Drafted by Cowboys Round 2 Pick 56 Dallas Cowboys draft DE Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The run defense was weak up the middle.

Dallas needs DTs, not DEs for run stopping. Now maybe they feel confident in Mazi, et al stepping up.

But that's not a sure thing....

SackMaster

Reaction score
The run defense was weak up the middle.

Dallas needs DTs, not DEs for run stopping. Now maybe they feel confident in Mazi, et al stepping up.

But that's not a sure thing....
While our run defense up the middle was below average, our edge run defense was a freaking joke.

Team made a TON of yards off tackle because our DEs were too busy twisting inside or getting blown up.

Just sayin'

Gambit

Reaction score
Are you really that in the clouds about our second round history? Seriously? Jaylon Snith the injury project. Last years TE project. Sam Williams. Tony Dixon, Soloman Page, Jacob Rogers, Bruce Carter, Gavin Escobar, and Trysten Hill ring a bell? So tell me oerchance our rich draft history. Tell me how we get top guys all the time
Clearly left off some 2nd round pick names, but agenda must be adhered to, I understand.

Still waiting on your sure fire can't miss draft pick this year in 2nd.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Team made a TON of yards off tackle because our DEs were too busy twisting inside or getting blown up.
That's much more of a coaching issue than a player issue.

Throwing a bunch of DEs on the field who don't know where to go or are sent to the wrong places by the coaches won't be much help.

SackMaster

Reaction score
That's much more of a coaching issue than a player issue.

Throwing a bunch of DEs on the field who don't know where to go or are sent to the wrong places by the coaches won't be much help.
True. Yet when our DEs stayed in their proper lanes, they didn't hold up particularly well.

Hell, it wasn't uncommon to see our DEs get so manhandled off the line that they were basically blocking bags for our Safeties playing LB.

Was DT a higher need? Sure. But we need COMPLETE DEs badly too.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Have no problem drafting a DE.

When Parsons is doubled they need someone who can take advantage.

Will it be him?.. like all rookies we will have to wait and see.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Welp the first curve ball of the Cowboys draft. I do agree it was a sneaky need. D Law oft injured and getting up in years. Hope he ends up being as good as D Law.
Hope he's as good as D-Law, but paid more like D-Law should be.

shabazz

Reaction score
Good pick. Building for 2025.
Could it be DLaws replacement?....his contract end is looming

Jerry probably vowed to not be put over a barrel like Daks contract is doing.

One thing a megalomanic loathes above all is to have an employee having total control over his business decisions

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Clearly left off some 2nd round pick names, but agenda must be adhered to, I understand.

Still waiting on your sure fire can't miss draft pick this year in 2nd.
What agenda? We have a second round MO. I’ve been a fan since 75. It’s not like I’m here to just complain, it’s the reality of our history.

As far as who I’d take…Colson or Benson. LB and RB are sorely lacking

If im wrong. Find me. I’ll eat crow anytime

sdfidaho

Reaction score
You'd think we got a ton of free agent help and have a stacked team with all these reaches they keep making, but nah, this draft was critical and needed can't misses. Cowboys are just dumb.
In need of lots of on-field help this year and two projects with the first two picks, apparently “all in” means 2026