Drafted by Cowboys Round 2 Pick 56 Dallas Cowboys draft DE Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

Jarntt

Reaction score
Had a whopping 4.5 sacks at Western Michigan last year. Hmmmm….this looks like a “project”. SMH. Having A developmental project on team with these needs…don’t get it.
If my conversion chart is accurate, 4 1/2 sacks in the mighty Mid American Conference correlates to 16 or 17 in the NFL

CampJR

Reaction score
It’s not the sexy pick or necessarily one of strong “need”. But think we will like this pick once we get rolling.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a Greg Ellis prototype. Great pick. Good against the run. And plays with power,just needs some coaching. He's an upgrade over Armstrong
I heard someone compare him to Danielle Hunter….this guy seems to be a much better athlete then Ellis was.

Gambit

Reaction score
Sorry I have a hard time believing when the Big 10 honks last year were saying we finally had a TE that could block and catch.

Dallas drafts some of top players at their positions and you have trouble trusting because a random TE pick only one season under his belt.

Strange take but hey, tell us who your can not miss draft name instead of Kneeland was so we can all rue with you every game.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
If they were gonna go defense, you wouid think it would be more of someone who can stop the run....up the gut...not another edge guy...we have enough of those... or a run stopping LB.... don't get it. But this is another second round booboo.....we shall see,.... i would have understood a RB even... but anyway, these guys just don't get it. Head scratcher once again.
We really don't have enough though. Sam Williams is a head case that hasn't proven anything. I still have no clue what Golston is....and there's nothing behind those guys. Lawrence is 33 and Micah may not even be a full time EDGE under Zim. This isn't the direction I would've gone, but DE was a low key problem coming into this offseason, es with Fowler and Armstrong moving on.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Why is it puzzling?
Just felt there were bigger immediate needs and better players on the board with more production. But certainly looks like a high motor player.

Just wasn't expecting that pick, but hey I hope he pans out and makes plays. Go Cowboys!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Complain about us being soft. We draft punch you in the mouth guys. Still complain.
I’m not complaining BD. I like getting bigger tougher players. But I am concerned that this guy‘s draft position is based more on his physical skills not accomplishments and will need more time in the oven.

Hope I’m wrong but just thinking the jump from Western Michigan to the NFL may need some time to translate.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Dallas drafts some of top players at their positions and you have trouble trusting because a random TE pick only one season under his belt.

Strange take but hey, tell us who your can not miss draft name instead of Kneeland was so we can all rue with you every game.
Are you really that in the clouds about our second round history? Seriously? Jaylon Snith the injury project. Last years TE project. Sam Williams. Tony Dixon, Soloman Page, Jacob Rogers, Bruce Carter, Gavin Escobar, and Trysten Hill ring a bell? So tell me oerchance our rich draft history. Tell me how we get top guys all the time

CoachD

Reaction score
Glad that Brooks and his torn ACL were off the board tired of drafting guys that had injury history in college.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Defensive end didn't rank as a high need for the Cowboys on paper, but they are entering a season in which we'll see star rusher Micah Parsons need a new contract. Kneeland isn't Parsons, but perhaps the Cowboys are thinking long-term about the position, especially as DeMarcus Lawrence turns 33 years old. Kneeland ranked No. 48 on my board, making this a fair value, but it was far from one of the team's top needs.
- Matt Miller
Probably took him to help against the run, more than anything else.