Drafted by Cowboys Round 6 Pick 213 S Donovan Wilson Texas A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Typical fan who accepts mediocre. Jerry loves fans like you who absorb this mediocre franchise and talks down on people who actually criticize these moves. 2 plus decades of mediocre junk and fans still stick up for this franchise. Unbelievable. I'm sure you thought the 2009 draft was solid as well.

Oh grow up. You do realize the Cowboys have won the NFC East 3 out of the last 5 seasons, right? I'm guessing you're one of those "Superbowl or nothing" people.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While picking this guy in the 6th is fine. I was hoping for a better safety in the 3rd or 4th. Surprised we went RB in the 4th. This guy will compete for Frazier's 5 snaps as a backup SS.

jnday

Reaction score
Box safety. Good value here.

You cannot complain of a player like Wilson here
According to the scouting report, he is only a special teamer with no chance of making a team with his safety play. This is not the safety that we wanted, but this is the one we got and we will like it.

jnday

Reaction score
Oh grow up. You do realize the Cowboys have won the NFC East 3 out of the last 5 seasons, right? I'm guessing you're one of those "Superbowl or nothing" people.
At one time, all Cowboys fans were Super Bowl or nothing type of fans. Standards was so high that Coach Landry was under attack constantly. These younger fans can’t understand those type of expectations.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A few years back when I watching a lot of film on A&M safeties Justin Evans (2017 2nd round pick) and Armani Watts (2018 4th round pick), Wilson kept flashing. The Aggies used him in a similar manner as the way the Cardinals used Honey Badger...Nickel slot, utility-type role. Seems like he was always around the ball. Had him on my 2018 draft watch list, A&M named him a captain, and then he broke his ankle in season opener. Didn't watch him as much last year but statistically looks like he had a decent year, Great value in the late 6th round, has a chance to play special teams and steal some reps at nickel.

Don't love this draft at all; it feels like us post Parcells, pre-McClay, but this is a player I'll root for in camp.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the scouting report, he is only a special teamer with no chance of making a team with his safety play. This is not the safety that we wanted, but this is the one we got and we will like it.

Re-read the scouting report. It did not say he is “only a special teaser”. It said he has “the size and physicality to potentially take on a down safety role with some tight end cover duties”.

Status
Not open for further replies.