Round 4 Targets

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Reading info saying that he sucks at coverage.

Not sure what info you are referencing but Cruikshank is the swiss army knife in the secondary. Played both corner and safety. Also good in slot, against run and blitzing.

As a corner he did get flagged for being too handsy and over celebrates but his strength is most definitely man coverage and stopping run.

6'1 210 4.41

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...s-mock-projections-scouting-report-highlights

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Not sure what info you are referencing but Cruikshank is the swiss army knife in the secondary. Played both corner and safety. Also good in slot, against run and blitzing.

As a corner he did get flagged for being too handsy and over celebrates but his strength is most definitely man coverage and stopping run.

6'1 210 4.41

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...s-mock-projections-scouting-report-highlights
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dane-cruikshank?id=32462018-0002-5599-7168-7460d8811278

Jake0

Reaction score
Yup, he's a hitter. Biggest problem with Byron Jones at safety is his awful tackling/lack of physicality. Can't give up easy first downs because you get dragged by random ball carriers as a safety. Cruikshank has elite measurables while still being almost 210 lbs and a physical force. Hope you can coach up the flaws. Tarvarius Moore was a pretty terrible tackler from what I saw so maybe Cruikshank is flat out better as a safety.

Reactions: BAT

Klingo3034

Reaction score
One of the major separation points between Fitzpatrick and Cruikshank is that I trust the former to play deep middle zone right away, while I think the latter may need more time to trust his eyes in zone. His mental trigger is not as quick as it is in off man coverage, so the more you play him away from the ball in zone, the more problems you get. However, it is on flashes like this that give me hope he can develop into a true free safety. While in the slot here, he slow plays the tight end and check down, reads the quarterback’s eyes, and chases the vertical down with an excellent range angle. This play not only shows his range and athleticism, but it is also shows how disciplined he is at the catch point. He is not jumping into the receiver for a penalty like some do, but he is patient and under control, timing his strike perfectly when the receiver puts his hands up. Cruikshank may never be a true free safety at the next level, but there is no disputing that he at least has the traits to develop into one, despite his inconsistencies.

No, Dane Cruikshank is not on Minkah Fitzpatrick’s level as a prospect. Fitzpatrick is much more nuanced and NFL-ready as both a zone and run defender because of his reliability and consistency. However, Cruikshank is bigger, more athletic, and in my opinion, even better in man coverage. They can both play nearly every spot in the secondary with their versatility, but the difference is that I trust Fitzpatrick to produce right out of the gates, which is why he is a slam-dunk top 10 grade for me. For Cruikshank, he is in the second round on my board because he still has to develop consistency as a deep defender in zone and open-field tackler, but he has shown flashes of promise in both areas.

Reactions: BAT

dallas72

Reaction score
Tim Settle looks like he’d start right away at DT1.

Still a lot of good players left. R4 will really flesh out the draft class.
Hes just a lazy guy...unbalanced always on the ground..to much mid fat...not motivated...BUT has all the tools of a Wilfork

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If we somehow landed Settle and Hines, I think we'd all be happy.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think the 2 picks in the 4th Round could really make our draft from blah blah blah to kind of "I LIKE IT" No matter who we pick and who becames Cowboys I will support them. I know we just ***** and moan about who we should have drafted and why this and that, but it fun doing this every year and after tomorrow we will have a draft class and a FA group to root for and watch as they become our new team for the 2018 Season. Lets go Cowboys.
I hear ya bro! I'm kind of tell it like it is guy though. I really like what the Cowboys have done so far but that doesn't mean I'm going to like the rest of their picks. I just hope they stay the course and keep improving the team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
TE - Ian Thomas, Mark ANdrews, Chris Herndon
DT - Maurice Hurst, TIm Settle, Kendrick Norton, Poona Ford
LB - Josey Jewell, Shaquem Griffin, Jack CIchy

I really would not mind seeing us package our 5th with several 6th's to get back into 4th round as I think there is a lot of talent that could help us. If we can get any two of the above I would call the draft a success. Jewell, Griffin and Hurst are my favorites.

I think at this poiint we either roll with what we have at S or look to the FA market.

visionary

Reaction score
Ian Thomas
Tim Settle
Micah Kizer/Jewell

In that order

I'll trade up for the first 2