Drafted by Cowboys Round 6 Pick 213 S Donovan Wilson Texas A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At one time, all Cowboys fans were Super Bowl or nothing type of fans. Standards was so high that Coach Landry was under attack constantly. These younger fans can’t understand those type of expectations.
Those standards should’ve ended 20 years ago.

kumizi

Reaction score
Box safety. Good value here.

You cannot complain of a player like Wilson here
Do you just copy and paste the same canned response? Lol

Majority of publicly available rankings had this guy rated as an UDFA.

Goof value pick. Can’t complain. Lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just finished watching him. Sixth round is in fact the grade I'd give him. I don't like his coverage or his potential to be a starter, but I've seen enough with his tape to think that maybe he can be a special teamer.

By "his tape" you mean a Youtube highlight video. I love how some people think those are scouting reports. Be sure to pass your analysis along to Jerry.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You do not draft a S with a no. 1 pick unless it is special talent player like Easley, Lott, Roy Williams, Eric Berry, etc. Darren Woodson was a no.2 pick that was converted from LB. The Pro Bowl S in Cowboys history not named Roy Williams were UDFA, traded for peanuts like Thomas Everett, or mid round picks like Brock Marion (who was a Pro Bowl player for Miami after starting for the Cowboys). The Cowboys play a 4/3 D so Safeties can free lance and bit more and are not carrying a lot of coverage. So the position is not important to waste premium 1st and 2nd round draft picks when DT, LB, OT, QB, and RBs are available.

The greatest S in Cowboys history not named Roy Williams or Darren Woodson was a undrafted free agent basketball player...Cornell Green (google him).

The Cowboys will get another veteran S or find the next Mike Downs in the UDFA signees.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You do not draft a S with a no. 1 pick unless it is special talent player like Easley, Lott, Roy Williams, Eric Berry, etc. Darren Woodson was a no.2 pick that was converted from LB. The Pro Bowl S in Cowboys history not named Roy Williams were UDFA, traded for peanuts like Thomas Everett, or mid round picks like Brock Marion (who was a Pro Bowl player for Miami after starting for the Cowboys). The Cowboys play a 4/3 D so Safeties can free lance and bit more and are not carrying a lot of coverage. So the position is not important to waste premium 1st and 2nd round draft picks when DT, LB, OT, QB, and RBs are available.

The greatest S in Cowboys history not named Roy Williams or Darren Woodson was a undrafted free agent basketball player...Cornell Green (google him).

The Cowboys will get another veteran S or find the next Mike Downs in the UDFA signees.

Cliff Harris was an UDFA.
Mel Renfro was a second rounder.
Charlie Waters was a third rounder.

Long ago, yes, but history indicates the Cowboys have never valued safety as a high draft pick...

Verdammung

Reaction score
By "his tape" you mean a Youtube highlight video. I love how some people think those are scouting reports. Be sure to pass your analysis along to Jerry.

I especially like how they highlighted his ability to get burned in coverage.

There's people who work hard on YouTube taking uncut broadcast footage and stringing together all the snaps (good, bad, and doesn't really matter) where one specific player is on the field, so that fans like us can make informed opinions of our own on the players ability. Is it perfect? No, but at least I'm not embracing ignorance.

Here's a directory of his cut-ups, tell me what you think.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aba3xbzMQtNwi0fChqhLVZr7MwT8eGRCg3B5iurMh_0/edit

Status
Not open for further replies.