson would have come in day one and make an immediate impact. I don’t dislike the first two picks but one is rotational and the other isn’t anywhere near ready to play LT in the NFL.
Wilson is an injury red flag and Barton is projected to play center. The Cowboys picked a talented left tackle and a top 50 defensive lineman.

Gambit

Reaction score
If they were gonna go defense, you wouid think it would be more of someone who can stop the run....up the gut...not another edge guy...we have enough of those... or a run stopping LB.... don't get it. But this is another second round booboo.....we shall see,.... i would have understood a RB even... but anyway, these guys just don't get it. Head scratcher once again.
LOL

Tell me you know nothing about the player without telling me you know nothing about the player.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Thought so after the first pick, this just confirms it.
Dallas is conducting a totally needs-based draft.
Lost Tyron Smith, draft his replacement.
Lost Dorrance Armstrong, draft his replacement.

Only question is what order Dallas will draft the replacements. Draft to replace C, RB, DT? Or DT, C, RB? Or C, DT, RB?

We'll know soon enough...
nope.this is 100% BPA draft so far.they are picking according to their board.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Not a reach or a bad pick boys. I"m a Western Michigan grad and trust me this kid can play. Proof is in the pudding....you're gonna like this guy though. Give him a chance.
Sorry I have a hard time believing when the Big 10 honks last year were saying we finally had a TE that could block and catch.

Mark

Reaction score
Ultimately the issue is the cowboys are drafting like they have time for these guys to develop when in reality they need multiple day 1 starters from this draft. They’ve had opportunities to get those in both rounds but passed going with the higher risk higher reward guys.

Nothing wrong with that and it shouldn’t be taken out on the players selected, the issue goes back to the lack of free agent activity.
Agreed. You have to be active in both arenas. Difficult to do, when you are planning to make three players on your team the highest paid people at their respective positions. Which, as history teaches us, means that said players will take their feet off the gas and hamstring the franchise financially into eternity.